Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Ripped Off by a newbie

Okey... anyone knows about the templates, etc.
    also, a lot of people use this as an excuse to make complete website rip-offs ....

here's an example :
    http://solidhosts.net

not only the template is the same (I have no problem with this) but the plan images, the server images, the small icons, the TEXT also!!! etc. is our website.

I can't believe people doing this ...
    why they dont just buy the template and use it as it, or do their own modified version instead of using OUR version?

I hate this...
    (it's not the fist one doing this...)
    CAS Networks SL | Businesss Solutions Provider
    -> www.cascompany.com, IT Related B2B since 1997.
    -> Premium Dedicated Servers & Private Reseller Accounts
    -> Certified Solutions Architect - Proven System Administrator - DevOps Enthusiast

hi

It's a template monster template.

I know
    but this site used our version (modified) of the template.
    our images, and our text

see what I mean when I say they "hide" behind templates to do ripoffs...

that sux.
    -> Certified Solutions Architect - Proven System Administrator - DevOps Enthusiast

Yes, But can't do any think for that? About copyright?

Look at the flash intro

Well... we're waiting for a positive reply of the kid doing this... (I mean, to have the guy remove that site)
    And yes, we have the images copyrighted, we have screenshots, etc. of the actual website to use later if we need any legal action or so... but dang... I just hate people doing this, that's why I want everyone know this.

look at the plan images on the left ...
    this images are copyrighted by us, as well just look the texts on the site, the arragement of things, this is not the template, but out site.
    It's a copy ... hidden behind a template

Also template is from your site. Ex : Flash intro

damn, i was just helping that kid set up a helpdesk system i have no idea of this
    - Steve D
    SERVBoston: Hosting since 2003
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.
    Top Notch Support from a veteran hosting company!

I think I'm blind....I didn't click around the site at all - but only a small portion of the text *other than headings* and the images were the same...

Not saying it's right - but you made it sound like he completely ripped your site...

Wow, these days 13 year olds are running their own hosting biz. What happened to the lemande stands?
    - 7de5igns

Originally posted by 7de5igns
    What happened to the lemande stands?
    i think the police cracked down on lemonade stands, there was a report about it last year on CNN.com in which a 7 year old was involved lol!

Maybe at the age of 13 they move onto bigger and better things
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

Hi

Firstly I would just like to prove the companys innocence. Firstly I would like to raise the matter of where you got the idea that the company was run by 13 year olds?

Secondly this a template monster template. If you would like to go to court, I will be more then happy to as we have done nothing wrong.

Here is the link to the template:

http://www.templatemonster.com/show....&type=1&cat=21

We are just like any other hosting company and we do not want to be thrown at by false remarks. I hope people understand.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Regards,
    Last edited by Solid; 03-02-2004 at 02:36 PM.

LOL at Sash comments.

wow

Says on your ripped site that you started in 1999.

hmm
    oh here is that snip:

--------------------------
    We've been a website hosting company since 1999 and host many sites all around the world. It is our goal to provide you with incredible service and live technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our company's expertise in the web hosting industry has allowed us to create systems and offer unsurpassed technology to our customers at incredible prices, making us #1 website hosting company on the net!

--------------------------
    end snip

Domain Name: SOLIDHOSTS.NET
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: NS1.SOLIDHOSTS.NET
    Name Server: NS2.SOLIDHOSTS.NET
    Updated Date: 20-feb-2004
    Creation Date: 18-feb-2004
    Expiration Date: 18-feb-2005

Seems all too funny to me.

These template monster sites / start up 13 yr old hosting companies make me sick.
    Rich DiFolco
    CEO USA Linked, LLC
    www.usalinked.com

Hi

Yet again I would like to someone to explain why you go the impression the site is run by 13 year olds?

Secondly we have been the web hosting business since 1999 but have recently opened up under a new name. May I ask if it a crime to do that?

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

We are as I mentioned above only trying to prove our innocence as we feel we are not in the wrong.

Regards,

Nicely Said usalinked
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Originally posted by Solid
    Hi

Firstly I would just like to prove the companys innocence. Firstly I would like to raise the matter of where you got the idea that the company was run by 13 year olds?

Secondly this a template monster template. If you would like to go to court, I will be more then happy to as we have done nothing wrong.

Here is the link to the template:

http://www.templatemonster.com/show....&type=1&cat=21

We are just like any other hosting company and we do not want to be thrown at by false remarks. I hope people understand.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Regards,
    I try and stay out of these petty arguments, but I have just one question for you.

If you didn't rip his site, why did you modify your website and remove the images that were also on www.cascompany.com?

I realize that you both have the same template, but YOU also had the same modifications that were on www.cascompany.com.

Re: wow

Originally posted by usalinked
    Seems all too funny to me.....These template monster sites / start up 13 yr old hosting companies make me sick.
    Either you got ripped-off or you're a rip-off artist yourself!

I couldn't believe how many hosting sites use this paragraph:

Whether you're just starting and looking for a simple web presence or you're an advanced website developer looking to integrate e-commerce and databases into your site, you'll find that we have the services, tools and staff to help you every step of the way.
    Wow!

And before you start thinking that it's funny to declare a 1999 founding and a 2004 domain, your domain was registered on 2000 while you claim on your site that you started in 1998.

Of course you have a good excuse for this. I know that. But why do you think that SolidHosts doesn't?

I also like the selling point of 24/7 tech support, when at noon on a tuesday(bear in mind this isnt christmas eve or anything special) live support is no where to be seen.....give it up solid
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Hi

I would to confirm that we did not rip the template and you can contact TemplateMontser.com to confirm that. Secondly after we recieved we ourselves edited it but then one of our hostees sent us those four images to add to our front page and I accepted.

It was not until cascocompany sent me an email did I realise that the pictures were taken from www.cascompany.com. That is why I co operated and took off the images as soon as I could.

But we did not rip www.cascompany.com and I will firmly stand by that.

Regards,

welp

i don't like 13 year old site's either, is that a buisness man or a buisness baby?

But i don't mind templates despite the on-going debate, i personally love the fact that somone can take nothing and make it into something, thats the point, if your a well established company and can afford a design by all means go for it, its more professional. But i think its great that you can take a little amount of money (but perhaps a lot of knowledge) apply them correctly and turn somthing into a respectable, well established buisness.

By the time you order a server (and sometimes software to fill it up with) by some sort of helpdesk system, a livehelp system, tutorials and whatever else you decide a person to make available on your site, there may not be that much money left over for design, may'be you only got $150 left that can put into your buisness before its launched and making you money, well a template is for you.

Just my 2 cents lets not go overboard with this.
    - Steve D
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.

Re: welp

Originally posted by Hades

But i don't mind templates despite the on-going debate, i personally love the fact that somone can take nothing and make it into something, thats the point, if your a well established company and can afford a design by all means go for it, its more professional. But i think its great that you can take a little amount of money (but perhaps a lot of knowledge) apply them correctly and turn somthing into a respectable, well established buisness.
    Templates are ok, but when there are like 10 or 15 other companies using the same template it gets a bit redundant.

The template that we're talking about in this thread, I know I've seen it on at least 5 other websites. I know Template Monster is in the business of making money, but I think after so many sales they should stop selling that template.

your 100% right, if i vauge let me be more clear, templates are for you as in your budget criteria.

But when you go to a site like templatemonster take your time, if possible look for a new template that perhaps has not be around the net like a hooker around the block, everyones seen it and done it!

Opps what was the topic?

Anyway and if you finally come to a template decision.......DO NOT i repeat DO NOT use it stock, edit it, mess with it and even delete some of it, do anything you can to peronalise it, heck take that stupid flash intro that all templates have now-a-days and just put a very professional clear header image that probably won't make people turn the other way.

Even if you buy a template and still pay someone to peronalize it for you, your still saving money in long run, just because you pay for a template that does not mean its one of a kind, would you go to some free site you googled for and use on of their templates?

No, but you shell out $100 and you think you got something custom, this is never the case.
    - Steve D
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.

Hi

boeki in regards to your question you will find some answers at this thread as I have answered the same questions several times:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Also regarding the question about 24/7 support. If you had checked the contact us page and had msn, ICQ or AIM and had added you would have realised that we are online as close to 24/7 as possible. Also if you emailed us you would have also got a reply when you checked at noon.

Also as a hosting company we tend to focus our efforts on the quality of our hosting and support.

Also Im asking yet again why is the company accused of being run by a 13 year old time and time again with no proof at all.

I hope many people understand how we are feeling being falsely accused. Please correct me if I am wrong but this thread seems to be going no where.

Regards,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast