What Was Rackshack's Big Announcement?

Sorry to post this here, but I've been trying for two years to sign up on Rack Shack's Forum, but I've never been able to get signed up...

Anyhow, Headsurfer promised an "important surprise announcement" today to coincide with DC2 opening. I've not found any big announcement anywhere on their site or in any threads, UNLESS it was the SCO story that broke a couple days ago?

Any ideas, or was it SCO?

Thanks

yes.I'm interested in clarifying this as well.

It was the Sco. thing.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    It was the Sco. thing.
    I thought the announcement was about the private racks they were offering? I wouldn't have thought that the SCO deal is something that he would want to publisize.
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

UrbanServers.com - Premium UK SSD Virtual Servers

Well.. we were told about private racks a few weeks ago... didnt think that was the major announcement...

Headsurfer said the major announcement would make some people hate them and some love them... so I assumed it was the Sco. thing.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

If it was SCO, I guess he didn't make a big "formal announcement" about it today, since most seem to hate it.

It was SCO. Nobody is going to get pissed off EV1 is doing private racks
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

People can post a question on a forum, but they can't read?

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthre...threadid=42317
    Don't look for a way out.

That thread doesn't say what the "big announcement" was.

Originally posted by RDX Media
    People can post a question on a forum, but they can't read?

I read fine, but appearantly you don't...since you did not read what my question was.

The thread you provided a link too says nothing about a big announcement....unless of course headsurfer's first post was a big announcement.

And if the big announcement was in his first post, then it was a pretty lame "big announcement".

Seems like it did to me, he announced his new services.

He announced the new DC. But he had said previously that he was also going to make an unrelated announcement that many people would like, some will not like. That is what this thread is about.

Why even post if you don't even know what you're posting about?

I looked at it and it looks like a big announcement to me. Don't get upset at the messenger if you don't like the news.

Please consult a dictionary in reference to the words "surprise" and "unrelated". They might help you out.

Originally posted by EzHost
    Headsurfer promised an "important surprise announcement" today to coincide with DC2 opening. I've not found any big announcement anywhere on their site or in any threads, UNLESS it was the SCO story that broke a couple days ago?

Any ideas, or was it SCO?

Was posted today about the new datacenter. Looks like I answered the question perfectly.

Originally posted by EzHost
    I read fine, but appearantly you don't...since you did not read what my question was.
    On a side note that is unrelated to the quotes. I wonder if there is a limit on how many people can be added to your ignore list.
    Last edited by RDX1; 03-03-2004 at 10:57 PM.

Was posted today about the new datacenter. Looks like I answered the question perfectly.

Only if you ignore the actual question, and answer a completely different question.

On a side note that is unrelated to the quotes. I wonder if there is a limit on how many people can be added to your ignore list.
    OH PLEASE put me on ignore, and READ THE POST. The new datacenter was announced at least a week ago, that is not the big announcement. Nothing in that thread is big news.

I guess if you think something there is big news you must really lead a dull life.

I never stated it was "big" news I simple answered your question about if there were any announcements. It must be the "big" news because the day has ended and as you stated in your original post that there was suppose to be "big" news today 3/3/04. It is 8:00PM in Texas, i'm sure Robert goes home much earlier. If you can find a "big" news item that he has posted today 3/3/04 besides what I linked, then please do. News is in the eye of the beholder, he may of thought that the news he posted today is "big", you may not.

No, I'm not going to put you on my ignore list. As stated it was a completely unrelated topic. It seems you don't know how to read?

I never stated it was "big" news I simple answered your question about if there were any announcements. It must be the "big" news because the day has ended and as you stated in your original post that there was suppose to be "big" news today 3/3/04. It is 8:00PM in Texas, i'm sure Robert goes home much earlier. If you can find a "big" news item that he has posted today 3/3/04 besides what I linked, then please do. News is in the eye of the beholder, he may of thought that the news he posted today is "big", you may not.

No, I'm not going to put you on my ignore list. As stated it was a completely unrelated topic. It seems you don't know how to read?
    Whatever. I have better things to do, than respond to you about something I didn't even ask.

I skipped over most of this thread , but had an interesting result when I typed in rackshacknet in my browser

http://www.tcady.com/rackshack/desig...ckshackNET.htm

Maybe the designer wanted to provide mock designs for large companies to build up their portfolio. Even the first designs for rackshack were not that creative

The "big" surprise that HS was referring to last week was the SCO thing which in my opinion, SCO leaked 2 days too early.

The new DC was not a surprise as we all knew it would be happening, as well as the private racks.

Personally, I was hoping the surprise would be colo, but oh well...
    Paradox Web Hosting - [email protected]
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com