* Crazy women driver...

I was driving to work like I usally do, and then all of a sudden I see her in my lane coming right at me. She went into the ditch (Lucky or I would of had to). Seems like she was going maybe 60 or more miles faster on the road (which is suppose to be 45 miles) plus it was snowing and very slushy.

Dont people know not to go fast when it is snowing? Jeez I could of got killed, because people drive crazy.

the thing that got me mad was I went to help her out (though it was her fault) she told me "You damn youngster you drove me off the road"

That is when I said "Fine lady get out on your own" then I left.

LOL, if it was early morning, she was probably applying mascara(sp?), that seems to be a daily occurance here in Boston.

it was around 10 am and she looked like she was around 50 years or up.

Worst spot I was ever in, I was driving up a road cut out of a mountain, no shoulders to escape to, when a guy coming downhill decided to pass a string of about twenty cars. He was coming straight at me, I had no place to go, and he was going too fast to cut back in to his lane between cars. He was chomping on a cigar, and a female passenger was pounding on his shoulder hysterically and screaming, I could see. He did manage to pass the twenty cars before hitting me head on, but not by much. He was probably doing about a hundred by then since he had been accelerating downhill for a while.

It's amazing how many people don't pay attention to road conditions. I constantly see there here [in Houston] as well. It's raining down hard and while most of the people are driving 40 mph, there are some of those crazy fools going 70mph as usual.

There always are speedy007h, but you know what, I don't get pissed because I know those are also the fools paying $2k or $3k a year in insurance.

Slowing down considerably when it rains does not ensure a more secure driving. Indeed, more accidents occur at speeds slower than 25 mph and/or traffic jam conditions.

Originally posted by MDJ2000
    There always are speedy007h, but you know what, I don't get pissed because I know those are also the fools paying $2k or $3k a year in insurance.

Unfortunately they are also responsible for your insurance rates being as high as they are. Every time some irresponsible yahoo crashes a car, especially if there are deaths or injuries, all of our insurance rates have the potential to go up.

Originally posted by Heathcliff
    Worst spot I was ever in, I was driving up a road cut out of a mountain, no shoulders to escape to, when a guy coming downhill decided to pass a string of about twenty cars. He was coming straight at me, I had no place to go, and he was going too fast to cut back in to his lane between cars. He was chomping on a cigar, and a female passenger was pounding on his shoulder hysterically and screaming, I could see. He did manage to pass the twenty cars before hitting me head on, but not by much. He was probably doing about a hundred by then since he had been accelerating downhill for a while.
    You got hit head on at 100mph?

Slowing down considerably when it rains does not ensure a more secure driving. Indeed, more accidents occur at speeds slower than 25 mph and/or traffic jam conditions.

timechange I do agree with you the most part, but what is going to cause more damage? Someone going 70 in a 45 mile vs someone going 45? Compared to someone who is going 25 vs 25. The people going slower of corse wont get hurt as bad as compared to the person going 70 miles an hour. Even at 25 miles an hour their still will be alot of damage to the car/truck (depending on the model, and year).

I think they really should do a re test on alot of people before they start driving.

Originally posted by ilyash
    You got hit head on at 100mph?
    Ha, ha. Didn't realize it could be taken that way.

Originally posted by Heathcliff
    Ha, ha. Didn't realize it could be taken that way.
    wow heathcliff the cat must have 9 lives as i'm surprised you're still with us today

You also have to add in your speed as you approached the other speeding car. Might well have been 100mph.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Insurance laws need a major revamp anyways.

Originally posted by speedy007h
    It's amazing how many people don't pay attention to road conditions. I constantly see there here [in Houston] as well. It's raining down hard and while most of the people are driving 40 mph, there are some of those crazy fools going 70mph as usual.
    Watch it, I resemble that comment of yours! Actually, on dry days I do about 70-80 depending on traffic, and everyone else is doing it too. I'd rather do the speed of traffic rather than the posted limit. It's safer than chancing doing the posted limit, and having people speeding by you. It only takes one to glance down at their "radio-makeup-phone-etc" , rear end you because they werent watching the road, and mess your whole day up.. On wet days, I still do whatever the speed of traffic is, but keep a much further distance between myself and other cars in front of me. Even at that, I have almost been rear ended because idiots behind me ride too close. I've had to go onto the shoulder to avoid it several times. One hit the car in front of me...LOL (it was an 18 year old kid driving fast in the sports car that daddy bought him). Amazing how they all think they are pro drivers. In that case, I proved I was better, I got out of the way...

Once I was driving, going about 90mph (people were still overtaking me in the outside lane, some crazy mercs in England). And basically, there was one stupid driver behind me going about the same speed as me who went out into the outside lane. He pulled out right in front of a car going about 110mph. The car hit him into me and I skidded across the road
    where I was hit by someone in the inside lane going 60mph where the back wheel is, this sent me spinning off the road. It was an experience I didn't want to have again. Just stupid how some drivers can be. When it's wet I normally go along at about 60mph.. No 45mph roads in England.