hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Forum Jump

Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Angry

Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Hi,

I just wish to let you guys know, i had meet the worst server reseller. I purchased a server from him, he delayed getting my server and given me a AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ instead of 2.4 ghz. I ignore this and carry on using the server. Before sales, he told me that i could pay him extra money for managed services. I paid him but it always took more than 48 hours before I could locate him.

All i ever asked is not even complicated matters, just like SSL, change of hostnames (which he unreasonably set everything to his own domain hostname) and some small issues regarding whm/cpanel. He only looks into issues after 48 hours and he took 1 week to settle one issue. I have to hire external server admins to settle most of the things.

After a few weeks, I felt cheated, i ask him to return his so call managed services and he did refund.

However this is not the end, i emailed him asking him if i am going to carry on pay him the subscription or i am going to pay nocster myself (which i believe he register everything under his name). How am i going to get additional IPS? Who am I going to support me from today onwards?

I really don't know what to do, i feel i am controlled by this un-trustable guy and my server can be close down anytime he like.

What can I do ? Please help

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I think with a business name "Pigs Can Fly" saids it all it self...

www.bizventurer.com is hosted on Hostnoc IP space aka BurstNet. Email support@burst.net for support, it's included with your server...

I'd ask Holden to let you take over payment directly.

Resellering these days is hard - you can get screwed by the customer, or the reseller can screw you.

Australian Web Hosting

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks, but i was wondering, is there a control panel or support ticket area in BurstNet that i can use to submit request or changes?

Thank You

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritAu
I think with a business name "Pigs Can Fly" saids it all it self...

www.bizventurer.com is hosted on Hostnoc IP space aka BurstNet. Email support@burst.net for support, it's included with your server...

I'd ask Holden to let you take over payment directly.

Resellering these days is hard - you can get screwed by the customer, or the reseller can screw you.

Sponsored Links
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Old
Away

Best thing would be to talk to Nocster and see if they can help. I feel very bad for you and I thank you for sharing as I've seen this guy posting offers. Hopefully you saved some people some headaches

Old
Web Hosting Master

threads merged and cleaned

Old
Russ

I also had what I would like to call a "neutral" experience with the fellow. I ordered a server for him to use as a game server to test new builds of VexSecure anti-cheat. I talked with him a bit and he seemed like a decent guy to deal with, I ordered the server, after that was very little communication between him, I sent several emails it took him about 24 hours to respond to each one. I got the server 4 days after I paid, and it was the wrong setup wrong ram, wrong CPU. In the end he straightened things out, however it was a hastle during the process.

Old
Pixellegion

Better if you ordered server from reseller, always think to contact the "real man" when you need real support. I had server from nocster from their reseller as well, but I always contact nocster support, and their support quite nice.

Old

Yep definetly agree with u there.. unless you have ordered and paid for extra support.. but even then it is better to go straight to the server provider.. unless you are completely new to managing a server and need something extra burst/nocster support is enough

Quote:
Originally posted by l0ck_up
Better if you ordered server from reseller, always think to contact the "real man" when you need real support. I had server from nocster from their reseller as well, but I always contact nocster support, and their support quite nice.

ACN (Australian Company #): 110 253 024

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Quote:
Originally posted by EricTham
[B]Hi,

I just wish to let you guys know, i had meet the worst server reseller. I purchased a server from him, he delayed getting my server and given me a AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ instead of 2.4 ghz. I ignore this and carry on using the server.
I sincerely apologize for the problem with the server mix up , however the correct server was delivered as soon as it was avaible.

Quote:
Before sales, he told me that i could pay him extra money for managed services. I paid him but it always took more than 48 hours before I could locate him.
I dont remember takeing 48 hours to reply to any e-mails , unless they were sent to our support@ e-mail address (which unfortunitly had some problems. We encourage all dedicated customers to e-mail nocster directly for support , however if you chose server management we ask that you please e-mail me personally).
Quote:
All i ever asked is not even complicated matters, just like SSL, change of hostnames (which he unreasonably set everything to his own domain hostname) and some small issues regarding whm/cpanel. He only looks into issues after 48 hours and he took 1 week to settle one issue. I have to hire external server admins to settle most of the things.
For the hostnames , it was set to pcf[something].pigscanfly.ca since we had not yet been provided with the hostname that you wanted it set to . Once it was provided we changed the hostname , however there were some delays moving the name servers (nameservers take some time to be moved).

Quote:
After a few weeks, I felt cheated, i ask him to return his so call managed services and he did refund.
Would you rather I not issue you a refund?

Quote:
However this is not the end, i emailed him asking him if i am going to carry on pay him the subscription or i am going to pay nocster myself (which i believe he register everything under his name). How am i going to get additional IPS? Who am I going to support me from today onwards?
Greatly sorry about that , I cant seem to find your e-mail regarding that (when did you send it?) . We will send you a bill the next time nocster sends us a bill.As for the additional IPs please e-mail me (holden@pigscanfly.ca) with how many IPs you need.

Quote:
I really don't know what to do, i feel i am controlled by this un-trustable guy and my server can be close down anytime he like.
That is the case with any reseller ; we havent "closed down your server" so I'm not completely sure what you are trying to get at.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Re: Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Quote:
Originally posted by demonmoo
I sincerely apologize for the problem with the server mix up , however the correct server was delivered as soon as it was avaible.
I am still with AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ, till today you did not even MENTIONED about this change. So don't try to fool anyone.

Quote:
I dont remember takeing 48 hours to reply to any e-mails , unless they were sent to our support@ e-mail address (which unfortunitly had some problems. We encourage all dedicated customers to e-mail nocster directly for support , however if you chose server management we ask that you please e-mail me personally).
You encourage? When you are trying to get my sales, you did not even tell me anything about that, all you care is my payment, after payment, what you sent me is just ip and password. Say whatever you want regrading emails reply, all i have to tell people here is you are lieing.

Quote:
For the hostnames , it was set to pcf[something].pigscanfly.ca since we had not yet been provided with the hostname that you wanted it set to . Once it was provided we changed the hostname , however there were some delays moving the name servers (nameservers take some time to be moved).
Look, you did not even ask me for the hostname to setup before the purchase of the server. I do understand the nameservers take time to be moved, this is not the issue, don't try to use this to cover the issue, i hired my own server admin to change the hostnames for me, they did it perfectly while i am still sitting here waiting for an email for you to reply.

Quote:
Would you rather I not issue you a refund?
Look everyone, this is not the point, if you can't provide such a service, don't even sell it, you wasted my time. Can you refund me time? Refund me time than.

Quote:
Greatly sorry about that , I cant seem to find your e-mail regarding that (when did you send it?) . We will send you a bill the next time nocster sends us a bill.As for the additional IPs please e-mail me (holden@pigscanfly.ca) with how many IPs you need.
Guys, this is what resellers tend to say "email lost". So i think i will save my fingers in this.

Quote:
That is the case with any reseller ; we havent "closed down your server" so I'm not completely sure what you are trying to get at.
Oh yes ! thank you! you "havent" close down my server.

Look, i don't trust you and you are providing nothing to me, i am asking for advice on how do I get the subscription directly instead of such an irresponsible reseller.

PS: You asked for my root password in msn and you mentioned you will fix the cron problem i am facing, till today nothing has been done, was it msn message lost this time or was it dns problem that makes you do nothing this time?

Old
Retired Moderator

EricTham, you are entitled to get support or minor server administration directly from nocster via their helpdesk at:
https://support.burst.net:2382/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi
Whenever you have any questions related to your server "Technical" issues, you can always open/submit a ticket there.

Whereby the issue with your current host, I would suggest that you settle whatever issue privately with your current host.

Just my thoughts

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Nagative,

I had sent a report to nocster regrading this reseller. Still awaiting their reply.

For the issue with the host, my main purpose is to WARN all people about this reseller. In any case the reseller would like to challange my message, i am happy to reply accordingly. I don't see the purpose of settling ourside, if that is a case, the mods should close my treads eailier.

"Is a free speech world"

Thank You
Eric Tham

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I had sent a report to nocster regrading this reseller. Still awaiting their reply.
I believe you will get replies faster if it is related to technical issue and not related to nocster's reseller though

Quote:
For the issue with the host, my main purpose is to WARN all people about this reseller. In any case the reseller would like to challange my message, i am happy to reply accordingly. I don't see the purpose of settling ourside, if that is a case, the mods should close my treads eailier.
This is up to you as long as all parties obey the *Be Polite* rule especially

Quote:
"Is a free speech world"
Yes, you can talk anything as you like provided you follow our forum guidelines/rules

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: Re: Re: Worst Server Reseller (Holden Karau pigscanfly.ca)

Quote:
[B]I am still with AMD XP 1700 1.47GHZ, till today you did not even MENTIONED about this change. So don't try to fool anyone.
Greatly sorry about that . I was recalling a different customer . After looking at the records again I see that you were indeed provisioned an athalon instead of the celeron , however I didnt receive any complaints about the processor .(as a note we have you down as ordering a celeron 2.0ghz not a 2.4) . If you do want to try and fix the processor related difficulties please contact me off board.
Quote:
Look, you did not even ask me for the hostname to setup before the purchase of the server.
Indeed , and that was an oversite on our part.
Quote:
I do understand the nameservers take time to be moved, this is not the issue, don't try to use this to cover the issue,
The hostname of the system must resolve to the IP address of the machine , otherwise you start getting problems . Without the nameservers being moved over the A records would have pointed to the old server and you would have had a number of problems.

Quote:
Look everyone, this is not the point, if you can't provide such a service, don't even sell it, you wasted my time. Can you refund me time? Refund me time than.
We provided the service , although there were delays in provisioning outside of our control mainly due to nocster . Another delay was caused because you orded one of the 512 packages after the packages had been switched to 256 by nocster and I had to get nocster to put 512 in the box.

Quote:
Guys, this is what resellers tend to say "email lost". So i think i will save my fingers in this.
It happens unforunitly . If it has been to long for a reply send the e-mail again rather than posting to a board.

Quote:
Look, i don't trust you and you are providing nothing to me, i am asking for advice on how do I get the subscription directly instead of such an irresponsible reseller.
If you want to cancel your server you should talk to me rather than a public forum.

Quote:
PS: You asked for my root password in msn and you mentioned you will fix the cron problem i am facing, till today nothing has been done, was it msn message lost this time or was it dns problem that makes you do nothing this time?
Some follow up questions (regarding the account to ensure that we deleted the correct cron process , rather than one you wanted to keep) went unanswered and it slipped my mind. As a note : for technical issues it is faster to contact nocster directly for support.

As a note: I will now be leaving this thread [unless there is something of-base posted], if you have any issues (such as whishing to cancel server) please contact me directly.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
ourweb Listing 2014-09-20 20:48:26
SherWeb Listing 2014-09-20 20:46:26
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 14, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:02
HostGee Introduces Reseller Hosting Program Web Hosting News 2013-06-12 11:02:08
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – May 10, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:06