Can you give me a direct link on where to get started to learn about servers?

Hello, could anyone give me a direct link on where to begin to learn everything about managing a server? MY server goes down every darn day and noone cares since it is not their own, so the only way for me to fix it is to learn everything about linux and SSH I suppose since not even people I pay can help. Could anyone give me a direct link on where to get started? I tried searching google but never find what I am looking for. Thanks

If you want pro help try them Rack911.com or PM TheLinuxGuy
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Hi Lex,

could anyone give me a direct link on where to begin to learn everything about managing a server?
    Here are a few of my bookmarks. There is no "one" url that can teach you, just a variety of different ones.

Web Monkey Unix, MySql Documentation, O'Reilly and Associates, UNIX® Load Average, Server Security Guide, Linux 101, Web Host Gear, and Apache Docs should keep you busy for a while.

Good luck, you'll be fixing your own server in no time.

Thanks

rofl

Originally posted by blue27
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com

Who woulda guessed that one?

Good job Rockerhard. I'll bookmark those too... Who knows when I might also need them...

blue27: webhostingtalk is in my bookmarks since 2002 so you're late to recommend them Seriously though, it's a good suggestion...

And good luck lexington!

Their was a site but I cant put my fingers on it. I'll post the link or pm you the link when I find out what it was again.

go here and start reading posts on howto's and such. You will learn allot from most of the people who have servers and when your ready you can get an excellent deal on great servers with excellent support.

http://forum.ev1servers.net/

i wish i had known this forum at least.. 1 year ago, i'd have saved me from a couple bad hostings

Originally posted by mp3sattack
    i wish i had known this forum at least.. 1 year ago, i'd have saved me from a couple bad hostings
    well now you know
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>