XO Reseller or Sales Rep?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a XO reseller or direct sales representative that works with or for XO and that can get good prices in any datacenter that XO currently owns or is in? I am looking at many carrier nuetral dcs around the country and want to get XO for bandwidth. I may also be intrested to be directly in a XO datacenter in a few cities.

Thanks, Kyle Leissner

Yes, I have contacted XO.

What would be a good price for 1 rack and 100Mbps in a XO owned DC? Thanks, Kyle

Look for mfjp on the boards... he has some space on the XO datacenter in Fremont, California if you're interested in that location.

Hello,

I am more intrested in the Houston, Texase location, but am looking at many other dc across the US as well.

Thanks, Kyle

Were you not satisfied with the prices the XO rep gave you? I'm sure if you badger them enough they could work something out for you .
    Last edited by TeKiZeRo; 03-02-2004 at 12:29 AM.

Why do you want XO?

They have the worst service, the worst sales and average prices. If you're in a colo neutral location, I'd look at buying L3 or Abovenet through a reseller to get a better network, a similar price and a MUCH better sales/implementation experience.

PM me with the name of the neutral data center you're in and I'll try to intro you to another network provider.

XO's network isn't horrible, but the hassle they'll put you through will make you wish you never decided to use them.

We are in XO's Fremont dc, and are quite happy with it. Contact mfjp on these forums, I am pretty sure he will be able to handle all of your XO needs.

Peter
    The Maag Group - Intelligent IT Solutions
    Colocation Dedicated Servers Server Administration
    www.maaggroup.com 877.622.4477

We sell all XO products. Contact me off list and we can look into this in more detail for you.

They have the worst service, the worst sales and average prices. If you're in a colo neutral location, I'd look at buying L3 or Abovenet through a reseller to get a better network, a similar price and a MUCH better sales/implementation experience.
    Word!

If anything - Go via a reseller such as mjfp, and let THEM worry about the issues with XO.

I resented every minute of the year I was under XO's thumb, as I didnt know any better when I started out. From slow turn-up to numerous billing issues.. argh.

Has anyone noticed that a few XO-only networks have suddenly crumbled leaving their customers holding the bag over billing issues?

TTLhost comes to mind. I SWEAR there was another, and the rationale in both was that they were pulling the plug because XO screwed them over billing.
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

Can you open a new thread to recommend this 120 E. Van Buren DC?

This thread is kinda unrelated to this L3 place in Arizona

Actually,

I am intrested in Level3 as well as they have a DC in Houston as well.

Also, I have already talked you ytour friend in 120 E. Van Buren DC in Phoenix, he is a great guy.

Thanks, Kyle Leissner

XO Is out of Hosting Biz

XO Is going to be selling all Data Centers!!!!

They are not selling all DC, they are just getting out of hosting.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Has anyone noticed that a few XO-only networks have suddenly crumbled leaving their customers holding the bag over billing issues?

TTLhost comes to mind. I SWEAR there was another, and the rationale in both was that they were pulling the plug because XO screwed them over billing.
    XO may have billing issues, but I don't think TTLHost should be used as an example of them.

No one except John Ellis knows what really happened to TTLHost, and since John consistently lied and misrepresented his company beforehand and afterwards, I don't have any trouble believing that he lied about the "billing dispute" as well. I certainly wouldn't hold XO responsible for any part of the TTL fiasco -- it wasn't XO who lied, it wasn't XO who made promises while having no intention of coming through on them, and it wasn't XO who stole people's servers and fled in the middle of the night.

At any rate, I just wanted to point out that TTLHost shouldn't be used as an example of XO's performance, since there was much more going on behind the scenes and no one knows what the real facts are.

Actually, I knew about some that happen to TTLHost, there were some abuse and they were not dealing with it at the least I know.

XO had nothing to do with this.

Originally posted by amaroq
    XO may have billing issues, but I don't think TTLHost should be used as an example of them.

No one except John Ellis knows what really happened to TTLHost, and since John consistently lied and misrepresented his company beforehand and afterwards, I don't have any trouble believing that he lied about the "billing dispute" as well. I certainly wouldn't hold XO responsible for any part of the TTL fiasco -- it wasn't XO who lied, it wasn't XO who made promises while having no intention of coming through on them, and it wasn't XO who stole people's servers and fled in the middle of the night.

At any rate, I just wanted to point out that TTLHost shouldn't be used as an example of XO's performance, since there was much more going on behind the scenes and no one knows what the real facts are.
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

It doesnt matter which of the lower cost carriers you are talking about. No carrier shuts people off without notice unless there is a serious AUP violation. XO, Cogent, WCG, etc all provide a good service for the price. The main problem with these providers is image. Because of price these carriers attract a lot of people that dont know what they are doing. When the customer goes down they point the finger at the provider and no one calls BS on them.

Any time someone gets shut off it is 99% chance it is there fault. No provider shuts off a customer who is current on billing and has no AUP violations. And the most common "billing dispute" is customers getting charged for burst and being unable to pay it. You dispute it, they verify you used it, now you pay it. If you cant it is no longer a billing dispute, it is a "financial outage."

If you still need someone contact me off list. I know people in Texas that can help.

Paul

if South Florida (miami) floats the boat, contact me and i can see what i can do to help you... We use XO bandwidth ... After signing the contract with my XO rep, i found out that he was a family friend from years ago in a different country and simply lost touch until this... VERY SMALL WORLD!!!
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

Originally posted by pvanmeter
    It doesnt matter which of the lower cost carriers you are talking about. No carrier shuts people off without notice unless there is a serious AUP violation. XO, Cogent, WCG, etc all provide a good service for the price. The main problem with these providers is image. Because of price these carriers attract a lot of people that dont know what they are doing. When the customer goes down they point the finger at the provider and no one calls BS on them.
    I don't know about Cogent, but XO attracts a lot of SALESPEOPLE that don't know what they're doing. I'm sure there are isolated good XO reps out there, but the company as a whole is the worst I've ever experienced. They overpromise, don't deliver, overcharge, etc. The issue with XO isn't their network, which is average - it's their sales and business practices which are the worst in the industry. Again, I'm sure there are exceptions but I've only found one out of the 50 or so XO sales reps that have contacted me and this "good" sales rep got screwed by XO implementation. We never got the lines we ordered - pure nightmare.