Question What do you think of my new design?

I have recently changed the design of bubhost.com what do you think of the site not? Any suggestions? Also can you give me any tips on how to get more customers? Thanks!

So far the navigation is easy, the content is obvious, I think it just needs better design layout. I like the colors you used though.

I really like the header - you should contrast the navigation buttons out more. Your frames (1px lines) should be continuous, and the bottom of the site looks too amateur when contrasted to the header.

Good luck!

Thats a template! (it better be, otherwise its a very stupid rip.)

In general I'm against overused templates. but that just me.

(is this a rip??? some of the graphics are bad, like they have been poorly edited. If I'm wrong then sorry...)
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I'm seeing a lot of gaps between the graphic elements. And breaks in the borders too.

Those two big buttons at the bottom for Host Index is trashing up the look of your footer.

For your plans descriptions, you need to remove the links from all those badly scaled down arrow buttons. I repeat, badly scaled down. If you can't find a better (properly sized) graphic, just use a regular bulleted list. There's too many of those arrow buttons anyway.

In addtion, the More Info and Order links are not aligned with each other. They're spread all over. Since all of them just go to the same two pages, why not just use them once. Ditto with the same plan features that your are now listing repetitively. Trim the fat and cut to the chase. A consise web site is better tha a long winded one.

In your Plans Comparison page, it could really be done better. The features column is way too wide. Shrink it and give the other columns some more elbow room. You also did not include any Order Now buttons or links. This is where the final decision is going to be made. Make it easy to get to the Order page.
    Last edited by serialbeggar; 03-01-2004 at 10:25 PM.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

I'm starting to think its a rip... please say it ain't so.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.

ok, I have fixed up the site according to the comments that were given above. I removed the badly scaled down arrows and replaced them with bullets. I also removed those arrows from the top of the page and replaced them with those funny double arrow symbols. I also aligned the more info and order buttons. I tried using only one set of those buttons like serialbegger said, but it didn't look very good. On the plans page I shrunk the features colomn and gave the others some room. I also got rid of those hostindex pictures from the index page. Any more suggestions? Is the site looking better?

webmasterworld, what you say you think it is a rip, does that mean you think I maybe copied another site? Well I can tell you it isn't a rip, I found it as a template on one of the free template sites. It was originally designed to be an affiliate site template, but I heavily modded it to suit me a hosting website (that explains those badly scaled down arrow buttons). It looks pretty differnt from the original template so it is fairly unique in my mind.

webmasterworld can you clarify what you mean, thanks!

The bullets maket the site look a lot less busy now.

On my second look, I notice that the background image is repeating. That's why there are those stray grey shadow lines every now and then. You may want to trim some more to keep within the size of the background image.

For example, if you get rid of that "Cheap Hosting from 70 cents" heading, you might get most of that section to fit.

Plus it looks like the blue More Info and red Order lines are showing backgrounds too. Maybe the table cell has the wrong height?
    Serial Beggar

yeah, those shadow images are annoying. I have tried many different things to fix it up but nothing works! The only way is to either remove the shadows all together (which looks ugly) or to manually make a differnt shadow image on each page (which would take ages) . Does anyone know how to make the image in the cell only repeat itself once? That would fix the problem, i think! Keep the comments coming!

Sorry, thought it was a rip.
    I just saw the template before... I guess if its a free template and you have rights to change/use it, then its fine.

sorry again.
    looking better... keep at it.

Best,
    Eugene.

RE:

Clean design, but all of the "white" is maddening...

first I made my site all blue....and no one liked it and everyone said make it white with black text....now I do that and people don't like it to much....arghhhh catch 22

Fix upper header, really need to change logo, fix bars. (they all have small white outline... and are a bit out of place)

some of the pics need to be rerendered better.

maybe change the BG to something other then that. a gray/white maybe will do better.

you need some help with this I think...

when u say changed the logo do you mean I should make a brand new business logo?

Well thats just my opinion.
    If it sounds harsh I'm sorry, I'm just being honset because I want to help you out.

The logo really doesn't fit your site very well.

no, doesn't sound harsh at all...just wasn't sure what you meant.....ok, I am going to make a new logo right now....and then I will get the opinion of others as to which is better. Keep the comments comming!

In your previous thread, someone mentioned with the extended "h", your logo may be read as "blub host" or "biub host". The more I look at it, the more I agree. There doesn't seem to be any reason for the extension.

What does the "bub" stand for?
    Serial Beggar

arghhh....when I look at the logo I look at it as Bub Host.....the two very different colours makes it impossible in my mind to mistake it for Blub Host.......oh well....I am going to do a new logo soon so...

um, Bub doesn't stand for anything, I was just looking for short catchy domains with host in them that werent taking and bubhost.com was available to I took it

Looks alright but the logo looks kind of plain.