"HostPromoter" Curious about them.

I searched the forum, however only threads advertising the service from "HostPromoter" Really popped up. Has anyone used these guys? I, along with my staff, have always just submitted our plans manually, and it takes days. Anyone have any opinions on how legitimate it is that they submit it to 100 directories for $49? Anyone have experience with them?
      0 Not allowed!

Ive never used them, and as far as i can see, majiorty of those sites they list, you can apply yourself at no, or very low cost. I would save the $49, and go in the key places. Might be good to have your name in 100 directories, but its useless if it does nothing for you. Try Google, Amazon,Yahoo,MSN Zone, GameSpy, if you got a budget, im sure you will triple your sales 200% using them, i used 4 o
    RackRhino Server Locations: MO, MI, NY, FL, UK
    Shared, Dedicated, Managed & Reseller.
      0 Not allowed!

Not sure what google, gamespy, and msn have to do with listing your plans at hosting directories.. And it's not a matter of money to submit your plans to hosting directories, just time. I would gladly pay $49 to save the immense time of doing that. You do get sales every once in a while from hosting directories that your listed on, so it certainly wouldn't be pointless.

P.S. Not sure what you mean, or how you figure advertising on those sites you listed would "tripple my sales 200%" Not trying to be rude, just don't know how ya figure. If you know something I don't feel free to let me in on it Whether it would tripple my sales, OR double them
      0 Not allowed!

Its the new math
      0 Not allowed!

What i suggested with GameSpy ect, to advertise at. Contact them for advertisment services, and if you want to be lazy and clumsey enough to think so thats your problem. When i used GameSpy and MSN Zone i received over 40 new signups witin 2 weeks, i dont know why its a bad move when 100,000's of people goto those sites everyday, but hey if your business is only worth 50$ to you, thats you.

Well Goodluck
    RackRhino Server Locations: MO, MI, NY, FL, UK
    Shared, Dedicated, Managed & Reseller.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JNadolski
    What i suggested with GameSpy ect, to advertise at. Contact them for advertisment services, and if you want to be lazy and clumsey enough to think so thats your problem. When i used GameSpy and MSN Zone i received over 40 new signups witin 2 weeks, i dont know why its a bad move when 100,000's of people goto those sites everyday, but hey if your business is only worth 50$ to you, thats you.

Well Goodluck
    I wasn't condeming you for anything you said. I was genuinely curious about what reasoning you had behind advertising a web hosting site, on gaming web sites. I'm sure you would hit some of the target market, I just wouldn't imagine very much.. Anyway, take it easy, I wasn't saying your an idiot or anything.

Although, now that you've said that, I have to ask, when you say "Lazy enough and clumsey enough to think so that's your problem"... Um, Think what? Heh.. I don't know what your talking about, are you sure you do? Also, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion my business is only worth 50 bucks to me.. That's just, kind of out there. I didn't say "I have 50 bucks to spend, where should I spend it?"

Hah, ANYWAY, all I was asking is if anyone had any opinions on this company. I guess not Ohwell, I think I'll give em a try since it's only 50 dollars, hopefully they'll come through with what they promise
      0 Not allowed!

7. Spelling error on Invision-media.net
    "If your a current Reseller Providor"
    should be
    "If your a current Reseller Provider"
    It is always a good practice to run spell check before you launch your site.

Anyway nice icons you got there in the included software package.

Anyway back to the topic,
    Registering and submitting plans is a mojor P.I.T.A.
    So I think $50 bucks is worth it if hosting directories can help you gain some traffic.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-02-2004 at 04:32 AM.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Spelling error on Invision-media.net
    "If your a current Reseller Providor"
    should be
    "If your a current Reseller Provider"
    Spell checker wont help your grammar, your correction fails to notice the grammar mistake he made, can you see it?

Amazes me the amount of people that don't know the difference between

your
    you're

I would never purchase anything from a website that made a single mistake like this.

0 Not allowed!

For Americans, "your" is "you're"

But the actually correct form is "you are".
      0 Not allowed!

10. Says who?
    Let me talk to your English teacher!

And yeah I can't believe I missed the 'your'

And JNadolski, the company headquarter link is broken.
    And it is a good idea to make the Flash load once instead of loading on every single page.
    Work on that site buddy!

Anyway I think I seen that template somewhere.
    Where dya get them from?

Originally posted by Subhadip
    For Americans, "your" is "you're"
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I don't have an English teacher.

I am pretty certain that "your" is for Americans is what "you're is for us.

And a better way of saying that is "you are".

Any problems in that?
      0 Not allowed!

Subhadip said...
    Whose us?
      0 Not allowed!

Most of the rest of the world? Take England, for example.
      0 Not allowed!

ENOUGH

Lets show everyone how immature both of you are. I am glad your signatures hold your company info. Hopefully no one does business with owners of this maturity level.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.
    Rich DiFolco
    CEO USA Linked, LLC
    www.usalinked.com
      0 Not allowed!

Lets show everyone how immature both of you are.
    One has to wonder whom it is your referring to when you make remarks of such vulgar nature.

If your remarks were directed towards me, I take offense.
    I was truly interested in whom the poster was referring with the comment about "us".

And from what I can tell, the group that was being referred to, uses the word "your" as "you are". Seeing as I have an interest in how words are used I thought I might ask.

And (since nobody asked) my spelling of "whose" instead of "who's" was a joke. Ha Ha. Kind of like a "who's on first" skit.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Subhadip
    Only for Americans who don't know proper grammar.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: ENOUGH

Originally posted by usalinked
    Lets show everyone how immature both of you are. I am glad your signatures hold your company info. Hopefully no one does business with owners of this maturity level.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.
    Sounds about right.

*closes*
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!