Astrahosting.com BEWARE

Hello,
    Over the past few days i have been speaking to my firned about getting my DNS pojnted as his servers (digital-root.org) as they are much better and he is always there to speak to on irc,.

Now for some time i have had extremely vague responses from astrahosting's icq and i find that i get a "can not send to channel" msg on there chat feature wich my IP is now banned from.

I first started my investigation when i whent to call them to find that it was some Car salesman team. Wow, now its getting scary i thought.. so i reported back to Active-force in the irc channel (owner of digital-root.org and .com) to find a post by him in irc saying Read this - and it was a link back to these forum from a previous astrahosting post.

Im hoping they will let me repoint my DNS but they have banned me from icq and there support forums so there is no way to call them.

Stay clear of these scammers.. they have costed me alot of money i never could really spend in the first place and they have charged bills every month when it was an annuel plan, we payed upfront and still payed bills that were not supposed to be charged at us.

Sorry for typos.. im a bit quezy and shocked at the moment.,

The only thing genuine about these guys is that they are BIG FAT FRAUDS.
      0 Not allowed!

They have not got back to me.
    I have ICQ'd them and emailed them aswell as gotten third partys to join there support room.
    They were all Immediatly answered.
    When they asked they were all banned.

(www)oz-linux.com/astra.txt This is my email i ent them.

My site is still up- nothing has changed, im thinking there not even going to shut my site i no-longer want them to host down, there going to leave absaloutly everything and do a single thing.
      0 Not allowed!

Astrahosting - VERY VERY BAD

Astrahosting is very very bad indeed, just short of a complete scam. Here's what they did to me.

In December 03, I signed on for three months (like a complete idiot - had I done research I would have known better). The sign-on process set off an alarm when it completed without showing me any price or saying how much my card had been/would be charged. They got all the information, including the "security code" on the back of the card, which serves only to extend the number to 19 digits, hardly good as a security measure. My credit card was charged $37, I recognized the scam, did the research, and decided to call it a loss and go on with my life. I wish I had cancelled the credit card and got a new on then and there.

I sent repeated requests to them to cancel my account, one per day, until they eventually decided to reply to one with a single-word message, "done."

In March 04, another $37 charge appeared on my credit card. As it turns out, someone at Astrahosting used my information to open a PayPal account and automatically pay themselves $37 every three months! Is this not fraud or identity theft? I called PayPal, and they treated me as if I opened the account myself and then forgot about it (I am 100% certain this is not the case.) The best they came up with was for me to call Astrahosting and ask if they'd kindly return my $37. I called my credit card company and cancelled the card. If they are opening PayPal accounts using my identity, who knows what else Astrahosting will do with that information.

To their credit, they do actually host a website and they did not charge me for anything other than the website. They could have gone on a shopping spree. However, I recommend anyone victimized by the PayPal scam report it as identity theft and/or fraud and get a new credit card. There is just no excuse for using personal information to open accounts without their customer's knowledge.

Same goes for stealing domain names like they allegedly do. If they take your money for a domain name, and then register it for themselves, that's failing to deliver the promised goods, even if they let you use the domain name as you had planned.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Astrahosting - VERY VERY BAD

Originally posted by Ken Marsh
    Astrahosting is very very bad indeed, just short of a complete scam. Here's what they did to me.

In December 03, I signed on for three months (like a complete idiot - had I done research I would have known better). The sign-on process set off an alarm when it completed without showing me any price or saying how much my card had been/would be charged. They got all the information, including the "security code" on the back of the card, which serves only to extend the number to 19 digits, hardly good as a security measure. My credit card was charged $37, I recognized the scam, did the research, and decided to call it a loss and go on with my life. I wish I had cancelled the credit card and got a new on then and there.

I sent repeated requests to them to cancel my account, one per day, until they eventually decided to reply to one with a single-word message, "done."

In March 04, another $37 charge appeared on my credit card. As it turns out, someone at Astrahosting used my information to open a PayPal account and automatically pay themselves $37 every three months! Is this not fraud or identity theft? I called PayPal, and they treated me as if I opened the account myself and then forgot about it (I am 100% certain this is not the case.) The best they came up with was for me to call Astrahosting and ask if they'd kindly return my $37. I called my credit card company and cancelled the card. If they are opening PayPal accounts using my identity, who knows what else Astrahosting will do with that information.

To their credit, they do actually host a website and they did not charge me for anything other than the website. They could have gone on a shopping spree. However, I recommend anyone victimized by the PayPal scam report it as identity theft and/or fraud and get a new credit card. There is just no excuse for using personal information to open accounts without their customer's knowledge.

Same goes for stealing domain names like they allegedly do. If they take your money for a domain name, and then register it for themselves, that's failing to deliver the promised goods, even if they let you use the domain name as you had planned.
    DITTO.

Seriously - same situation, especially the part about warning bells right at the signup when 'step 3' - which you'd think would be the price confirm, etc... - didn't actually happen and I hadn't a clue what they *thought* they could charge to my card.

But I took thinks a few steps further when it came to the billing issue - they worldpay.com to process charges, and I've had several longish conversations with worldpay on this... Astra's accuont with them isn't set up to collect the cc info directly (it's supposed to be passed directly through to worldpay - meaning Astra shouldn't even have access to the info, let alone capacity for shopping sprees!).

And I didn't cancel my credit card - I did have visa reverse the charges (sent them a pile a research info on Astra to get that done). Visa told me that I could change my card number (without cost to me) if Astra attempted to process anything else, but nothing appears to have occured in that regard.

I also got that one word reply from astra on my cancellation requests "done". But nothing back on the "guaranteed refund" - hence going through visa.

Anyhow - these guys are SCAMS. That's it and that's all. Pure scams. Scams, scams, scams.

Btw - in researching these guys it turns out that they've apparently a local (to me) real world living address (residential). I'm so darn tempted to drive over one day...

Final note - I've also reported these guys to the US/FBI fraud dept - so anyone else with similar issues with astra should likewise file. Eventually enough fraud reports may lead to a real world investigation and shut down.
      0 Not allowed!

Avoid astrahosting like the Plague

We have a client who is wanting to transfer to us from
    astrahosting . Thus far its been a complete nightmare.
    They have hijacked his domain name and will not give him access.
    They have also changed his password on him and he can no longer access his control panel.
    This "so called company" is a scam , plain and simple.
    They have also taken his credit card # when he signed up, and started to make all kinds of fraudulent charges with it.
      0 Not allowed!

I'd host my sites on Tripod or Geoshities before astrahosting!
      0 Not allowed!

you can take actions , you can email theire datacenter.. let me search:

OrgName: Everyones Internet, Inc.
    OrgID: EVRY
    Address: 2600 Southwest Freeway
    Address: Suite 500
    City: Houston
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 77098

NetRange: 207.44.128.0 - 207.44.255.255
    CIDR: 207.44.128.0/17
    NetName: EVRY-BLK-11
    NetHandle: NET-207-44-128-0-1
    Parent: NET-207-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.EV1.NET
    NameServer: NS2.EV1.NET
    Comment:
    RegDate:
    Updated: 2002-05-08

TechHandle: RW172-ARIN
    TechName: Williams, Randy
    TechPhone: +1-713-400-5400
    TechEmail: [email protected]

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE477-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: ABUSE
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-713-400-5400
    OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]

OrgNOCHandle: NOC1445-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: NOC
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-713-400-5400
    OrgNOCEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: RW172-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Williams, Randy
    OrgTechPhone: +1-713-400-5400
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: VST3-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Stinson, Valarie
    OrgTechPhone: +1-713-400-5400
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]
    here it is .. they are getting theire server from: ev1servers.net so just drop a mail of your complaint at theire mailing list ( with the fraud and etc.. ) i am sure they will help you

XLusive
    Professional Coder click here to contact me
      0 Not allowed!

These sort of F*cked up hosting companies must be shut down permanently. Anyone who has bad bad experiences with astrahosting, please mail ev1.net with your complaints. They will defenitely assist you with it....

======

JackPot
      0 Not allowed!

wow..
    I signed up with them awhile back & didn't have any probs.
    The last month or so, my site/ftp/email has been down 50% of the time.

So today I decided to do a google search for "astrahosting" & found several complaints..

As soon as I have access again(if I do), I'm downloading my site & moving to a different company.
      0 Not allowed!

Their website looks so convincing - but now I've heard this, I won't be using them!
      0 Not allowed!

Well, for some reason I thought I would check my firewall to see if I had inadvertantly blocked my website's IP, and sure enough...
    So, all is well now

Though, I still would not recommend them based on other comments.
      0 Not allowed!