Talking Dave Chappelle Show

What do you guys think of this show? It's getting to be one of my all time favorite comedy shows now. I think it's by far one of the MOST creative shows on TV now. Clayton Bigsby, the black white supremacist, etc - I dont know how he comes up with this stuff...

I'm Rick James bitch!

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

:-D

"I'm Rick James! Enjoy yo-selves."

The funniest comedy so far
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

speedy, that one was definitely very funny. I have to say it's my favorite next to Family Guy.

"Yep, that's Paris Hilton alright." *zips fly*
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

What'd the 5 fingers say to the face?

SLAP!

Chappelle Show is definately one of my favorites

But then again I watch ComedyCentral more than any other station..I don't know what I'd do without it!
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

Great show, I watch every week... Usually end up watching it again when it reruns...
    Richard W. Kelly
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello ! 1-888-88-HELLO
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloDNS.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloSSL.com | HelloPay.us | eHello.net |

It can be funny. Lets make a show with a white guy, that makes fun of black people like he makes fun of white people. See what kind of hell would rain then..

**** yo couch nigga! buy a new one ya rich motha ****a!
    Turbo Productions Portfolio:
    http://www.turboproductions.net

I wish I had more hands... so I could give them titties 4 thumbs down.

We held him down...

and we wailed on his legs..

ahhh! you darkness... you black ...midnight evil motha ****a.... black magic... darkness... you raw... darkness.. you ...uh... you delerious motha ****a....

AHH!... you as cold as ice..

Originally posted by p[]
    It can be funny. Lets make a show with a white guy, that makes fun of black people like he makes fun of white people. See what kind of hell would rain then..
    Isn't that the truth.

If you want real comedy that makes fun of EVERYONE watch "The Family Guy" :')
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Great show, gotta love it.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

I watch family guy as well whenever I can. While Dave makes fun of white culture a lot, he makes fun of other things as well. If you watch it regularly you'll see that this is true. For example the sketch where *Tron* says he just 'bought this baby straight cash'. Also, did you see the race draft episode? It's creative comedy.

Originally posted by p[]

See, white comedians can do what Chapelle is doing. Ever watch BET's Comicview? White comedians are on there alot and say things about blacks and it be funny. As long as its true and funny and not in a racist manner we don't care.. atleast I don't. It makes me laugh.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Originally posted by JWise
    As long as its true and funny and not in a racist manner we don't care..
    Yep... and add to that, Chapelle makes fun of black culture as frequently as he makes fun of white culture. And, face it, there's a lot about both -- about all of us -- that deserves to be made fun of.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Like the Niggar Family

"He sure is one lazy Niggar!"
    "We're rich, but they're Niggar Rich!"
    "Good morning, Niggars. This is my favorite family to deliver milk to, the Niggars."
    "I'll bet you'll get the finest table a Niggar ever got in this restaurant."

Okay . .I'll stop now lol
    Perl
    Java
    SQL

Only saw the commercials when we were in the US recently, but the Samuel Jackson beer one made me howl!

"Mmm-mmm b*tch!"
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

Seems I'm the only guy here who thinks that show's the biggest piece of BS on TV. Seen a few ads for it and 5 minutes of one show, and couldn't even raise a smile at what I saw.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by KIAHost
    Isn't that the truth.

Family Guy forever!

Originally posted by akashik
    Seems I'm the only guy here who thinks that show's the biggest piece of BS on TV. Seen a few ads for it and 5 minutes of one show, and couldn't even raise a smile at what I saw.
    To each his own Everyone has different tastes therefore not everyone is going to like his show. It's the way I see Martin Lawrence - I do not find him funny at all. His show is horrible and so are his movies because of his over the top acting but many people are big fans of Martin...

I don't like him either.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I think the greatest part of the race draft was when Tiger Woods said For Shizzle...

As for Saluel Jackson beer - Mmmmm - MMmmmm Bitch
    Richard W. Kelly
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello ! 1-888-88-HELLO
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloDNS.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloSSL.com | HelloPay.us | eHello.net |

Yall don't find Martin funny?????

Family Guy and Dave Chappell....not funny. Different, yes....funny, no.

The Simpsons, Futurama and The Tick (the live version, before it was cancelled)...funny stuff.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by AffordableHost

The Simpsons, Futurama and The Tick (the live version, before it was cancelled)...funny stuff.
    Simpsons has lost its touch...and Futurama is cancelled along with The Tick.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

heh. Just like I said people have different tastes. In all the episodes Martin has made, and all the movies he's been in, I have not found even a SINGLE LINE of his *comedy* to be funny. Mostly he's over the top. But that's just MY OPINION. Obviously others will find him funny. I also find family guy, simpsons,etc funny. I caught futurama last night and it seemed very dumb, just the way I remembered it, again just my opinion. Dave Chappelle makes fun of many things- black culture, white culture, political system, health care system, rappers/musicians, and then also has some of the *dumber* sketches. People are gonna disagree...

Family Guy = Funny
    Martin = Funny
    Dave Chapelle = Funny
    Simpsons = Funny
    Futurama = Semi-Funny

yea its my taste, but I have good taste

But oh well

Redballs! Cocaine in a can baby!

("I could get some money for this")
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

I think Martin Lawrence is a good/funny actor. But I hate him as a person. He laughs about (Seriously) hitting his kids in the face with belt buckles, and punching them quick so other people won't notice. He has anger issues (which he's been brought into court over) and hes just a degenerate in general. And whoever said dave chapelle makes fun of other cultures just as much as white culture is full of it. atleast 75% of the show is just about making fun of white people. And trust me, the white comedians that go on BET and make fun of black people do nothing like chapelle does. It's very different. If white people put on a show EXACTLY like chapelles, just reversing the race jokes, it would be never even make it to a pilot episode.

Some of you might agree with me, but say, "Well that's only because we've abused blacks with slavery and such in the past, so they have a right to be more sensitive about racial jokes towards them then us." Now, I am ALL against slavery, however, let's not forget who SOLD us the slaves. White people were not the first race to put african americans in slavery. PLENTY of europeans/caucasians were in slavery at the time when blacks were. And by who? Black african slave traders!

^^ Don't misjudge my comments. I hate slavery, and anyone who is racist. I'm just tired of have black people always tell me how white people are the source reason there ancestors were abused and shackled.

Seems like you're turning the subject into something different altogether. I AM one of the peope who said Dave makes fun of other cultures besides white culture and no I am NOT full of it. It's obvious you don't regularly watch the show if you feel this way. He had almost 2 full episodes dedicated to making fun of Rick James. Did you happen to miss that or igore it?

Well, I hate to bring you back to reality, but thats just the way life is. Can't change that you know.

If the white comedian is known well by the black community he can do that.. If hes not, then theres a problem..

I think anyone who takes jokes too seriously needs help. If you let someone on TV easily offend you, then I wonder how you carry out your day to day life.

No comedian is going to sit down and write 5 jokes about each race just to make another one happy... If he offends you, then he just does.. I think he cares less.

And.. Like I said.. If a comedia isn't black that comedian can't start a show like Chapelle unless hes known and liked in the black community. Or vice versa for any other races.. Im using Black, because I am black.

Originally posted by KIAHost
    Isn't that the truth.

"If only I could harness the size of that leviathan.. OH MY GOD! THERE'S AN ORGY IN MY MOUTH!"

Agreed

WHAT!? YEA! OK!

Both are great shows.
    Last edited by ThePrimeHost; 03-04-2004 at 10:37 AM.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support