genealogy anyone?

I have older cousins that are trying to keep track of it for all of us and I can't keep it straight. I'm 100% certain now that I'm of Irish and not Scottish descent (which was disappointing to me for some crazy reason because I have the westies I thought being part Scottish was a neat coincidence!) But who knows if we traced it back farther what we'd find out! It's fun to think about where we all came from.

Genealogy is great! I even created my own web site keep track of the 8 generations on one side and 4 on the other, but I know people who have of course gone back for centuries.... lucky people!

Lexington SC
    My very first web site, back in 1997 or so, was a site about our family history. We got about about 1 email a week from someone who thought they could be our relative; and a few we actually confirmed. My parents actually plan to meet a couple when they go to italy this summer.
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit for details.

Yeah, someone in my family has traced one side (father's mother's side) back to the 12th generation + still working on it. I'm of Irish, Scottish & English descent.

i've seen web sites about genealogy, but i cant remember now. one of them had a post about funny names maybe its yours?

Eureka, CA USA

Genealogy/ Family History

I know of a few awsome websites for genealogy / family history. The best is Family Search www.familysearch.org Its free and very extensive. Another isnt free its called It has a fee but it is WELL worth it..

Thanks for letting me share these with you,

Cole Machado
    Humboldt Bay Internet

I don't but my father does. I just maintain his website.

Last I check the database is almost up to around 7000+ individual entries and 1500+ surnames (last names). I think the oldest date is someplace around 1560.

It's just nuts. He should really start publishing books.