Liquid web or servermatrix?

I am one of the burst.net customers switching to a new provider. Which one will you recommend liquid web or servermatrix.

Who offers a better service. What I am looking for the most is the network quality. So which has a better network?

thanks for the advice.

Liquid Web hands down no contest

I'd go for SM. LiquidWeb has a single-homed OC-3 connection to Verio, while SM uses a cheaper mix of ThePlanet's gigabit network.

I've heard many good things about Liquid Web, haven't seen much negative about them on the board..

I woudl recommand Liquid Web

Id go for Sm. Great uptime, prices and nice people to talk to. Always willing to help.
    Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

SM if you ask me

dont ask eddy lol

Originally posted by HstCreations
    I'd go for SM. LiquidWeb has a single-homed OC-3 connection to Verio, while SM uses a cheaper mix of ThePlanet's gigabit network.
    Thats true but LiquidWeb hasn't had any downtime in almost a year...

I'd rather have single homed Verio and no downtime then multihomed and 2 or 3 down machines every month...

Do a search on the forums here and tell me how many "SM sucks" or "my server is down again" threads you find....

The SM sucks threads are down to support issues, not the network which is amazingly reliable for a 'budget' provider.
    Invectis - Windows 2000, 2003 and MS SQL Server web hosting

SM have best support aslo best server for price
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Id go with SM
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

Re: Liquid web or servermatrix?

Originally posted by woolly
    I am one of the burst.net customers switching to a new provider. Which one will you recommend liquid web or servermatrix.

Who offers a better service. What I am looking for the most is the network quality. So which has a better network?

thanks for the advice.
    I just recently picked up a W2K3 box from SM and have been impressed with their network.

There support is definately having some issues, but I believe they will be worked out in time.

I would buy another SM box in a heartbeat.

Sirius

SM! 'Nuff said

yep go for SM
    God save me from my friends, I can protect myself from my enemies

We have 6 servers at servermatrix and I would recommend you go there. We haven't had any problem with them so far. If you need support call them on there 800 number for fast support. We are in the process of moving all of our other servers there now.

Originally posted by X-Gaming

I'd rather have single homed Verio and no downtime then multihomed and 2 or 3 down machines every month...

Do a search on the forums here and tell me how many "SM sucks" or "my server is down again" threads you find....
    Agreed. People do seem to ignore bottom line around here, providers that are run right do not go down continually on the server per server level. Such outages causes simply gain less mass attention as they are not the entire network.

Outages due to admin incompetency or failure to respond proactively are very often more significant to the individual clients. Look at service and the consistency thereof.

Originally posted by X-Gaming

From what I understand LiquidWeb just recently (couple months ago) moved into their current datacenter *liquidweb, please correct me if i'm wrong*

I've heard many great things about both companies, but currently only have experience with one, which would be ServerMatrix. I've had one of my servers with them for almost a year now.. (10 months) and the network is superb.. in the past 10 months, the network has had I'd say 99.8% uptime, and it's only .8 because of the 6 hour downtime in September (major router failure). They also honor their uptime guarantee and we recieved, I believe, a 25% discount on the next months rent.

In the course of the past 10 months, we've never had ANY packet loss or slow network speed..

The level of support that is offered has been perfectly on par with what we'd expect from them (network/services monitoring, kernel updates, and network/hardware related inquiries)

for the record: DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE FROM SUPPORT.. as the previously mentioned services are the ONLY ones offered.. any questions regarding how to properly use and administer your server will probably go unanswered, as they do not offer that level of support (nor should you expect it)

Sever Matrix by far. All these "My server down" issues aren't their fault, with as many backbone connections as Server Matrix has, downtime is nearly impossible. I've had my server for over a month now and not a single minute of downtime has occured and its faster than ever still... Their phone support is great, maybe not their tickets, but phone is usually the way to go.

All I ask is use the search key on these forums and you should find all the information you need.

I disagree with Soul Host about "It's not there fault" Who's fault is it then? None of our other locations have power problems or router outages.. If anything a multimillion dollar company like thePlanet should be pro-active enough to figure out a way to rectify some of these "problems" that is not a good enough answer for me....

SM all the way.
    i never got effected by any down time and thats cool because some parts may suffer DOS attacks the other network seg is not effected.
    i have 2 servers there one has an uptime of 40 days and the other about 15
    i love there network
    about there support its a slow sometimes but they posted that there hiring more people and training them so it will get better.
    but hay for what i am paying i want ask them to do my support for FREE if you cant handle your own problems then go with a fully managed server at theplanet.com or get one of these plans
    http://www.servermatrix.com/managed_services.html

You will get more personalised support @ Liquidweb. I have never dealt with SM before, but to my experience dealing with Zac @ Liquidweb, it was splendid!

SM might treat you as a MASS, I doubt you can personalized support over there.

BTW, Zac told me that they were looking into another transit and signing contract within 3 months, not sure if that still stands.

Liquid Web hands down, I have nothing but great things to say about them. I have had 0 down time since I started with a server from them.

Derrick

If you run a web hosting company, SM can shut off your entire operation upon receipt of a fraud report concerning just one of your accounts. They've done that several times already to various hosting companies.

servermatrix - big time suckers

they just suck..and from what i see is not only my opinion
    i just got my server shout down on friday and i saw my 3 years old hard work business go to hell..
    they closed my site and said in the first time that it was for nonpayment reasons....and after 2 minutes they saw that i paid so they put AUP violating reasons...
    they didnt called me, email me or anything to ask me what is all about..they just killed my server..i called them friday and they said that until monday cant do anything..server must remain offline until they will check what is all about....so i thuost i'll go crazy..and i've drunk my brains out waiting until monday becouse that is how they understand to support your business...
    and today i received an email where is said that my account was terminated..they didnt give me any explications, any prooves nothijng...i called them again since they still didnt bother to call me and some guy from there hang up my phone in my face..simply like that..

they dont even explain me what is going on..simply accused me of spamvertising sites and beeing part of some "Bulgarian spam gang" LOL..whatever that means....wich i never did in my entire life...more then that..on the same server i host my family site with all my family pictures..i said that to them they still dont care..they just hang up the phone everytime and thats all..i cant even take my stuff from there...

so if you ever think to take a server from matrix and start your own business you better think twice..becouse you can wake up in the morning and you'll find an email from them accusing you of something and your server will be dead..without any logical reasons..

i emailed at every email adss trying to show them my point..nobody listen or to care..nobody...i called them bocouse they dont do that and they closed the phone in my face...

so **** them and their entire system..doesnt matter if you have 100 clients happy if you kill another without any reason...

i'll keep posting about this very big abuse until they will give me some explications...if anyone can tell me the email adss of this guy from there..it sims that becouse of him all this **** happen..sims tha he has some MAJOR evidence about my guilty..and i want to see them..becouse it sims that he cant make the differance between romania and bulgaria..
    his name is Craig Alan Rodenberg – VP, Information Security
    web development - http://www.bkpsolutions.com
    SEO Tool
    http://www.easydomainmanager.com/
    icq=47853945