Subdomain

I have a question about subdomains too.

If my index page is currently at example.org/me and my host offers me me.example.org, how do i go about doing that? i have private ftp.

I think that one thing about why use subdomains that is being forgotten is that it's much easier for a customer to go where they want. When you want to email support for instance but don't want to use a web based form or hunt around there site for the address you would most likely send an email to [email protected] so it only stands to reason that the url would be the same... I want to pay my invoice I'll go to billing.company.com

Two good things about using subdomains:

1. Able to spread out different subd's across different IP's/servers.
    2. Separate log files which allows for clearer analysis of visitors and stats.
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Originally posted by Mercedes
    If my index page is currently at example.org/me and my host offers me me.example.org, how do i go about doing that? i have private ftp.
    The simplest way to do that is to put an index file in example.org/me/ to forward all visitors to me.example.org so that your current visitors don't get confused. And all the new visitors will know your site by me.example.org
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |
    | Dual Xeon servers at local data center | Premium PEER1 bandwidth |
    | Visit us today | www.webulex.com |

Thread split