hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : I think mysql db was hacked

Forum Jump

I think mysql db was hacked

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2004, 11:29 PM

I think mysql db was hacked

Hi everyone,

How could I check to see if a mysql database was hacked or see who the last person or IP was to login to the mysql server was? Can this be done with WHM or cPanel?

The reason I ask is all sites on VPS account encountered mysql connection drops, then 10 minutes later all sites went down for 20 more minutes and when they came back up only one specific bit of data was missing. Data entered after the missing piece is still intact. When the sites were down I was still able to ping them with 0% loss.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Nose runs, feet smell?

Does anyone have a reason to sabotage your data? If there is not a good reason, it is probably some type of corruption or your host doing something weird. By default, MySQL doesn't do too much logging. I don't think records of each connection to databases is logged anywhere with any of the major control panels' default setup. You could try /var/log/mysql.log. Also check /var/log/secure for anything suspicious.
If someone else setup your MySQL server, you might just have a query log running.. the path would be in your my.cnf file (usually in /etc or /root).

Los Angeles, CA (Peer 1) ZERO DOWNTIME and Scranton, PA 99.9% Uptime Dedicated and Colo.
**http://h4y.us**
Voice: (866)435-5642. *** Email: askus at host4yourself d0t com

Old 03-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hi,

Use 'w' in your system prompt and know the last login users. From that find the recently logged mysql time and user. Then go through the mysql and see the history of mysql queries used. Through,analyse the recently logged users and get back all the commited queries.

Better, Secure your mysql server by giving limited priviliges.

Regards,

Bright

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google Releases Hosted Database Service Cloud SQL to General Availability Web Hosting News 2014-02-12 13:46:02
Google Cloud Provides Support For Native MySQL Connections Web Hosting News 2013-11-01 14:36:06
Could Website Hackers be Chasing Hosting Customers Away? Blog 2013-08-27 09:07:42
Syrian Electronic Army Targets Top US Media Websites in Outbrain Platform Hack Web Hosting News 2013-08-16 10:46:10
Hackers Post 450,000 Yahoo! Voices User Login Credentials Online Web Hosting News 2012-07-12 10:38:07