Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I saw that after I posted and could not edit. Too bad it's far from witty. I think someone has their rod bent out of shape about previous affairs and needs to stop dwelling on the past.

I'm not the one trying to make a large sum of money off the name, Yes I came up with NerdNation, it was registered and not in use (Still is not in use.) so I decided to use NerdNations (Plus it sounded better in my mind). If it was in use I would have never used it. It was not in use so I used it. This is not the case in this issue of TechTV, the name was in use.

Seems that you also "stole" domain name.

http://www.whois.sc/webfactory.com - Seems they also came up with the domain 3 years before yours. I'm guessing that your case is the same as mine?

http://www.whois.sc/webmasterfactory.com

I'm guessing the same with "webmaster.com" which was registered 10 years before yours.

http://whois.sc/webmaster.com
    Don't look for a way out.

NerdNations.com and NerdNation.com is a perfect example of domain closeness.

WebFactory and WebMasterFactory.com are completely different.

If you were comparing WebMasterFactory.com with WebMasterFactories.com then you would have a point but it just doesn't work like that because he had the non-plural one first.

We can sit around here throwing examples around about who stole what names and so forth or what variations of names all day, I was simply trying to make a point that your "whitty" domain name was not as whitty as you make it out to be. The name of their show is NerdNation, not NerdNations. And the version without the "s" matching the show was registered 2 years before you.

I decided to jump in and correct you because you seem to be seeking attention as if you are a victim of some big corporation. Give it a rest..

If your not out on the web trying to make money then what are you here for? If its for fun then you shouldn't worry about them "stealing" your "whitty" name that you came up with.

If you consider searching through a database of deleted domains and then registering it "stealing" well then yes, I stole webmasterfactory.com because it was expired for 5 months when i decided to re-register it.
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

But is it not the same concept? One domain was not available, so a word or letter was added? It still does not justify the fact that TechTV would take an existing websites name and make a large profit off it.

Originally posted by RDX Media
    But is it not the same concept? One domain was not available, so a word or letter was added? It still does not justify the fact that TechTV would take an existing websites name and make a large profit off it.
    Go complain to Google, Because take a look at http://www.whois.sc/adsense.com

Registered in 1997, I hate to break the news, but thats how the internet/media world works, if you can't deal with it you shouldn't be online.

You really need to grow up. It seems like ever since there was a conflict between us, you have been following me around making unacceptable statements. There only seems to be one way to fix this since you are too immature to handle conflict.

I still stand by my statement that it was unfair of them to take a unique name and make a profit off it.

Originally posted by RDX Media
    You really need to grow up. It seems like ever since there was a conflict between us, you have been following me around making unacceptable statements. There only seems to be one way to fix this since you are too immature to handle conflict.

I still stand by my statement that it was unfair of them to take a unique name and make a profit off it.
    Is that your best defense when you know I am right? Oh grow up.. I'm not the one whining about someone stealing a name when you don't even know all the facts. You post a message, saying some big company stole your whitty name and you want sympathy for it.

I could see if they were sueing you or trying to get your domain, but they aren't. And don't flatter yourself, I didn't get 900+ posts correcting you..

Come on, guys, take it easy. Don't want to see any of you being punished for something small like this. Move on, smile, shake hands.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Don't worry Artashes. I have a feeling we won't be "arguing" any longer.

I never knew we were even arguing.

Personally, I don't think they stole it. To tell the truth, a while ago when me and my brother was thinking of a site to start dealing with computers and stuff, we thought of something like nerdnation. To tell the truth, I think when your talking about computers thats the first thing to come to head.

Their a big company. They seen the name wasn't trademarked and decided to go with it. It happens

And, since you want no money for it. How about you donate it to me and i'll sell it to them
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12