fedoralegacy kernels and fastservers.net

Just wanted to write that fastservers upgraded our 7.3 box ( Very promptly) to the fedora legacy kernel which is now declared as stable.

I am very happy with the company. They always give prompt and polite service. I am a customer for about 20 months now. Their support crew rocks.

Does anyone know if servermatrix does the free upgrade to fedoralegacy kernels on our old boxes

If you have their free Silver plan then they should -- I believe those type of updates are included. It's nothing at all difficult, I just upgraded mine.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Yum....sure comes in handy.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

SM does not install fedoralegacy kernels ,
    Surprising why as the procedure is same installing it from the rpms.

They quoted me 75$ per hour to upgrade to a fedora kernel ( I have the silver plan)

With 'yum' being available, there's no need to fork out $75, although they should install the fedoralegacy kernels.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Originally posted by mpkapadia
    SM does not install fedoralegacy kernels ,
    Surprising why as the procedure is same installing it from the rpms.

They quoted me 75$ per hour to upgrade to a fedora kernel ( I have the silver plan)

Way to much, get someone else to do it from source.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Just install yum.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Hello Guys
    Used yum to upgrade it to the latest version , Nice little utility provided by fedoralegacy i must say.
    Took under 10 minutes to do the same, usually we always ask server provider to upgrade the kernel for us.

Whats important is that fastservers did upgrade it for us for free whereas Sm didnt. SM is the one who claims to be managed.

Still both these companies are fine to deal with but i would say FS has an edge for support over SM

Any idea if there is going to be a sort of EOL for fedoralegacy. How long would they be providing these updates