fedup with outlook

any other good replacement that can convert emails/rules/folders and everything i set including signatures etc.. to the new software?

prolly nice bulk license pricing also ?!

looking for outlook replacement for my office computers and me.

please share your recommendation/experience

Thank you.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Eurdora is a good program. I used it for a while. I'm not sure if you can import Outlook content into it though. May I ask why you are fed up w/ Outlook, and what version you are using? Outlook is probably one of the ONLY Microsoft products that I don't have a problem with.
    - Chris
    c.vargo@usa.net
    www.totalmindblow.com
    www.theundergroundfiles.com

There's a linux alternative Ximian. It seems to be very nice and includes 99% of the features Outlook has.

Originally posted by NikeAero1080
    Eurdora is a good program. I used it for a while. I'm not sure if you can import Outlook content into it though. May I ask why you are fed up w/ Outlook, and what version you are using? Outlook is probably one of the ONLY Microsoft products that I don't have a problem with.
    What do think about outlook 2003?

Don't like it at all. The shortcut bar is so unworkable!
    When connected to exchange and trying to use public folders is daft.

I use Outlook XP (2002). I see no reason to upgrade to 2003. I read some reports on the features and didn't think anything "new" was really added. It just has a different look to it. I like 2002.
    - Chris
    c.vargo@usa.net
    www.totalmindblow.com
    www.theundergroundfiles.com

Originally posted by jaf
    What do think about outlook 2003?

Don't like it at all. The shortcut bar is so unworkable!
    When connected to exchange and trying to use public folders is daft.
    I think Outlook 2003 is really the first upgrade in a long time. I;ve never really been excited about an email client until I got Outlook 2003.
    Primal Blue Software, Inc.
    primalblue.com

I primarily use Eudora for both home and office use. It can import Outlook accounts and email, but not (to my knowledge) signatures, rules or anything else. It was the best client around when I started using it a few years ago, but I'm sure there are a lot more options these days.

Eudora has volume licensing options and it also has a 'sponsored' mode, which is nice if you want to try it out for an extended period before committing to it.
    http://www.srohosting.com
    Stability, redundancy and peace of mind

Have a look at ThunderBird:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

I find Mozilla/Thunderbird to be good for my purposes. Working with multiple accounts, many folders, Junk rules and mail rules is sometimes easier than in Outlook. I personally like the no-switching-identity idea - at least the way Mozilla does it, it's a lot faster and much more seamless.
    Nokhrin - http://www.nokhrin.com/
    ~ e-commerce application development

I hate Outlook.

The Bat! has always been near the top of my list. Mutt would be #1 though (for me).

I use pegasus. Might have a look at ximian though.
    DStar

Outlook can be a pain, but the rules and sorting options certainly help!
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

I've seen Outlook do some horribly screwy things in my time. I would highly reccomend Netscape Messenger as an alternative.

i would go with eduora and the basic version is FREE

Outlook 2003 is a far cry above and beyond previous verisions. If you haven't used it yet, I'd give it a try before giving up on outlook entirely. You can get a trial version of office 2003 from Microsoft for the cost of shipping.

I've always used outlook mainly because it's the easiest mail client to back up - as far as I know. All data is stored in a single PST file, which you can have any number of programs back up for you. Sure, you can back up multiple files too - but a single file is just that much easier. I've also never had the data format crash on me (post Outlook '97).

Outlook 2003 has an improved interface, but the best feature about it is improved memory management. When you minimize the application, it drops it's memory usage down to a meg or two. When minimized, it will still check for new mail, process rules, etc (though it jumps up to 5-6megs while doing this). That's a big improvement over the 30 megs of previous versions, or the 20 or so megs of competing clients.

I've never been that fond of Microsoft, but I must say they've definitely improved over time.

Me too, I was totally fed up with outlook (200). I run Outlook 2003 at work and I don't like it either.

Why did I hate it ? I always had to close it (and reopen) because after a few hours it would just stop fetchning nw mail, it would look like it is checking mail, but not fetch any.

I found PocoMail:

http://www.pocomail.com/

I *LOVE* it !!! It was able to fetch all my mail from outlook's files (even all the folders structures) and works great !

I've been using it for 40 days now, so I gotta go to their website and buy the full version (still using the evaluation version).

I'm using Eudora 6 I love it