Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ezzi! [edited]

* Ezzi!!! [edited]

After canceling my service with Ezzi 3 days ago, and recieving 20 different billing invoices in the last week, as well as the worst connection issues know to man. Low and behold today they fraudulently charged my credit card for a ridiculous amount if money. Not only was the charge NOT authorized, it was also triple the amount that we've ever paid them on a monthly basis. The credit card was only on file with them for identification purposes when the account was created with Ezzi. We always paid them using Paypal. Whether anyone here realizes this or not, what they have done is a felony and federal offense. Currently we have filed complaints with ic3.gov as well as the local US Attorneys office in NY, where Ezzi is located. The reason for this post is not to slander, defame, however to get this information to the other potential victims out there. Do not keep any source of payments on file with them, you could be out 4000 dollars like me.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 03-03-2004 at 04:53 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Did you attempt to contact them regarding these random invoices and charges?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by crnc
    It sucks and I believe you but i'm sure we'd all like to hear their side of the story. I'd suggest not saying a thing though. This is not the right place and we aren't the jury.

I will update everyone and also be contacting the local US Attorneys office in NY tomorrow morning and filing a vicitims credit card felony complaint, which 10/10 times will warrant a federal investigation as well as a personal visit to their offices here in NY. I believe in sharing both sides of the story will bring light to the unethical business practices by their billing dept.
      0 Not allowed!

Also i was wondering if anyone else has been recieving billing e-mails from ezzi (around 10 of them, each one requesting a different amount owed)?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Fahd
    Did you attempt to contact them regarding these random invoices and charges?
    Yes we have...Contacting them is something that is becoming an hourly routine among myself and the rest of my staff. I can honestly say that Ezzi has done this to the wrong customer. Not only am I a co-owner of an internet services related co., I am also a non-practicing attorney in the state of NY, and my brothers happens to be with the district attorneys' offices. Making light of the situation, I knew contacting them was a key issue, and every conversation with their organization has been logged. This situation will be updated for all to view. I'm sure this criminal activity will cease, and light will be brought on the subject. If not this forum to bring light and warm customers, then where?
      0 Not allowed!

Let me get this straight...you were just charged today and are already screaming about fraud?

To me it sounds like a simple billing error...and threatening them only hours after such a mistake seems a little silly to me. I'm sure if you attempted contacting them several more times during the week you would have this resolved...reversal of charges isn't exactly an instant process.

Life doesn't happen in a blink of an eye and click of a mouse...
      0 Not allowed!

I retract my comments as I don't have must trust in the thread starter at this point.

My experience with Ezzi still remains to be true; it was a very horrible experience with them, one that required legal action.
    Last edited by The Pioneer; 03-03-2004 at 02:08 AM.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Okay, we contacted them 3 days ago via telephone to cancel services and spoke to a manger there. Plus our monthly bill with them was normally around 500 dollars, not $4000.00... I mean i wonder how people with touchy figures would even use a credit card processor.... Gimmie a break, 3 days should have been long enough for them to delete us out of the billing system, and not charge us for service we cancelled. And the real crime here lets not forget is the UNauthorization of a credit card on file solely given to them for identification purposes only, since my son who had the business relationship with them, is under 18. They were always paid through paypal. This was no mistake, but a criminal act. Once again this post is not to slander, defame, however to get this information to the other potential victims out there. Do not keep any source of payments on file with them, you could be out 4000 dollars like me.
      0 Not allowed!

Fraud? Now that is funny.... What is your name? I havent seen one email about anything like this to billing nor myself which I am sure anyone that works at EZZI would tell you to contact billing for any billing issues. Billing ran tonight for everyone so we didnt go out of our way to charge you. Would love to see what happen though, but would need to know who you are.

Just curious why after about 2 hours after you got billed you are ranting and raiving about all this without even talking to anyone in billing. If it is a billing error we have no problems in taking care of it, but contact the billing department would be the first step, not WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ExEzziCust
    ... And the real crime here lets not forget is the UNauthorization of a credit card on file solely given to them for identification purposes only, since my son who had the business relationship with them, is under 18...
    Have you talked to your son about this? Perhaps he did something that resulted in additional charges? (Merely guessing here and not implying or accusing your son of having done something! )

As a sidenote, I'm not sure if your son can have a legal agreement with them. Some places require you to be atleast 18 years before you can signup for services. Paypal requires that you're 18 too.

Maybe someone from ezzi will respond here and/or have this issue resolved.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    I retract my comments as I don't have must trust in the thread starter at this point.

My experience with Ezzi still remains to be true; it was a very horrible experience with them, one that required legal action.

What legal action are you referring to? We have never been sued or even attempted to be so I am not sure where you are coming from.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ispclub.com
    Fraud? Now that is funny.... What is your name? I havent seen one email about anything like this to billing nor myself which I am sure anyone that works at EZZI would tell you to contact billing for any billing issues. Billing ran tonight for everyone so we didnt go out of our way to charge you. Would love to see what happen though, but would need to know who you are.

Just curious why after about 2 hours after you got billed you are ranting and raiving about all this without even talking to anyone in billing. If it is a billing error we have no problems in taking care of it, but contact the billing department would be the first step, not WHT.
    Well actually we did contact the billing department 10 mins after the fraudulent charge was placed. Amex Online provides instant notification of charges made to your account. Ezzi also emailed me stating this charge was made:
    RECEIPT #### 3/2/2004

My Name
    My Company

BE IT KNOWN, that the undersigned hereby acknowledges receipt of the sum of $$$$$.$$ paid by AmEx.

If this is in partial payment the remaining unpaid balance on this date is $0.00.

EZZI.net Billing Department
    At this point i contacted Ezzi and spoke to a "tech" who told me there was nothing he could do, nor was there anyone in billing..How is this so? Someone just processed my credit card for thousands of dollars. Well since you weren't at your office, where was my credit card processed from? The luxury of your home? This is extremely uncomforting since my Amex Platinum has no limit, and theoretically you can charge up to 500,000 dollars without verbal approval. I've spoken with Amex and a fraud investigation has commenced. In short, my card is fraudulently charged, yet nobody is there to speak with me moments after this criminal activity occured. I not only find this extremely disturbing, but also a matter which will be investigated and prosecuted at Ezzi's expense. The district attorneys office I'm most certain will be interested in looking closely at their billing practices and policies. Once again this post is not to slander, defame, however to get this information to the other potential victims out there. Do not keep any source of payments on file with them, you could be out alot of money like me.
      0 Not allowed!

From the sounds of it, this seems to have been a billing error on ezzis part. If you ask me, you were too quick to jump the gun here. In my opinion you should have made another attempt to contact their billing department before initiating a criminal investigation, etc. Ezzi may have a cronjob setup to batch process payments at midnight or so, which would probably explain why you were unable to contact anyone at billing moments after your credit card was charged. Also, charges (and payments) are posted to your account by American Express (as with most other credit card providers) only about 1-3 days after the card has actually been charged, even for the online access. Until the charges have been actually posted to your account, it may only show up as a temporary charge on your account and decrease your available balance. AMEX will also ask that you wait until the payment has been posted to your account before you can initiate a charge back. So I would guess that the billing was done atleast a few hours before you actually saw the charges posted in your account and why billing was unavailable to take your call.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes what the tech told you was right you need to talk to someone in billing, which at midnight would have to wait until the next day. As I said before you never emailed billing so we can look into it so how could we help?

I still dont know who you are, all you have to do is let me know and I will look into it for you. Until that time there isnt much I can do.

I looked into our chats from tonight and I see your chat but you didnt give your name in that as well. I see the person you talked to told you to contact billing or myself, which again you still havent done. If you did this would have been resolved already.

How do we run billing? Well billing is ran from the billing server in an automated fasion. We do not manually run every customers credit card. And yes if I wanted to I could access the server if I needed to from my home.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ispclub.com
    What legal action are you referring to? We have never been sued or even attempted to be so I am not sure where you are coming from.
    I never mentioned anything about a lawsuit.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

Does it seem to anybody else that someone is deliberately out to discredit Ezzi on these forums ?

I keep on seeing posts from new users with outrageous claims about Ezzi. I'm not saying Ezzi is blameless here or even that it's not true - it just seems there's something new every day ?
    Invectis - Windows 2000, 2003 and MS SQL Server web hosting
      0 Not allowed!

You contradicted yourself, you call claims outrageous and then say Ezzi is not blameless.

I believe that some users are not exactly new because many just use Webhostingtalk.com as a resource to gather information. If they gather the information, use it and find fault in it, they'll report it.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

I have serious doubts about this threads

first of all it seems ExEzziCust registered just to trash EZZI without trying to resolve this issue rationally

second, god knows what really happened since his son used the credit card. I witnessed several billing disputes where a kid uses parent`s credit card and parents goes nuts on a vendor instead of discplining their kid

third - Ezzi seems to be a legit company and they we`ve been around for some time so if there was an unauthorized charge, it was most likely a billing error

fourth - most people don`t bother reading subscription agreements where they usually sign off their credit card for any/all charges that are related to the account activity

fifth - anybody with a bit of common sence would call up their credit card company and file a charge back

Personaly I think the thread subject is intentional overkill flame and it reminds me of a excustomer of ours who with every reboot request added a note "reboot my server wiithin 10 minutes else I will file a complaint with a BBB and Illinois attorney general"

- my 2 cents
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by invectis
    Does it seem to anybody else that someone is deliberately out to discredit Ezzi on these forums ?

I keep on seeing posts from new users with outrageous claims about Ezzi. I'm not saying Ezzi is blameless here or even that it's not true - it just seems there's something new every day ?

We have been saying the same thing. Not only have we been dDOS'd more times in the last month than in 2 years with external attacks on the network but we have seen these odd posts popping up.

I do my best to try to clear up any problems but no one ever wants to tell me who they are.

You can go through the past posts on this forum for the last 3 or 4 years and you will see very few posts about anything bad about us as a company. You never see a thread about us screwing anyone over, we always go out of our way to help customers out and make sure they are happy even if they are leaving. But all of a sudden there are a bunch of these types of posts in the last month.
      0 Not allowed!

Out of curiousity does Ezzi.net charge for violations of the AUP/TOS like most companies do? Any chance your son got spanked for breaking that AUP and is fined for it and not telling you the whole story?
      0 Not allowed!

there are a lot of valid things you can say about ezzi. however, i am sure they would not refuse to correct a billing mistake had you gone through the proper process and channels. maybe you should go back to practicing law, since such behaviour is not considered normal among us mortals.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by invectis
    Does it seem to anybody else that someone is deliberately out to discredit Ezzi on these forums ? . . .
    I'm certain of it.

Proving it, however, can be a daunting task.

I'm not saying that the thread starter is associated with the other suspected members, but the ex-thread title was unfounded and invented to harm this company.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Well i have personally recieved around 8 e-mails with different amounts being do. I dunno but i just find it strange that someone is DDOS'ing you guys like for the past 2 weeks straight. I understand that you guys have been doing upgrades on your network however having 4 upgrades in 1 month and yet I am still spiking up to 20,000 pings at time, which would be because of the DDOS attack i guess.. However Ezzi or ISPClub, how can i stay in business with pings that go so high! I just wish this issue will be resloved soon. Ezzi has been a great service provider before the month of Feb and March so far. I am sure things will get better, however i dont know how long i can personally wait for this to happen. Ezzi i hope you come out of this down turn, Your a good company, with just some bad rap going on since the DDOS's. Have you guys contacted the law enforcement? I mean I am loosing business and I am positive by reading these forums that you are also loosing alot of business which is a shame.
    Last edited by WebWize; 03-03-2004 at 10:39 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by delo-
    Out of curiousity does Ezzi.net charge for violations of the AUP/TOS like most companies do? Any chance your son got spanked for breaking that AUP and is fined for it and not telling you the whole story?
    Thats a interesting thought, I wish i could of been updated on whats going on with Ezzi, so if someone can e-mail me exactly what's happening it would be great. I thought we had freedom of speech, but these are private forums.. i know... But i would really like to know if there is a billing issue, and i am sure alot of others would also.
      0 Not allowed!

Also I normally just use these forms for reference, and to find out about specials that companies are currently offering. Great forums and members come here. But a little less sensorship would be appericated. It very well could be that the user ExEzziCust would update the rest of us when the problem was fixed and what caused this mess to happen. However now he can not since his account was disabled, and the post was edited.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    I never mentioned anything about a lawsuit.
    Then perhbaps you would like to specify what legal action you took.

It sure seems like someone out there is just trying to trash Ezzi here. Don't get me wrong, it seems like Ezzi is having trouble with dos attacks. Just seems like a weird coincidence that Ezzi gets dos'ed and now brand new members are signing up and posting all sorts of shameful remarks about the company.

Even when Phil tries to correct these "problems" the posters seem not to respond or don't use his offered help.

I really think the moderators need to step in here and contact these posters and ask them for personal information such as:

Name
    Phone Number
    Ezzi Account Number

To see if these are truly Ezzi customers and let Phil verify it. If they are then Phil can contact them and solve their problem. If they aren't then some thread deleating needs to happen.
      0 Not allowed!

*note* mods please look into this *note*
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by WebWize
    ...But a little less sensorship would be appericated. It very well could be that the user ExEzziCust would update the rest of us when the problem was fixed and what caused this mess to happen. However now he can not since his account was disabled, and the post was edited.
    1. There is no "censorship" on WHT. What you call "censorship" is enforcing the publicly posted rules of these forums.

2. Dennis is very particular about forum rules and will not "censor" someone unless they have violated one or more rules.

3. If this ExEzziCust's account here on WHT has been disabled then Dennis and the other moderators found good reason to do so. This is usually after doing some investigation into the claims made by the person as well as their IP, personal information and so forth. I would venture to guess that they found enough inconsistencies and probably some false information to justify removing the person. One thing you will see plenty of without mods interfering is opinion, accusations, claims and even "flames". But if any of this is found to be intentionally false or fraudulent, they will step in and put a stop to it.

Thank you Dennis (and other mods who were most likely involved) for stepping in here. I myself believe this person is making false claims about Ezzi.

What I personally DO find suspicious is the fact that this claim was being made at the exact same time that a major dDoS attack was being launched against the entire Ezzi network and not any one specific server on the network. Maybe I'm wrong but it's too coincidental.

I know for a fact that Phil and the other Ezzi personnel will not hesitate to look into a billing error or other problem when they are informed of them. And I know that Phil has looked into the claims made by this person which as of my last conversation with him, there were no records to support this person's accusations in their billing system. It would take some serious hard proof before I would believe otherwise.

Ezzi may have some network issues but they are NOT frauds and do NOT steal people's money. Phil has been known to give refunds to satisfy a customer and solve a problem even when he would be fully within his rights under the TOS, AUP and SLA to refuse. So anyone claiming them as frauds would be hard pressed to prove their claims!

More to prove my point... rusko (Paul) is one of Ezzi's biggest critics yet even he has a hard time believing the claims made by the thread starter. That should tell you something.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by WebWize
    . . . the post was edited.
    The thread title was edited.

The poster may, very well, return.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Waiting for his "return"...

As Paul Harvey would say.. "and now.. the REST of the story..."
    Last edited by Two-A-T; 03-04-2004 at 01:35 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

To the thread starter:

Why come to WHT to solve this kind of problem? You're looking for your money back right? Who on WHT is going to give you your money back? None of the mods are, none of the users are, i'm not. Who's going to give you your money back? EZZI! So talk to them.

Don't say you're hear to warn everyone. Warn everyone about what? EZZI couldn't resolve their billing error immediately (especially at that time)?
      0 Not allowed!

Just out of curiousty isnt there more things a network like ezzi can do to stop DDOS attacks?

I hear all these complaints about it but i find it hard to believe that there isnt some form of protection they can use ... maybey im wrong, and i probably am, im just curious

and it does seem like this guy is either not that smart (thats putting it nicely) or trying to discredit ezzi.
      0 Not allowed!

seems like this customer is going looking to dicredit EZZI before he even really tried for the return....

<<< Signatures need to be set up in your profile. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 03-05-2004 at 12:06 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Unhappy Soon to be ex-ezzi customer reports experience.

I recently got a dedicated a server from ezzi. It was $69/month for an xp2100+ I think. Here is my experience.

Our gameserver was lagging out at about 24 players. After much investigation, we found that the MOBO was configured for the wrong speed processor. We told them and it was fixed within a reasonable amount of time. The setup was quick and the customer service was reasonable. Shortly later, they anounced the P4 - 2.8 for $79/mnth. We thought the first server was running well enough to warrant another box. By the time my bill was due, I thought I had to pay it and sent in the paypal. The next day I received a receipt for MC and thought it was done. 2 days later I got another receipt shoing a paypal receipt and a balance due of negative $179. I immediately emailed them to say that I didn't want to be double billed. The response was, "Oh, we'll just let it cover your second month." I replied that I was not sure I was going to continue service, but would watch their network quality to decide by the cancellation deadline. I asked that they would refund my Paypal payment and everything would be fine. Well, they complied quite quickly, but issued me a payment rather than a refund costing us both $5 and change and making me accrue interest while the payment transfer my paypal and pay my bill - no big deal. To summarize, they have provided me adequate though not superlative customer service.

No comes the bad part: Uptime approximately 95%. Repeated cycle of: "Upgrades","ddos", "should be good." This happened at least 3 times and the last time was deplorable. I am still experiencing up to 20% loss at the two switches preceding my box to this day.

Conclusions: Customer service OK, Network not OK. I am hoping my customer service will remain ok after cancelling, but will add to this thread if not.

How I resolved the situation: Purchased my own equipment and colocated with a local DSL ISP that has just been great in both categories. It does appear that in the case of ezzi, you do get what you pay for. In the end, trying out ezzi cost me about $300 and didn't land me a single customer. My ezzi gameservers are empty because of the poor connection.
      0 Not allowed!

I've got great connectivity with them, and so do my customers. However, I haven't tried the AMDs. I have three P4s.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Soon to be ex-ezzi customer reports experience.

Originally posted by cdz
    I recently got a dedicated a server from ezzi. It was $69/month for an xp2100+ I think.
    How recently? They haven't offered XP2100 servers for some time that I am aware of.

Originally posted by cdz
    No comes the bad part: Uptime approximately 95%. Repeated cycle of: "Upgrades","ddos", "should be good." This happened at least 3 times and the last time was deplorable. I am still experiencing up to 20% loss at the two switches preceding my box to this day.
    We have seen no loss on our 6 servers since the last dDoS attack was stopped. We are getting fast and clean pings and tracerts. Average of 41ms with no loss.

Originally posted by cdz
    Conclusions: Customer service OK, Network not OK. I am hoping my customer service will remain ok after cancelling, but will add to this thread if not.
    cdz

MY conclusion: I have a BIG problem with someone who registers new on these forums just to sling dirt at Ezzi or any other host, server provider, data center, etc for that matter. It seems to be getting worse lately. The starter of this thread was making false claims (still waiting for their "return") and this seems to be a new hobby for some people out there.

Quite honestly, unless I hear from Ezzi that your claims are true, I just count you as another false attacker.
      0 Not allowed!

Well his claims were believeable - maybey not 95% uptime, but i guess it can sometimes feel like that.

20% packet loss! sorry i don't believe that

I have heard many stories about ezzi upgrading, so i DO believe more of what that guy says than this post starter.
      0 Not allowed!

I also get about 20% packet loss. I think the superfluous amounts of ezzi posts are pointless. Ezzi is always upgrading, switches broke, DDOs. The problem is not with reporting problems, its with fixing them after you realize you have a problem. Ezzi has good support I realize and I like them. And to Rahil, you sell your servers at Dirt Cheap and the CS gaming community is full of cheap kids so they see $$ before they actually understand what routing, packetloss etc are all about. So Rahil, running ezzi gameservers imho is a bad move but sooner or later the bad luck will drop on u too
      0 Not allowed!

Another 1 post comment, wonder when the mods are going to stop the Ezzi bashing by one post persons.

OutOfTheBox: I don't think you should be commenting on Ezzi as you were spamming people who were customers or thinking about being customers of Ezzi.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast