Thread: Flash Tutorial

Flash Tutorial

I saw a tutorial or someone just wrote some steps her on they get the flash look where the light travels along paths. ANyone have any links to this or similar cutting edge, cool fx?

Hey, ive searched for that same effect also and never have any luck. I think it is a masking effect. Inlcuding you graphics symbol, movie clip symbol etc. I atleast know that is involves those steps but, the other steps i have no idea.

DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Ah... of course vito would know where it was I was just searching for the same post.

In fact, I was searching for the exact same thing yesterday, and ended up with the same tutorial. I wanted to thank you there for sharing, but then it was an old thread and I didn't want to bump it.

Anyways, thank you for the tutorial!

Yes thats the one i was looking for..thanks... i know another way though to do it and it almost comes out with the same outcome. I have used it in my banner for one of my sites here, http://www.dgsaiyans.com/index4.php .

Yes, that looks to be the same effect.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by hostfreak
    Yes thats the one i was looking for..thanks... i know another way though to do it and it almost comes out with the same outcome. I have used it in my banner for one of my sites here, http://www.dgsaiyans.com/index4.php .
    Mind sharing it with us? Even though I only know that one trick, at least I'll know two ways of doing it

Something else I would be interested in learning is blinking cells "randomly" (or make it look it's random). An example would be lights going on and off in a building, maybe?

Thnx Vito

You have the forum indexed or something

Sure, ill share it.

First you import your image you want to use on layer 1. Then create another layer (layer 2). Next select the line tool. On layer 2 using the line tool make the lines you want to have the effect on. Now highlight layer 2 and press (crtl+F8) to create a movie clip. Now press F11. Towards the bottom right corner you should see the image you imported and Movie Clip. Duoble click movie clip. Now hightlight the new layer and go to Modify> Shape> Convert Lines to fill. Now create a new layer and move it under the layer you are on now. Now press (crtl+F8) to create a Graphic Symbol. You may need to select Graphic Symbol. Now on the graphic symbol select the rectangle tool and make a linear rectangle..(you can choose you colors etc) make sure it is big enough to go over all your lines. Now go back to your movie clip and select layer 2. Now find your graphic symbol in your libary. Drag it out to layer 2. Now insert a frame on 25 for layer 1. For layer 2 insert a keyframe for 25. Now on layer 2 move your rectangle to the very left or right over your lines (making sure the first place you put it, it is on 1) Now select 25 and move the rectanlge to the oposite side form where it is now. And highlight all the ones from 1 to 25 and right click and select Creat Motion Tween. Now select layer 1 and right click it and select Mask. Now your done. Sorry if its nto very good but i am kind of tired