Any "too good to be true" hosts?

When i shop i see prices that seem outrageous comapred to competetion. I mean, 100/mo for 1000GB xfer or 125/mo for .. 50GB xfer? What am i missing?

Anyway, are there any lemon dedicated server companies i sould look out for?

massive overselling?

Overselling bandwidth (large companies can afford that), then it also depends where you rent a server (like in Europe bandwidth is more expensive), level of support, quality of hardware, I can miss something, but those seem obvious.

Just look around on these forums. Most of the problems people have our because they want to rent a $99 server and wonder why it is [insert problem here] all the time

Re: Any "too good to be true" hosts?

Originally posted by Kinko
    When i shop i see prices that seem outrageous comapred to competetion. I mean, 100/mo for 1000GB xfer or 125/mo for .. 50GB xfer? What am i missing?

Anyway, are there any lemon dedicated server companies i sould look out for?
    Here are a few suggestions. Go to the Outages forum here and look at the top 5 threads with the most posts/views. Then take those 5 and do a search on their names here and see how many positive posts you can find on them. After you're done that, check the prices of their perspective offerings. I'd be willing to bet you find a common denominator...