HDF,

If I were you I would not be giving out that information, that is illegal. Whether or not you agree with what he did, it doesn't make what you are doing right.

Actually if the domain's information is in the public WHOIS, I can't really see why he can't post it.

Just a friendly warning to others. I'll be sure to keep it to myself next time. But, of course, his abuse of my server was totally legal and fair. Thanks for the help.
    HostForADollar.com - Your Best Deal on the Web

LiflessHost:

I learned my lesson, his domain was never registered ... shame on me for not keeping on the ball on that one.

I don't get it....
    He paid with paypal to host a domain that was not registered and used your server to send spam out?
    Toeki Enterprises Co. (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, MoneyBookers, Credit Card, Bank Transfers and Western Union. [AWBS Reseller]
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net / http://www.dots.ws

Since the domain name is not even in the PUBLIC sector, there is no reason to post his personal information here. Not only is it illegal, but you violate moral privacy.

If it is a spammer, contact the correct authorities such as spam.org.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Like I said ... I was trying to help and have been properly corrected. Feel free to offer constructive ideas as to how to prevent and inform in the future.

hfd, I have offered two constructive ideas as to how to prevent and inform.

One was self-explanatory:
    There is no reason to post his personal information here

The second is:
    Contact the correct authorities such as spam.org.

Originally posted by hfd
    Like I said ... I was trying to help and have been properly corrected. Feel free to offer constructive ideas as to how to prevent and inform in the future.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

I checked out spam.org and it (and it's links) seems more geared towards reporting spam or companies that are spamming. In this particular case, the company for which he was spamming has been shut down by their (at that time) current host. However, how does one report people suspected as spammers?

I am also curious how giving out his information is illegal (seriously, not trying to troll or anything). Whether or not it's moral is one thing but how is it illegal? FYI, I have no provisions for protecting his information in my policies. Of course, there's nothing on the flip-side stating what are my intents with personal informtation.

There are privacy laws, I'm assuming you're a U.S. citizen. Check out the U.S. House of Representative's web site.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

I would not be worried about a lowsy spammer info. I have new forums going up that will have a spam related database were all of you can add as much information as you would like even what kind of under wear he wears. What they are doing is illegal and I will post all info even thier addy to the front door if I have to.
    Look for it soon not part of ********* but will be place to check spammers out.