Thumbs down Problems with ImHosted.com

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with ImHosted.com , I have been battling with them for a while now. There support is useless and I'm lucky to hear back from them via email in 48 hours.

My problem: I have been with them for about a year, I have 10 different websites and I pay (on time) for their most expensive hosting package. I have a website that receives alot of traffic (about 5000-6000 uniques every 12 hours) I have never went over my alloted bandwidth. They keep suspending my sites and without any notification. Their reason is server load. Why do they offer hosting packages they can't handle? Is this legal to do? What can I do fix this problem?

I have switched to a new company and every time I try to start a transfer they shut me down again. I cannot get any help from them and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this insanity?

Thank you very much,
    Pat Lovell - IT Manager
      0 Not allowed!

do they send email when you reach 80% B/w?, if your have that much hits, i would say get a Dedicated Serve. look in server matrix.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

They don't send an email because I'm no where near my allotted bandwidth. I can understand if I was close or over my bandwidth but I'm not. They just can't handle the hits.

Here is a quote from them.

Please remove this folder within your account.
    (public_html/adclicknetwork/). This domain adclicknetwork* has been receiving numerous hits. With the high number of hits plus the use of memory intensive CGI scripts, this domain is crashing the server
    I want to know why they offer the bandwidth, I pay for it, and they won't let me use it..........

Pat - IT Manager
    Lovell Technology
      0 Not allowed!

If your site is using too many server resources and causing high loads then any host will most likely do the same.

The amount of bandwidth you're using doesn't really matter it's totally seperate, you can be using a very minimal amount and still be causing a strain on the server.

It sounds like you need to either hire somebody to look over your site and scripts to see which ones are the most demanding and decide if they can be replaced or even rewritten, or you need to look at either a VPS solution or your own server, as your site seems to have outgrown a shared server.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LovellTech
    They don't send an email because I'm no where near my allotted bandwidth. I can understand if I was close or over my bandwidth but I'm not. They just can't handle the hits.

Here is a quote from them.

I want to know why they offer the bandwidth, I pay for it, and they won't let me use it..........

Pat - IT Manager
    Lovell Technology
    hmm

I think your best choice to find a VSP or own server
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for all the help, I have already switched to another provider with my own server. What I wanted to know is if anyone knows how i can get IMhosted.com to put my site back up so I can access my files and transfer everything. There support is horrible, they don't answer email or return phone calls.

I have checked the scripts and they are fine. I've also had support at IMhosted check them and they say they are fine except for the server load.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Problems with ImHosted.com

Originally posted by LovellTech
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with ImHosted.com , I have been battling with them for a while now. There support is useless and I'm lucky to hear back from them via email in 48 hours.

My problem: I have been with them for about a year, I have 10 different websites and I pay (on time) for their most expensive hosting package. I have a website that receives alot of traffic (about 5000-6000 uniques every 12 hours) I have never went over my alloted bandwidth. They keep suspending my sites and without any notification. Their reason is server load. Why do they offer hosting packages they can't handle? Is this legal to do? What can I do fix this problem?

I have switched to a new company and every time I try to start a transfer they shut me down again. I cannot get any help from them and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this insanity?

Thank you very much,
    Pat Lovell - IT Manager
    Funny thing is, Better Business Bureau can't get in touch with them. they ripped me off. Asked them for an extra 10 GB of bandwidth for that month, they charged me for 40GB. When I ask for a refund, they won't even respond, so I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and may seek small claim legal actions against them. Here is what's stated by Better Business Bureau:

"Additional File Information

According to information in Bureau files mail sent to the business has been returned by the Post Office as undeliverable and all the phone numbers have been disconnected.
    "

and the location in Washington State:
    "General Information

Phone Number: (206) 350-1777
    Type-of-Business Classification: Internet Web Site Hosting
    Website Address: imhosted.com

We are attempting to develop information on the company. At the present time we do not have enough information to issue a full report. "

so, hard to find any real info on them.
      0 Not allowed!