hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Community Reviews : Web Site Reviews : Attention All Reviewers :

Forum Jump

Attention All Reviewers :

Reply Post New Thread In Web Site Reviews Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2000, 08:32 AM
Web Hosting Master

Exclamation

Hi everyone,

The Website Reviews forum has been taking off! Thanks to all the reviewees for offering their site to be slaughtered and torn to bits..... errrrrrr.... reviewed, and thanks to all the other reviewers for taking time out to help each other with their sites and offer valuable feedback from different perspectives.

While all the reviews are going great, I would ask the following :

Reviewers : please try not to limit your reviews to one-liners, as they are usually as useful as a bunch of flies trying to kill a dinosaur. (Ok, stupid analogy, but you get my idea) I would ask that you offer as much feedback as you can in terms of whatever aspects you can pick out from your perspective, so that the reviewee can get as much benefit as possible. Of course, one liners may be accepted if you have absolutely nothing to say and wish to compliment the reviewee on an excellent site

The other reason, of course, for avoiding one-liner reviews as much as possible is the possible perception that you are simply boosting your 'post count' and eventually your user status, which is frankly just ridiculous

Reviewees : you're most welcome to ask for a second or third or fourth or xth round (uhmm.. well there might be a ceiling to that x no., but I don't think anyone would be sooooo extreme ) - much like Tabernack did. Don't feel shy!

P.S. If reviewees are scared by me, Mr. Nitpicky Reviewer of the Year, please say so and I will try to be gentle My reviews are always harsh but fair

Thanks for your attention - you may now return to your normal station. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2000, 10:08 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by BC
Hi everyone,

Reviewers : please try not to limit your reviews to one-liners, as they are usually as useful as a bunch of flies trying to kill a dinosaur. (Ok, stupid analogy, but you get my idea) I would ask that you offer as much feedback as you can in terms of whatever aspects you can pick out from your perspective, so that the reviewee can get as much benefit as possible. Of course, one liners may be accepted if you have absolutely nothing to say and wish to compliment the reviewee on an excellent site

The other reason, of course, for avoiding one-liner reviews as much as possible is the possible perception that you are simply boosting your 'post count' and eventually your user status, which is frankly just ridiculous

Reviewees : you're most welcome to ask for a second or third or fourth or xth round (uhmm.. well there might be a ceiling to that x no., but I don't think anyone would be sooooo extreme ) - much like Tabernack did. Don't feel shy!

I personally think that you're partially right about oneliners. But for example I do review as I surf net, if I look at site and see that site have something good or bad I focus my attention to it.
You make very good reviews, but I think that you spend a lot of time on it. Other peoples can't have so much time. So I think that even shorter review is better than none at all.

Old 10-09-2000, 10:57 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hey BC.. common.. I was just starting to have fun

Well, yea, I was thinking the same thing, and I shall make my reviews more insightful.

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2000, 11:17 AM
Web Hosting Master

Some sites don't need more than a one-line review... lol.

Old 11-07-2000, 11:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

Wink Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by BC
Hi everyone,

The Website Reviews forum has been taking off! Thanks to all the reviewees for offering their site to be slaughtered and torn to bits..... errrrrrr.... reviewed, and thanks to all the other reviewers for taking time out to help each other with their sites and offer valuable feedback from different perspectives.

While all the reviews are going great, I would ask the following :

P.S. If reviewees are scared by me, Mr. Nitpicky Reviewer of the Year, please say so and I will try to be gentle My reviews are always harsh but fair

Thanks for your attention - you may now return to your normal station. Cheers!
I never give out one.....................................................................................................................

Liners

Old 11-07-2000, 11:50 AM
Web Hosting Master

Worldwide Period Shortage

Dana, there's currently a shortage of periods throughout the Internet. Please use them more sparingly, lest there be none left for others; requiring us to leave out essential punctuation at the ends of sentences

Old 11-07-2000, 06:24 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: Worldwide Period Shortage

Quote:
Originally posted by etLux
Dana, there's currently a shortage of periods throughout the Internet. Please use them more sparingly, lest there be none left for others; requiring us to leave out essential punctuation at the ends of sentences
Dont talk to a woman about . ROTFL!

Old 11-07-2000, 06:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

Errrr...... Let's keep this clean, shall we, and refer to the ............ not the ladies' version..

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Old 11-07-2000, 06:29 PM
Web Hosting Master

lol

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Old 11-07-2000, 06:49 PM
Web Hosting Master

I had nothing to do with any of this. I wasn't even here, today; in fact, I was over there. Wait. As a matter of fact, I wasn't over there, either, but somewhere else entirely.

Old 11-07-2000, 06:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Excuses, excuses

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Old 11-07-2000, 06:51 PM
Web Hosting Master

Perverts

Old 11-07-2000, 06:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

Who, me? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww etLux's the pervert in all of this - he started all of this *points finger*

Old 11-07-2000, 06:54 PM
Web Hosting Master

*breaks under pressure*

Yes, yes, it was me me me me me -- whatever it is, I did it. Not only that, I did it again and again and again.

Old 11-07-2000, 06:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

You sound like that doctor in 3rd Rock from the son.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-20 17:30:15
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-20 17:30:16
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-20 17:30:16
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-20 17:31:44
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-20 17:32:08