Help with IIS server read/write permission w/Ensim

Hello all.

I have a problem..

I have a windows bit of space for testing Perl scripts and I am getting mad at a thing that doesn't make sense. I am getting frustrated as with Linux it is just a matter of chmod and off you go but not with windows!?

Here goes:

I have a Perl script that writes a configuration file to make a Perl program work. The scripts are located under \inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\ and the program, seems to work alright. Now I don't know what I did because it used to work (I was able to write into the perl config file for a while) but I haven't been able to figure out why now it doesn't work anymore.

I have tried everything that I could with the Ensim (3.6) Control Palnel:-

I went to the Web server cofiguration and set the permission on IIS server to both read and write to no avail! I went into the file manager and set the permission of both the Scripts dir and the file to be edited to read/write to no avail!??

I even tried to uplad the scripts to another folder, remove the files in Scripts and re-upload them again etc..

I have ran out of ideas! Anyone out there can give me some help about this. I really am going OTT!!

Thank you very much for any help!

Seems sorted

Had a BFO during the night. the path of the edited file must be absolute. (i.e. ./ as path does not work) it must be the full path /.../Inetpub/wwwroot/.. etc.

Bl**dy windows! making things easy eh!