Pay-Line - Free CC processor

Ive recently started up with www.pay-line.com they are an alternative to 2checkout and at the moment they are free. They are also quite new but have good things planned.
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?
    Centation Web Services
    Bristol based web design
    Offering website design, SEO, website hosting, website development and domain registration.

I'm not familiar with them.

When you say free though - I assume you are just talking about the setup? Their Web site notes a 4.00% discount rate plus a per trans fee of $1.00 each.

On an av. ticket of $10 - that equates to a 14.00% total cost.
    On an av. ticket of $25 - that equates to a 8.00% total cost.
    On an av. ticket of $50 - that equates to a 6.00% total cost.

As far as 3rd party processors go, I think 2CO and PS might be a little less expensive although I don't know if Pay-Line requires a rolling reserve or not.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

cdgcommerce
    I am curious how do your rates compare to the above when you take into account the setup,gateway fee,invoice fee, ect. please include all cost

Thats painfully expensive, 4% + $1 per transaction...

Originally posted by silock
    Thats painfully expensive, 4% + $1 per transaction...
    Painfully expensive? How so, 2checkout isn't much better.

$49 Setup Fee
    $0.45 per Sale
    5.5% of Sale Amount
    That was taken from 2co site.

Processing fee - only 4 % + $1 per each sale.
    - No monthly Fees
    - No Setup Fees
    That was taken from pay-line.

I would say they are pretty similar. Also the repetutation(sp?) that 2co has gathered isnt too good. I would say for smaller sales 2co would be better however for larger sells pay-line would benefit the merchant as the % is lower.
    Any thoughts?
    Centation Web Services
    Bristol based web design
    Offering website design, SEO, website hosting, website development and domain registration.

grace5, I'd be happy to reply specifically on your question but that would be in violation of the TOS of the forum.

I can, however, answer in general terms... say you are a Web host processing $3,000 per month with an average trans of $25 (i.e. 120 transactions)... here is how your options would look:

A) 2CO -
    $0.45 per Sale
    5.5% of Sale Amount
    $3000 x 0.055 = $165
    120 trans x $.45 = $54
    Total Cost = $219
    * keep in mind, that 5% is also held

B) PayLine
    $1.00 per Sale
    4.0% of Sale Amount
    $3000 x 0.04 = $120
    120 trans x $1.00 = $120
    Total Cost = $240 --- more expensive than 2CO
    * I am not sure if PayLine also requires a reserve

C) Your Own Merchant Account - using typical industry pricing
    $0.35 per Sale
    2.35% of Sale Amount
    $3000 x 0.0235 = $70.50
    120 trans x $1.00 = $120.00
    1 Monthly Statement = $10.00
    1 Monthly Gateway = $20.00
    Total Cost = $210.50 --- LEAST EXPENSIVE of all options
    * NO reserve held back and much Faster Funding

It is also important to keep in mind that as the volume increases, the savings between a merchant account and a 3rd party account will become incrementally greater.
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

ok thanks and would not want you to be in violation of the TOS of the forum.

But I was hoping you would include the setup costs too as that is part of the total cost also....

Originally posted by grace5
    ok thanks and would not want you to be in violation of the TOS of the forum.

But I was hoping you would include the setup costs too as that is part of the total cost also....
    Why not cimply contact cdgcommerce directly for that information if you're interested in his services. That'll keep things nice and legit as far as rules go.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

Grace5, regarding your question on setup costs - you can find merchant account & gateway combos that have setup costs ranging from Free Setups all the way to several hundred dollars or more.

It just depends on the individual merchant provider in question and their particular packages and pricing.