vBulletin license for sale

I have an owned license of vbulletin. I am looking to sell it for $150. That is $10 cheaper than buying direct from Jelsoft and there's still half a year left of members area access.

I am willing to provide Customer number for Jelsoft verification via PM.

Let me know.

Aaron

Need to get it approved by the mods.

And not thread crapping but suggesting - have you taken a look at some of the other vbulletin licenses that sell here on WHT - if not maybe you should.

Good luck.

My bad. I didn't realize something like this needed to be approved.

it's as simple as emailing the mods w/ your number - then they let everyone know it is all clear.

Cheers

which mod should I contact?

hi Aaron,
    I'll offer you $100 after it's verified and approved by moderator.

Once confirmed, I may be willing to make an offer....

$100 is too low. Sorry. I know there's competition. I can't part with the owned license for $100.

you might be shooting too high for your license, but anywho good luck

I fully expect my asking price to be out of range for some people. But what people have to realize is it is cheaper than buying an owend license from Jelsoft. You own it. It;s not second rate software. It's the real deal. So why would I sell it for super cheap? I'm not that desperate to sell it. I figure I can give a lower price and help someone NOT pay full price to Jelsoft.

Aaron

Aaron, email moderators@ with your license#, name and email address associated with your license. We will update the thread when we have a reply from vB.

All set to go. Good luck with the sale

This is a valid owned license expiring 07-04-2003. It is eligible for transfer.

All the best,
    Steve Machol
    Support Team, vBulletin

Edit: Just noted the date, I will get that double checked.

Okay updated

Sorry, I copied the wrong field. The expiration is: 09-12-2004

All the best,
    Steve Machol
    Support Team, vBulletin

Originally posted by abrazell
    I fully expect my asking price to be out of range for some people. But what people have to realize is it is cheaper than buying an owend license from Jelsoft. You own it. It;s not second rate software. It's the real deal. So why would I sell it for super cheap? I'm not that desperate to sell it. I figure I can give a lower price and help someone NOT pay full price to Jelsoft.

Aaron
    What you have to realise Aaron is that, sure, you're offering it $10 cheaper than getting it from Jelsoft, however, it only has around 6 months of members area access left on it.

That means in 6 months the purchaser has to hand over another $30 to Jelsoft to get access to the members area for updates etc..

So, for $10 more direct from the source, the prospective purchaser can get an owned licence and not have to pay the $30 annual maintenance fee for a year.

Can you not see the economics in that? $10 more = another 6 months of updates = an ultimate saving of about $20 in the first year getting it directly from Jelsoft.

If you decide to be realistic, I too would be happy to purchase it.

--Josh
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

I'm looking for a VB licence but and this isnt supposed to be having a go at you.... why would i buy a 6 month licence for $150 when for $160 i can get the full 12 months?

im offering 115$

You guys have a point. But $100 and $115 are still too low. I'll sell it for $130 and be done with it.

125$

$130. This is not bartering. This is a non-depreciating software license. What I should do is buy another years access in the member area and charge $170 for the license. That way you would have a year and a half of support with your license.

ok
    130$
    how can i contact you???

Okay, sorry to do this to you but I just upped the ante. Steve can verify this for me as well. I just added a year of members area access making the expiration date 9/12/2005. The going price is now $170.

im taking it for 170$
    Mods please verify it

how can i contact you???

**EDIT**
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

I sent you a PM. Worthy investment. Hope you enjoy it.

Aaron

Okay, sorry to do this to you but I just upped the ante. Steve can verify this for me as well. I just added a year of members area access making the expiration date 9/12/2005. The going price is now $170.
    This is getting fishy, I don't understand why you go all the trouble to add an additional year of subcription and while trying to sell your license. I can only see that you want to get as much from the buyer.

I am not trying to ruin your post here, remember if your credit deem to be invalid after the sale, your license also will be in question.
    Wanted forums with members and traffic.
    Webhosting Cafe Free Ads.

Why is it getting fishy? I want a certain amount for my license and I wasn't getting it. Steve has already verified my license. What's the issue. It makes perfect economical sense.

Buy new from Jelsoft

License - $160
    One year of support - Free

Buy from me
    License - $160
    1.5 years support - $10

Whats wrong with that?

because a used license goes for 90-115 on average. Not to knock you for getting what you can out of it. But looks like you found someone with deep pockets.

Why is it getting fishy? I want a certain amount for my license and I wasn't getting it. Steve has already verified my license. What's the issue. It makes perfect economical sense.

Buy new from Jelsoft

License - $160
    One year of support - Free

Buy from me
    License - $160
    1.5 years support - $10

Whats wrong with that?
    Verification from them doesn't mean anything, it only mean that it was a valid license at that point but the buyer still bear the responsible after sales - that is if there is any charge back the license will still be in question.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...20#post1825220

Capital, I appreciate your comments both here and at Sitepoint but I see no reason for a used license to sell that cheap. It's not like a car that depreciates in value as soon as you drive off a lot. If you want to pay $115, find a seller who'll sell for that cheap. Otherwise, it's really kind of moot.

brandon, you definitely have a point and to be honest never even considered that aspect. So all I can say is I have no reason to do a chargeback nor do I intend to.

brandon, you definitely have a point and to be honest never even considered that aspect. So all I can say is I have no reason to do a chargeback nor do I intend to.
    Well, I am sorry on the comment I made earlier for I was once pissed off when the seller made a charged back after transferring the license to me and Jelsoft has noway stopping them and it only come to my attention after 8 months when vb was doing an audit on their license. My license was pronouced as invalid then, but I made a complaint to Jelsoft and luckily I managed to get it back.

Jelsoft has stated on their TOS to safeguard their butt.

But anyway good luck on your sales.

Hey Brandon,

In another life, I am Sketch at Sitepoint Forums. Since I am an Advisor and many people know my name, it's important for me to maintain that reputation and not taint it with fraud... and essentially that is what you are describing. That of course does not prevent me from acting in a shady manner, but it also does compel me to behave in a positive manner...

I do understand the concern and, though I haven't gotten paid yet, I hope this conversation does not put off the sale.

Thanks!
    Aaron

Originally posted by Sketch
    If you want to pay $115, find a seller who'll sell for that cheap. Otherwise, it's really kind of moot.
    Actually I have many times and cheaper. Best of luck..

Good for you. It's irrelevant.