Major Outlook Express Problem

Every time I start up the program, input the password for my name, and hit enter, the program says "Authorizing" for a very long time. Sometimes, it'll let me through and check mail in about 30 seconds. Other times, it'll ask me for my password once again. Once I put it in, it rejects it. It's very unusual. To my knowledge, nothing in the program has been changed. Is it server issues? Im connected to "pop.east.cox.net" PLEASE help. Before, I would just put in my password on the small pop up window to start the program, and then it would check my mail, not even stopping to authorize. any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Could be anything?

Server could be performing a reverse DNS lookup which fails.

Inbox could already be locked by another process which would explain the password reprompt as Outlook express doesnt understand this.

Could be your connection.

Need more info!
    MattF - Since the start..

What error message is displayed in the sending and receiving window (expand if need be). Usually it will give you a brief summary of the raw message returned from the mail server.

I doubt you can do much client side, it sounds more of a server-side config if nothing has changed in recent times your end.

It's the error number 0x800CCC19

I've tried deleting the pop3uidl.dbx file with a reboot...Still not working. The weird thing is that once in a while I still can access my e-mail after waiting about 30 seconds. However, most of the time is simply the "Authorizing" screen then a notification that the server hasnt responded in 60 seconds. I'm running on XP Home Edition, OE 6.

Probably best to contact your provider, but possibly look into: do you MSN messenger integration enabled? See Tool--> Options.