Question What's meant by this?

Please I want to know what's meant by this:

24/7 Helpdesk Technical Support
    99.6% Uptime Gurantee

I read it in the webhosting offers posted by a company (as usual) but when I checked their site I found it DOWN

I contacted them through ICQ and MSN and no response at all...

since it is just words typed, why don't they write:
    48 hours/day, 14 days/week support
    200 % Uptime Gurantee

since this now became like an option that must be written anytime anywhere... why is this 99.6 %???

Hey,

There is a 70+ page about Burst being down, and I would say if they are down, they might use them for as their provider. That is very unfortunate to say the least.

The 99.6 could be based upon their specific uptime history. It is better that they list it lower then 100% because they are currently down right
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !

Hmm, that actually looks like the 'e-z-hosting.com' guarantee, that has been under intense fire this past few days, due to the downtime they experienced.

To answer your question;
    99.6%: This, as Nate said, is usually based on their history. Alternatively, it could be based on the uptime guarantee that they are given by their datacenter/upstream.
    That is the percentage that they must uphold, to be able to maintain their end of the 'bargain', that is the contract between yourself, and them. (99.6% comes in at a little under 3 hours allowed downtime, per 30 days).

24/7 Helpdesk Technical Support This usually means that their helpdesk is staffed on a 24/7 basis, thus someone is always checking it, or very close at hand. In most cases, if this is a valid claim, all tickets will be answered in a 1-12 hour timeframe, depending on the size of the company, the time of submission of ticket, and the current network status.

Simon

Originally posted by IHSL
    Hmm, that actually looks like the 'e-z-hosting.com' guarantee, that has been under intense fire this past few days, due to the downtime they experienced.
    EXACTLY... how did you know???