Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BIG DECISION Burst Or Server Matrix

Hi,

I am with burst but recently what can i say :|
    Downtime and as soon as downtime stops cpanel licence gone =/

I can pick server matrix on the other hand which i think is good but the setup fee is annoying.

I ahve also heard about people having BUT arguments with server matrix please help me shall i move from burst or not?

Go with a reseller. I know vb-host.com has a few servermatrix servers with no setup (I think they have at least a $139 p4 with cpanel for no setup..maybe $149?)

The resellers accept paypal and usually don't have setup..if you go to the SM thread in offers section they list thei rresellers.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

I can get without setup just need to sell another server for that =/

Go with SM and live a long and fruitful life

Definately ServerMatrix.com

The thing that I loved about Nocster was that it's newbie-friendly... will SM be willing to take care of Kernel updates for me, like Nocster?
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

BVS @ WHT gives free setup on all servermatrix.com servers i think

servermatrix is way better network
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I wouldn't even consider BURST since all their current clients don't have cpanel right now
    Linux/CPanel/WHM Tutorials & How-Tos
    Dedicated Server Tutorials

BVS is a awesome reseller
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

<< I wouldn't even consider BURST since all their current clients don't have cpanel right now>>

Actually, that is no longer correct.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

This is a no-brainer from here. ServerMatrix all the way.

(At least they have redundant fibers going into their facility, eh)

Bailey

I have to agree with server matrix for the choice.

We have multiple servers with them and it don't see any downtime.

As for Kernel updates, they provide instructions on how to have up2date update the kernel for you. They do offer a service where they can update it for you and I believe it is free with there gold managed problem.

If you don't want down time and want excellent support on a self managed server, server matrix is the choice.

About Burst alternatives and SM

It´s possible to have 1 IP per domain? (Similar to Special 6 server with Burst).

All information I can see from SM speak about 5 IPs.

Ohter alternative with 1 domain = 1 IP?. I am searching similar of Burst Special 6 server (512 Mb. RAM, SCSI) and, now yes, with redundant lines. With REAL redundant lines, not with imaginariam.

Thank you, WebHostingTalkers.

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    BVS is a awesome reseller
    Well, I will avoid him at all cost, and his account at WHT been disabled. For those who want to know what kind of person he is, maybe the following thread will tell you some; my conclusion neglecting other, his eyes are all about money, selling more servers and disregard those who follow rules and fairness. Imagine if you are one of his customers, what is the priority of his mind between making more money and his customers satisfaction?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=241983&highlight=bvs

BVS was disabled, as he was previously banned here. BVS is Daryl D'souza of Technosys.ca - He used to have the username "Daryl" here, but he was banned for some reason. When you sign up for a new account to get around the rules, it's not smart to use your name in your email address you post "ddsouza@bestvalueserves.com", or list your email address at the domain of a previously banned user

-Josh

Originally posted by smallbox
    Well, I will avoid him at all cost, and his account at WHT been disabled. For those who want to know what kind of person he is, maybe the following thread will tell you some; my conclusion neglecting other, his eyes are all about money, selling more servers and disregard those who follow rules and fairness. Imagine if you are one of his customers, what is the priority of his mind between making more money and his customers satisfaction?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=241983&highlight=bvs

You cant beat his support. hes even helped me with getting support from sm on a server that isent even bought threw him
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Hi!

I will said go with Server Matrix with them for months and till now I'm satisfied with their network and services.

We've been with ThePlanet/ServerMatrix for a few months now and we honestly haven't had any problems at all. If you're still skeptical on who to pick as your next provider, I suggest you search the forums on those two and do a comparison for yourself .

ServerMatrix is great if you can live with slightly long ticket responses for non-critical issues. They do the important stuff first. If it's REALLY important call them on the phone and say NO when they ask you if you'll hold. They'll listen.

Nocster was great too, and their support was very very good, but then again, last November was a disaster in terms of uptime. I no longer have any Nocster servers.

Re: About Burst alternatives and SM

Originally posted by ARKAIT
    It´s possible to have 1 IP per domain? (Similar to Special 6 server with Burst).

All information I can see from SM speak about 5 IPs.

Ohter alternative with 1 domain = 1 IP?. I am searching similar of Burst Special 6 server (512 Mb. RAM, SCSI) and, now yes, with redundant lines. With REAL redundant lines, not with imaginariam.

Thank you, WebHostingTalkers.
    I don't know about burst, but with SM you can have 1 IP per domain. The cost for IP's over the first 5 is $1 per IP and well worth it just for the great support.

Re: About Burst alternatives and SM

Originally posted by ARKAIT
    Its possible to have 1 IP per domain?
    Yes, one can order as much IPs as you need and assign them via WHM. Note that when ordering afterwards, setup may also apply. So make sure you order the exact number of IPs when you sign up for the server.

Just for those that don't use WHM and cPanel, you can get IP's no matter what control panel you choose if any or what OS you choose.

I would recommend Nocster as a host. This past weekend was a little rough, but that was the only event I have experienced in six months of service with them that caused any angst.

For the price, you cannot beat the service and product of Nocster. Let's face it, this is a commodity business.

The Planet Rocks! Awesome Bandwidth, Just an awesome network that brings a tear of joy to my eye

Regards.
    GNAX Truly Fully Managed Dedicated Servers for the price of Unmanaged!
    irc.rizon.net #GNACORP
    http://www.gnacorp.net coming soon

I looked at nocster prior to choosing server matrix and found server matrix had a better price with just as good of options.

After making that decision I have never found there support lacking.

I don't consider our servers a "commodity". They are crucial for our business and our reputation.

For this reason when moving to a new company I bring up 1 server with them and test.

My other issue with Nocster was the extra fees for Operating systems.

All of these have to be taken into account. Nocster maybe a good host, and there prices don't look to bad up front. I haven't delved yet, because I haven't needed to.

An idea of this is a company I found offering high end athlon servers for $49.95. Great price and I'm an AMD fan. After research though I discovered that you get 2 trouble tickets per month then they charge $25. They charge for any OS (it isn't included) and the install. The list goes on. I've discovered others like this.

Well, now that I've divergered, my point is to take all the recommendations you hear here, do your homework. Then, when you find one you like, bring up a server with them and see how they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast