Thread: TMS issues

TMS issues

Trying to get to their HE network (eg. www.tailoredservers.com) and getting high (90%+) packet loss and RTTs of 1800ms+ from here (UK).

With the high RTTs I can make a guess at the cause...

Me TOO ! My servers completly dissapeared. ARGH !

I'm experiencing the same problems. Not sure if it's on TMS' or HE.net's end. Called the HE.net NOC and they're checking things now.

Let's hope for the best...

Carl

Just to update our users, we're aware of the problem, and working to find a prompt resolution.

I still havent pinpointed the problem, but it looks like it's a problem within our network, and some type of DDoS.

JoseQ

My server isn't affected? Is it because it's on Yipes?

Btw, the new IPs are on He...

Our Yipes Network is totally independent of our HE network as of the moment, thus it's unaffected.

Only 216.66.xx IPs are affected.

Looks like things have stabilised now, and RTTs are back to normal levels.

Everything should be back to normal again.

It seems one of our subnets was being DDoSd. The attack has now been contained.

Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience.

JoseQ

Yeh looks good from my end too. What was the problem ?

Originally posted by TMS - JoseQ
    Everything should be back to normal again.
    Thanks for your prompt action to get this fixed. All is good with us now, as well.

Might I suggest that you let all of your customers know that this is the place for info during a downtime, if this is indeed the best place. It was great for me to be able to see this and know what was wrong (and to know that you were working on it), but I'm guessing that many others were in the dark about it. Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents.

Again, thank you very much for getting this resolved so quickly!

Mickey

I would argue that this is NOT the correct place to use as an information board for your customer service announcements.

I've said before, and I'll say again, Jose you need an off-site status page somewhere, also I wasn't able to get to the support area so some kind of off-site pager notification set-up would be good too..

Yeah I'd have to agree with Paul-Xensia on that one, I dont know if you remember but there was an issue in the past with everything disappearing for a few days due to the Cogent Bandwidth Link being cut off without prior warning, and I had no idea what was going on. Even if it was just a small simple hosting package with a large company with many providers, that the main site used as a redirect before getting to your own servers, that way if your servers failed you could just edit that site and post some status packages, its minimal expense, and adds a little customer satisfaction.

That aside, you do provide one of the best value for money providers by far

Jose - Maybe you could put a second NIC card in TMS's main server, and have an emergency support address that allows access to the ticket system and is linked to the Yipes IP? Do you have any idea when BGP is coming - I love the Yipes line, but BGP would make it even better.

-Josh

Jose said on msn to me last night that The Planet have all the instructions and should do it soon (like a week or something).