Cobalt RAQ 4 and PHP 4.3.4

Hi all, I need a pkg for the newest php with all the normal config options. I need to make sure IMAP is configured in as well as the following two:

--enable-sockets --with-curlwrappers

Anyone have this package?

FL, USA
    Search for this as it was recently posted -- you may have to build from scratch to get those options.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

Hi there,

Did a search and found everything but sockets.

I tried to do it myself, but I can not able to get imap to work with it.. Unfortunatly, I really need it.

Thanks for the reply.

IMAP doesnt seem to work correctly anytime i try todo a rebuild of PHP ... So i've always just bi-passed it...

What error message does php give you when you try to build with imap support?

Here is the configure error:

checking whether IMAP works... no
    configure: error: build test failed. Please check the config.log for details.

Here is the last few lines of config.log

configure:40552: checking whether IMAP works
    configure:40585: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -L/usr/lib -ldb-3.0 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib $
    /usr/lib/libc-client.a(mail.o): In function `mm_cache':
    /home/redhat/BUILD/imap-2002d/c-client/mail.c:203: undefined reference to `__canary_death_handler'
    /usr/lib/libc-client.a(mail.o): In function `mail_parameters':
    /home/redhat/BUILD/imap-2002d/c-client/mail.c:529: undefined reference to `__canary_death_handler'
    /usr/lib/libc-client.a(mail.o): In function `mail_valid':
    /home/redhat/BUILD/imap-2002d/c-client/mail.c:568: undefined reference to `__canary_death_handler'
    /usr/lib/libc-client.a(mail.o): In function `mail_valid_net':
    /home/redhat/BUILD/imap-2002d/c-client/mail.c:586: undefined reference to `__canary_death_handler'
    /usr/lib/libc-client.a(mail.o): In function `mail_valid_net_parse_work':
    /home/redhat/BUILD/imap-2002d/c-client/mail.c:709: undefined reference to `__canary_death_handler'
    /usr/lib/libc-client.a(mail.o):/home/redhat/BUILD/imap-2002d/c-client/mail.c:745: more undefined referenc$
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    configure: failed program was:
    #line 40560 "configure"
    #include "confdefs.h"

Is IMAP running on your machine? have you tested it?

I am running it now, I use it heavily.

you can get a free php 4.3.4 pkg for raq4 from our page

just be sure to have php 4.1.2 from pkgmaster installed before installing our version from

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently running that one. It does not have the following:

--enable-sockets --with-curlwrappers

I really need the sockets.

raqsoft, is your PHP PKG compiled with --with-jpeg-dir?

It is built against the same libraries used in the former package so only contains the PHP RPM. It does NOT upgrade any dependant libraries and it does NOT contain the CLI sapi, support for IMAP, or support for Interbase databases.

btw: just added a HOW TO for adding RBL blocking on a raq550 on our page

London, UK
    I had a similar problem

I found a package that updated imap here;

Rob Johnston | | [email protected]
    Who is Rob?
    MSN: [email protected] | AIM: rob at lucid