Disappointed -- gladhost.com elkhost.com

hi guys,

I was searching for a reliable hosting service, and happened to find out about the offer of gladhost.com elkhost.com (they're owned by the same group/individual). I am telling you, they're no good.

Their packages seem to be great; however, their website design seems to be so amatuer. They had mitmached info from one page to another. On one page says they offer unlimited number of mysql databases, on the other they offer different numbers for each package. I had to post a message to let them know that.

Since i had doubt about them, i thought i should give them a call to see how great their support was. The kiddo answered the phone seemed not to be one of their staff (in their forum, there were 4 staff and 3 were girls) I asked him if this is Gladhost.com hosting service, and he replied "Gladhost.com???" as if he didn't know it; he was mumbling for awhile and asked me "May I take your message?"

Oh boy! the phone called really turned me off about their service.
    This makes me think this host is run by a kiddo All the staff with girl's names seem to be so faking

They have their own forums, and i had posted this matter in their forums, and I got banned for it

Well guys, if Gladhost.com is really a good service with many staff as it seemed to be, how come they didn't respond to my post and deal with the fact but banned me from their forums.

I am glad I got banned - they just help me eliminate one of many kiddo's hosting services out there.
    Last edited by HNguyen; 03-01-2004 at 06:57 PM.

Re: Disappointed -- gladhost.com elkhost.com

Originally posted by HNguyen
    hi guys,

I was searching for a reliable hosting service, and happened to find out about the offer of gladhost.com elkhost.com (they're owned by the same group/individual). I am telling you, they're no good.

Their packages seem to be great; however, their website design seems to be so amatuer. They had mitmached info from one page to another. On one page says they offer unlimited number of mysql databases, on the other they offer different numbers for each package. I had to post a message to let them know that.

Since i had doubt about them, i thought i should give them a call to see how great their support was. The kiddo answered the phone seemed not to be one of their staff (in their forum, there were 4 staff and 3 were girls) I asked him if this is Gladhost.com hosting service, and he replied "Gladhost.com???" as if he didn't know it; he was mumbling for awhile and asked me "May I take your message?"

Oh boy! the phone called really turned me off about their service.
    This makes me think this host is run by a kiddo All the staff with girl's names seem to be so faking

They have their own forums, and i had posted this matter in their forums, and I got banned for it

Well guys, if Gladhost.com is really a good service with many staff as it seemed to be, how come they didn't respond to my post and deal with the fact but banned me from their forums.

I am glad I got banned - they just help me eliminate one of many kiddo's hosting services out there.
    Hi,

You are being banned because you made inappropriate posts on our forum.

Thank you and sorry we wasted your time,
    April Nguyen
    Gladhost.com
    Fantastico, Cpanel and Linux Hosting.
    We specialize in website moving, so if you want to move to us we will help you move like a mover.
    Confucius says, "spend your money wisely, sign up with Gladhost.com."

It was NOT inappropriate. I just stated what happened, and you are afraid to loose customers!

Why don't you explain about the kid answering the phone and know nothing about your own service, heh?

I am not wasting my time, April! I have saved myself and many others lots of time

What a good customer service?!?!?

We have no dissatisfied customers

It was NOT inappropriate. I just stated what happened, and you are afraid to loose customers!
    Hi,

We have no dissatisfied cusomers at Gladhost.com. You have not used our services so please don't be so harsh and judge the book by its cover.

Take care,
    April Nguyen
    Gladhost.com
    We specialize in website moving, so if you want to move to us we will help you move like a mover.

I have used your service as I called your phone and the kid answered -- Don't you think so?

Since you are new into this business, you should take complains from people as a way of improving your own business.

I don't want to sound like the Nguyen Fuel

I have used your service as I called your phone and the kid answered -- Don't you think so?
    Hi,

I don't want to have the "Nguyen Duo" in this forum. I know what your intention is and please leave us alone.

Take care,
    April Nguyen
    Gladhost.com

My intentions are to help others choose a right service and to help another "Nguyen" do it right

I'm so ready to go into the Web host customer service boot camp business!!!

HNguyen.

are you the competence?

i think this a personal problem !!
    but i dont have any idea abouth your relations is boring

inkaloko,

No, as i said before i was looking for a good hosting service to subscribe to. My nickname is just a nick.

anyway, I should not write more. It's started to be boring

they are good and have fast server ... so far i am happy
    i am with them....
    but today i have the first problem, their server seem down, and my website too ... emailed them, and no response, i think their email is down too ...

A lot of hosting businesses are run by kids, this doesn't make them any bad, as some businesses run by kids, could be better then businesses run by adults, but I think Gladhost.com should explain why a kid picked up the phone and didn't know what GladHost.com was.

inkaloko,

No, as i said before i was looking for a good hosting service to subscribe to. My nickname is just a nick.

anyway, I should not write more. It's started to be boring
    Thanks.

The server was up. If you still cannot access your site then please check your ISP.

April

Regarding the telephone:

That day my cousin's son came over and accidentally picked up the phone. He realized the mistake and was really sorry.

April
    Last edited by Gladhost; 03-17-2004 at 09:42 PM.
    Gladhost.com

Sorry my cousin's son came over

Originally posted by AlainG3
    they are good and have fast server ... so far i am happy
    i am with them....
    but today i have the first problem, their server seem down, and my website too ... emailed them, and no response, i think their email is down too ...
    That day my cousin's son came over and accidentally picked up the phone. He realized the mistake and was really sorry.

April
    Gladhost.com

ok, I just visited gladhost today to check them out. I agree with HNguyen that their web design is a little bit amateur; I meant they put too much stuff in their homepage. They have a few people running the site; I think by either their family members or friends. So don't expect a 1-800 customer service support number. They probably use their home phone for customer support. You got to be out of your mind to call their number and expect excellent service. Just look at the plans they offer. Their prices are ridiculously low! Go and see for yourself and you know what I'm talking about. Their Cheapest plan is $4.95/year and Student plan is $ 20.00/year. I wonder if they even make money at all or at least make enough to pay for their phone bill. Mr. HNguyen, I think that you are lucky to even have a number to call. I haven't called them yet; don't want to pay the long distance fee. Anyway, their prices are very low. It's very tempting to sign up with them. I went to their forum and they have a clients' testimonials section. I don't see any negative feedback from their customers but then there are only like 6 or 7 users posted up in there. So I want to hear more from their customers before making any decision. And one more thing, they don't allow adult sites; that's a big plus for them.

Thank you

Originally posted by mikeway
    ok, I just visited gladhost today to check them out. I agree with HNguyen that their web design is a little bit amateur; I meant they put too much stuff in their homepage. They have a few people running the site; I think by either their family members or friends. So don't expect a 1-800 customer service support number. They probably use their home phone for customer support. You got to be out of your mind to call their number and expect excellent service. Just look at the plans they offer. Their prices are ridiculously low! Go and see for yourself and you know what I'm talking about. Their Cheapest plan is $4.95/year and Student plan is $ 20.00/year. I wonder if they even make money at all or at least make enough to pay for their phone bill. Mr. HNguyen, I think that you are lucky to even have a number to call. I haven't called them yet; don't want to pay the long distance fee. Anyway, their prices are very low. It's very tempting to sign up with them. I went to their forum and they have a clients' testimonials section. I don't see any negative feedback from their customers but then there are only like 6 or 7 users posted up in there. So I want to hear more from their customers before making any decision. And one more thing, they don't allow adult sites; that's a big plus for them.
    Thank you for your honest assessment. We make enough money to pay for the phone bill.

Thanks
    Gladhost.com

Also, please call us and we will talk to you. We will give you customer support you will remember for the rest of your life.

No, we do not allow adult sites. No no no. Absolutely not, sir.

Thank you
    Last edited by Gladhost; 03-18-2004 at 05:02 AM.
    Gladhost.com