Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile jewish people and jesus

where in the bible does it talk about god blinding the jewish people to whom jesus really is, so that the rest of the world would accept the jewish god , as thier god.

Wow, that's a heck of a first post in a web hosting related community.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Re: jewish people and jesus

Originally posted by butch pierce
    where in the bible does it talk about god blinding the jewish people to whom jesus really is, so that the rest of the world would accept the jewish god , as thier god.
    It doesn't. I know serveral Jewish people that are Christians.
    Matthew Josten

iLearnHTML - HTML Tutorial

not anti jewish commit

im trying to explain to my friends that the jews are not to blame for jesus death, you know the whole passion movie thing. i know jewish people can become christains they were the first christians.

Wow, that's a heck of a first post in a web hosting related community.

Vito, ive never talked/ posted on a computer before

Welcome to WHT, butch pierce.

It just seems like an odd topic to start as a first post in a web hosting community.

Hope you enjoy our community. Lots of good folk...

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

is thier any bible scholers out there

Lots of them. Self proclaimed, no less. Just do a cursory search of the Lounge...

Vito

your friends think that jews are to blame for jesus death?

maybe a few of them, 2000 years ago, did do something or other. or so the bible says.

I dont belive in god.
    dont think that jesus ever was around really... or if he was, then it happend like the bible tells it. (new or old)

but pure logic here.
    even if you belive in all that...

what does that have to do with jews today? I cant get that kind of logic. guess its just me.

and buddy, not to be rude... there are infact forums that are better for this than this one. you might want to post there as well? people talk about this all the time...

oh, and welcome to WHT.

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

im not as strange as the post sounds . but i here ya. veto . does religion come up much. in the site.

would you rather have a quistion on how superheat effects the read valves in a air conditioner . nuk nuk just kidding

Hehe, stranger FIRST posts have been made.

Anyways, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Vito

if i do not recall correctly..
    didnt the romans kill jesus?

and what difference does it make?

if he died of old age.. how many people would have worshipped him today?

the romans killed him, a guy yacked about him to them. was a jew.

I just dont get why people would say "jews killed jesus" because of that. bad logic.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.

Umm, how could the Jewish be Christians if Jesus hadnt died yet? The belief in Jehovah (or Yaweh, I think I spelled that right) was around long before Jesus, but became Christianity because that's what the Jewish leaders called those who believed in him.

The Romans killed Jesus, but it was as a result of the hounding by the Jewish leaders for them to do so, as the Jewish themselves were not allowed by law to crucify anyone. The Roman leader was unable to decide, so finally washed his hands in "holy water" and said "do as you will" (as to wash the sin or responsibility of such off his hands). The Jewish leaders were then given the authority to have the Roman guards crucify him.

The difference between the Jews and Christians is that Christians believe in the New Testaments, and the Jews dont. The Jewish (religion part) doesnt believe that the Messiah has come yet. The Christians believe he has come, and the next one will be the Anti-Christ. Yes, a Jew can become a Christian, it's only a matter of belief.

Peronally I am less into the Bible history itself, and more into The Book of Revelation. I once argued with a Preacher who thought the verse "what looks like a mountain of fire flying thru the sky" was the Holy Mountain of God coming back to Earth. I didnt hesitate to tell him what he was full of. That it would either be a ballistic missile coming back into the atmosphere, or an asteroid. It's not hard to figure it out, duh.....or it could very well be a shuttle blowing up coming back into the atmosphere... I never thought of that before. I saw one coming back one time, look like a big green ball of fire crossing the skies. It has an eerie look to it.

I'm just still trying to figure our this thread...

Why was it started in the first place? I'm confused.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

butch decided to enlighten us with his religious questions lol

So I hear, ilyash.

But why? Isn't it a tech forum with tech jokes on it? Weren't religious and political topics banned here?

To answer the question, it is in Romans 11.

Originally posted by floridacp
    To answer the question, it is in Romans 11.

Wow, a new breed of web hosters are signing for WHT. All seem to know the Bible and talk religiously all over the board.

That makes me curious about where iNet displayed WHT ads in the last couple of days.

Well, being jewish myself, and knowing quite a bit about judaism, I have to say that the jews of that day did play an active role in the killing of Jesus, however, I don't hold that against them. I'll explain from logic: Now see, what do you think any christian church in the old days would've done if this guy came by who was basically blaspheming the church, anouncing new ideas that weren't what they believed? Now say people were beginning to believe him, and he was causing a bit of an uproar. You damn well better be sure that they would've executed him. Same thing happened here. I'm just looking at this from a logical secular point of view. It makes perfect sense. The jewish leaders were not evil, in any sense of the word. They believed they were doing the will of god, as did Jesus and well.. anybody. Christians have been known throughout time to be some of the most intollerant people in the world; look at the spanish inquisition, for example! Yet when people look at this issue here, they see it from a different perspective. Just my take on things.

Oh by the way: I consider my divine belief to be agnostic, but that I'm Jewish by community and upbringing.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by Artashes
    Wow, a new breed of web hosters are signing for WHT. All seem to know the Bible and talk religiously all over the board.

That makes me curious about where iNet displayed WHT ads in the last couple of days.
    Huh? Look at my reg date and look at yours

I believe he's talking about florida, who registered only to post in this thread....

90 seconds...
    yet again..... maybe now? Nope. Still waiting.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by Webdude
    Huh? Look at my reg date and look at yours
    Please look at my post again. I was referring to the comment made by floridacp. I even quoted the user to point it out.

I saw that, but figured I would do my own pointing too

Originally posted by Xshare
    I believe he's talking about florida, who registered only to post in this thread....

90 seconds...
    yet again..... maybe now? Nope. Still waiting.
    90sec' thing! I hate it!

I saw that, but figured I would do my own pointing too
    Awesome, hope it worked out for everyone.

Now, websterworld, relax man, I fear the 90sec limit will start messing with your mind soon.

I didn't register to post in this thread -- just saw the thread and was curious.

As I have outgrown my shared account, I am getting my first dedicated server this week and it was recommended that I join here so that I can see what recommendations the pros have - so I did a few days ago and have been reading ever since.

This board has been very helpful -- nothing I could give back as I am new to all of this. Just saw a question I knew the answer to and thought I would add it.

The one point I would like to add is that the jews were not the first christians. Jesus was jewish, and christianity has some traits from jewdism. Jewdism is jewdism.

Joe
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

Originally posted by ilyash
    if he died of old age.. how many people would have worshipped him today?
    I've often wondered the same thing about:
    Janis Joplin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Elvis (though I'm sure I saw him working a drive through at Burger King last week)
    Kurt Cobain

.. the list goes on.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I know serveral Jewish people that are Christians.
    Yeah and I have a Hindu friend that practices Islam, but he is Buddhist on the weekend. WTF?

This thread has certainly been entertaining
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

Well, being jewish myself, and knowing quite a bit about judaism, I have to say that the jews of that day did play an active role in the killing of Jesus, however, I don't hold that against them. I'll explain from logic:
    you'd better because i'm quite interested in it

Now see, what do you think any christian church in the old days would've done if this guy came by who was basically blaspheming the church, anouncing new ideas that weren't what they believed? Now say people were beginning to believe him, and he was causing a bit of an uproar. You damn well better be sure that they would've executed him. Same thing happened here.
    indeed , i agree with you , but now it comes .....

I'm just looking at this from a logical secular point of view. It makes perfect sense. The jewish leaders were not evil, in any sense of the word. They believed they were doing the will of god, as did Jesus and well.. anybody.
    They were evil. Following you're logic anybody who believes they are doing the will of god are allowed to commit attrocities and not be considered evil like for instance Bin Laden...

Christians have been known throughout time to be some of the most intollerant people in the world; look at the spanish inquisition, for example! Yet when people look at this issue here, they see it from a different perspective. Just my take on things.
    maybe some irrational people look at it from a different perspective, i don't. They were evil, murderers. Same way i consider the european immigrants who whiped out most of the indians in what's now called america murderers.

Actually, I'm God, and you're all wrong, but I've decided not to tell you why.

Originally posted by MDJ2000
    Actually, I'm God, and you're all wrong, but I've decided not to tell you why.

good one...

The Romans killed Jesus, but it was as a result of the hounding by the Jewish leaders for them to do so, as the Jewish themselves were not allowed by law to crucify anyone. The Roman leader was unable to decide, so finally washed his hands in "holy water" and said "do as you will" (as to wash the sin or responsibility of such off his hands). The Jewish leaders were then given the authority to have the Roman guards crucify him.
    A little bit on the wording here. While most of what you said is in line with what I've heard, keep in mind that Israel was under the oppressive occupation of Romans. The Roman leader was... the leader. No leader would permit the leaders of the country they were occupying to direct their soldiers to do anything. In other words, I don't think, the Jewish leaders were then given the authority to have the Roman guards... is correct.

It is more likely that pressure was put upon the Roman leader who then had the Roman guards crucify him. Even if the Roamn leader had no intention and was against the act, ultimately, as leader, he approved it and ordered it. Likewise, ultimately, he could have prevented it.

Many people are "responsibe" for the death. You've heard before the notion of, "I was just following orders" -but at the same time, it doesn't seem plausible to blame the Jews' deaths on Hitler alone (for example). Are the people who carried out the orders partly to blame? It's an old argument (repeated over and over), that doesn't have clear answers.

At this point in time, I don't see a real point in placing blame on anyone, at least not any culture or religion. I don't think it's the point of the movie, the bible, nor anything else. There is a point to it all, it's just not that.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

I beleive a study of the doctrine of the Bible reveils that:

mankind is to blame,not just the jews or the romans (seeing how they are of mankind too)
    Jesus went willing, not that anyone "took" his life from him.

Exactly grace5, no one has the power to kill the son of God, but what power is given to them.

Jesus went willing, not that anyone "took" his life from him
    By trivializing it to that you are entirely missing the point. Are you not aware that he died in the name of his beliefs? You make it sound like he WANTED to die.

The people who were responsible for killing him did JUST THAT - killed him. How else can you paint that picture?

Are you and MDJ suggesting that God "gave Jesus' assailants" the power to kill him?
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

Are you and MDJ suggesting that God "gave Jesus' assailants" the power to kill him?
    yes I am how else could they kill him?

He was born to die, truly...

and yes he did die for his beleifs but was much more than a martyr as told in the Bible

The Bible, and the belief in God, controls the masses. The fear of God, or gods, is what has prevented this world from falling completely apart. I'm sure most of us have gotten so mad at someone that we could literally go shoot them in the head and murder them. In many cases, it was the very fear of God and the afterlife that kept it from happening.

What will happen when that fear is gone? To know, just look around you, look around this world. Radicals kill in the name of God, the blind leading the blind. You have rampant immorality, like those strip clubs I go to

At one time, homosexuality was a terrible thing to practice. Everyone is conditioned to accept it now. What is next? Beastiality? Will laws change to allow it? 20 years down the road, will you be saying "It's not my place to judge, if he/she wants to have sex with their dogs, then it's their life"? What do you say about it now? That it's illegal? Well, just like with sexuality, laws change, as do attitudes. Perhaps you say that will never happen. People used to say homosexuality would never be legally allowed, but it is.. I dread the day that child porn becomes acceptable. It may be a ways off, and I'm sure one day it will come, and I hope I am long dead by then. The further society moves away from ancient laws, the more immoral this world becomes. The proof is in the history..

Cool wow we are far from the original quistion

was the jewish people blinded to jesus by god so that the gentiles would beable to reconize jesus and the jewish god as thiers and ive been answered . yes , romans 11 thanks youall

and this whole gay marriage thing is sick. and we are comeing into the time that is like the days before noha of beasteality , when and why god had to desroy man kind with the flood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast