Price/Interest Check: Educational Site with large user base

Course Notes

This is a US History Resource Site that is used by highschools, colleges and universities nation wide. It receives over 5 mill hits per month and that number has been growing since openning in march of 2003 (we are nearing on our 1 year anniversary)

This site has been kept alive due to donations (I've received over $200 to date)

I don't really want to type out a long and detailed site description if its just going to get shot down because its an educational, non profit site.

But I'm wondering if this site has any selling potential, for either ads on a pay/month basis or the site as a whole.

Thank you in advance.

depends are these "hits" unique visitors or what? Can we see a link to the website stats(

hmmm- the ones ones I've got are in my admin page

I'll create a html file for you when I get a chance

Unique visitors

Number of visits

Pages
    (2.43 visits/visitor) 767693

Hits
    (8.63 pages/visit) 4995218

Bytes
    (56.16 hits/visit) 16.29 Gb
    (192.1 Kb/visit)

This is for month of feb alone.

There is also an active web forum.

Based on its traffic, it could fetch up to $2000-3000, but you'd be lucky to get an offer that high.

Beware that many schools won't let teachers use sites that have ads on them.
    Advanced Forum Hosting
    http://www.boardnation.com
    Easily build a community today!

What about sponsored links?

daveman, I have never known that to be the case. Teachers themselves actually email me asking for permission to use the sites content for their lesson plans.

Do you know first or second hand that this is the case? And even if it is, my target audience is students between the ages of 12 - 26 or so. (I get a ton of hits from *a lot* of campus networks)

silock - if someone offered me that - I would take it in an instant lol

General Info From Alexa

Traffic Details From Alexa

As you can see, this site is on its way up. Up 34,922 page ranks in the past 3 months. I guarantee that rate will only climb higher as the US History AP test is coming up.

Alexa rankings aren't really a good measure. You could go up at least that much by just installing the alexa toolbar on your computer and visiting the site once in a while. The only thing that matters is your visitors, don't base anything on alexa.

That being said, it's a nice site...I'm not about how much it could make but it seems like good resource.
    Last edited by jplamb; 03-01-2004 at 05:18 AM.

Ok - I've never really known anything about Alexa - I just saw other people using it in their own posts so I figured I would take a look. I haven't installed any toolbar or anything.

Here are SSs of the Stats in case anyone is interested.

Stats - December 2003

Stats - January 2004

Stats - February 2003

Stats - Year of 2003

Stats - Year of 2004

I've received a few emails/PMs about my contact info.

Here it is:

AIM - Soccercrzy
    MSN: [email protected]
    Y! Messenger: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]

Thank you,

Chris

teachers can't use sites with ads ? What country is this

it could be your particular school district

^ yah - my teachers even use this site. So I highly doubt this to be the case.

-Chris

Is there any other information you would need before you could get a ballpark range of what this site could be worth?

I've had a few offers already, but I don't feel comfortable saying yes to any of them when I'm not too sure on what the site is worth. The only price range that was given was $2000-$3000

-Chris