Browser Check Please

I have just updated:

http://thelogocompany.net

and would like a usuability and browser check please.

Please let me know what browser you are using and how you find the navigation.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.

First of all, I love your website and I know exactly where to go in the future for a logo.

With the latest Mozilla (default settings), the bottom is different then when viewed in IE.

The font is blue, instead of white, so it makes it a bit hard to read. I know the link color is easily changed in Mozilla, but that's how it looks by default.

Originally posted by Pat H
    First of all, I love your website and I know exactly where to go in the future for a logo.

With the latest Mozilla (default settings), the bottom is different then when viewed in IE.

The font is blue, instead of white, so it makes it a bit hard to read. I know the link color is easily changed in Mozilla, but that's how it looks by default.
    Thanks for the feedback Pat. I will have that checked out.

Any other browsers and opinions are more than welcome in the mix.

Thanks
    Simon

Looks very good, to fix the footer links, you forgot to close the "TD.heading2" portion of your .CSS.
    Common sense isn't so common.

Originally posted by epolady
    Looks very good, to fix the footer links, you forgot to close the "TD.heading2" portion of your .CSS.
    Thanks for the fix.

Simon

Ps...what browser did you use?

Firefox 0.8
    Common sense isn't so common.

Thank you epolady.

Does anybody notice any speed issues? The site is heavilly graphical due to the nature of the product. How does it load? I am using a broad band connection myself and it appears responsive and smooth.

Thanks for helping.

Simon

I am on broadband, Its a bit choppy on the loading, and the rollovers are a bit slow. But its still quite acceptable seeing the nature of the site. However once it loads the first time, the rest of the site flows well.

No browser problems, Using Mozilla 1.6
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by epolady
    I think that is fixed now. I would appreciate it if someone with Mozilla could let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    I think that is fixed now. I would appreciate it if someone with Mozilla could let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Simon
    Yes, the problem with Mozilla is fixed.

Thanks for pointing that out originally Pat.

I have this strange problem that I am trying to resolve. The first time the site loads it loads into the browser really badly. I have attached a screen shot here:

http://thelogocompany.net/view/load.gif

This looks horrendous but it soon snaps into place. Does anyone know how to resolve this.

Thanks for your help again.

Simon

Not much you can do about it, You can try to pre-load all your images but I still don't know how well that will work..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

I've got a question. Why don't you download these browsers and check yourself? Are you thinhking since there are users here who use other browsers regularly that they might see something you would not?

I'm only asking because I'm curious. I'm not knocking what you're doing. That said, I like the site. Loks great in IE.

BCB
    *Burp*

Originally posted by BCB
    I've got a question. Why don't you download these browsers and check yourself? Are you thinhking since there are users here who use other browsers regularly that they might see something you would not?

I'm only asking because I'm curious. I'm not knocking what you're doing. That said, I like the site. Loks great in IE.

BCB
    Good question. As a graphic designer my machine is clogged up with highly intensive resource hogging apps. Like Illustrator and Photoshop to name but a few. I have enough stuff on my machine right now without adding to it with additional browsers that I will likely only use once in a blue moon.

If I was a full time web designer then I would surely have all theses browsers on my machine. But web design is not what I do. After taking delivery of the site from the design team I just want to make sure that everything works as said. I know a lot of people that come onto WHT use alsorts of flavour of browser...so a simple view of the home page should say whether the site is OK.

Believe me...I am not looking for clicks. They do not pay the bills I am also not looking for clients (well ..not through this post anyway). I can always post an ad in the related offers section if I was.

A long story I know ...but hopefully will garner the required result.

I thank all of you who have looked so far and if anyone has a fix for the site loading issue I would be pleased to hear it.

Simon

I like the site only the first thing that got my notice is that the button names aren't sharp. If you take that into a hole website, its pitty that they aren't sharp because the rest of the site is good. Sorry for my language i am dutch.

Originally posted by roetetoet
    I like the site only the first thing that got my notice is that the button names aren't sharp. If you take that into a hole website, its pitty that they aren't sharp because the rest of the site is good. Sorry for my language i am dutch.
    Do you think the font is a little heavy on the buttons?

Simon

I think your portfolio of logo designs are very good looking. Bright, cheerful, and with impact. In fact, they're a whole lot better looking than your own.

To me, your own logo looks like a filler logo that comes with a cheap template. If it weren't for the glow in the globe, my eyes could pass right by it without registering as anything other than an artifact of the background texture.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Originally posted by serialbeggar
    I think your portfolio of logo designs are very good looking. Bright, cheerful, and with impact. In fact, they're a whole lot better looking than your own.

To me, your own logo looks like a filler logo that comes with a cheap template. If it weren't for the glow in the globe, my eyes could pass right by it without registering as anything other than an artifact of the background texture.
    Yes. But you did notice it

The hardest logo of all to design is your own. I suppose it is because you are just too close.

This is our second logo in 3 years and it is better than the first. That is saying something. At least you noticed it anyway.

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    Thanks for pointing that out originally Pat.

I have this strange problem that I am trying to resolve. The first time the site loads it loads into the browser really badly. I have attached a screen shot here:

http://thelogocompany.net/view/load.gif

This looks horrendous but it soon snaps into place. Does anyone know how to resolve this.

Thanks for your help again.

Simon
    The problem might be that your images are too big, and not compressed enough.

I saved your front page to my hard drive and it's around 300KB with all the pictures. That's quite a lot when you think about it.

According to Dr.Watson (http://watson.addy.com/), it would take a 56K user around 87 seconds for your website to fully load. If I was a 56K user, and your website took that long... I would have moved onto the next company.

Internet Explorer 6.0
    Everything is great and I love the designs.