Question Randomly selecting different index page on each load?

I'm looking for the easiest and best way to have a different index.html file to load (randomly) each time someone visits my domain. I made 4 designs that I want to randomly load. I thought I could use the Cpanel random HTML feature in the scripts library, but I'm not entirely sure how that'd work. Any ideas on this?

I know of a way to do this in javascript, but is there any non-javascript way since some people disable javascript?

Use php to randomly select the page.

Although personally I would have one page with 4 selectable skins, instead of 4 seperate pages. Updating content will be a nightmare for you.
    Gone.

Yes, don't use JavaScript. You can do this serverside w/ ASP or PHP. You can write a small simple function that rotates your designs randomly.

use php to select ransomly designs or templates in inxed file.

Thanks for the expert advice everyone. It sounds like I should use php. Can someone direct me to a relevant php script that would work in the manner described? I'll be doing a search on my own but I'd be greatful for some suggestions. Thanks.

OK, I found this simple php code to do the trick:

<?php
    srand((double)microtime()*1000000);
    $thistimeindexfile = rand(1,4).".html";
    include($thistimeindexfile);
    ?>

The problem is that I have this running on an addon domain on a linux cpanel server. When it forwards to one of the 4 html files, the URL then changes to:

myaddondomain.com.mymaindomain.com.

Obviously I don't want this (I don't want it to be obvious this is an addon domain, I want it to remain as thedomainthesepagesareon.com) if that makes any sense. Any ideas why this is occuring and how to prevent it?

Anyone wanna take this on? There has to be a way so it shows the domain without showing it as just an addon domain .. daamn
    so close..

Patrick:

If it takes your to sub.domain.com then you might just have a extra "." in your code. Email me, I have working random code for you if yours doesn't work.
    Adrian K.

AwesomePHP.com - Turnkey PHP Scripts with PayPal IPN