hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : vdi "agent affiliate" program?

Forum Jump

vdi "agent affiliate" program?

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2000, 01:23 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Anyone seen what the prices look like on this vdi agent affiliate thing they're showing on their homepage at vdi.net? They dont show any prices at all.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2000, 06:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

I suggest you e-mail them.

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Old 10-08-2000, 05:10 PM
Retired Moderator

when you apply online, after filling out the form, you get emailed with an attachment. open it up and you have the prices.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2000, 08:07 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by kunal
I suggest you e-mail them.
I've e-mailed them, and they answered me with this url:
http://vdi.net/resellers.htm
If anybody can explain me what is on that url, I'll be glad

Old 10-09-2000, 08:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

Sergio,

Why? Because you can't see the page for some technical reason? (wouldn't be surprising because it took a looooooong time for me to load. Then again, that's not surprising when the page has been generated by Excel 2000 and terrible backend XML code has to be included.. But I'm rambling again.)

It's nearly impossible to cut/paste and format correctly, the damn thing...

Old 10-09-2000, 11:20 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by BC
Sergio,

Why? Because you can't see the page for some technical reason? (wouldn't be surprising because it took a looooooong time for me to load. Then again, that's not surprising when the page has been generated by Excel 2000 and terrible backend XML code has to be included.. But I'm rambling again.)

It's nearly impossible to cut/paste and format correctly, the damn thing...
I see there some numbers which mean price in $, but for what are those prices is not written. (Any description with more details)

Old 10-09-2000, 02:24 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks, too expensive

Just wanted to get an idea of what they charge. It's too expensive. They want more than a couple of other companies I've seen (resellermatrix and gemstream). And these guys are buying and reselling. I figured vdi would be able to beat these prices since, well, they're one of the originating sources. I think I'm gonna go with resellermatrix. I know they've posted advertisements on this board and that's frowned upon. But I don't think that should sway my decision. They have great prices (not an advertisement, a truth), and that's the bottom line for me. Or at least I think so. If they buy from alabanza, then they get support from alabanza right? The same support that gemstream would get right? The same support that anyone else reselling for alabanza would get right? If resellermatrix goes down, doesn't that mean that all the other resellers for alabanza goes down too? I mean, isn't resellermatrix just as much at risk for an outage as anyone else selling for alabanza? I've resold through a different type of setup (which has no real support) for two years and haven't really had any problems (except when the server was down, and there wasn't anything I OR my hosting company could do about it (router problem). But so far as providing support to my customers (what's the path to perl? What's the url to my cgi-bin? and stuff like that) I've always been able to do it without having to ask someone else. Enlighten me if I'm wrong by all means. If any of you has HAD a bad experience (not heard of one through a friend of a friend) with resellermatrix, then stop me. If you haven't, then, well, shamelessly posting their feces on this board may have netted them a new customer it's sad to say. I'm just looking for the best price, and from what I've seen, theirs is the lowest so far. None of this "have to have 5 accounts to start" bull, and none of this "have to prepay six months to start" jazz. It looks pretty straightforward. I just need to know why I SHOULDN'T deal with them.

Beau

Old 10-09-2000, 02:52 PM
Junior Guru

Re: Thanks, too expensive

Quote:
Originally posted by Beauzeau
I think I'm gonna go with resellermatrix. I just need to know why I SHOULDN'T deal with them.
Beau
As at any alabanza bazed host, they have high prices for bandwidth (for additional Gb/month of transfer)

Old 10-09-2000, 03:29 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Finally! The catch!

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. So is it not possible to "cap" a customers account so that they can not pass the bandwidth limit?

The bandwidth limits on these accounts are pretty good (4gigs for the 4.95 account and 10 for the 20 dollar account). So I figure if I do all of my advertising in print media, and target legitimate small to medium sized businesses, I won't have to worry about the occassional bandwidth sucker so much.

Also, is it possible with the alabanza panel to monitor the bandwidth? And is it possible to cancel a customers account in mid-month? If so, I could always just cut a customer off if their bandwidth looks like it's going to go over right?

Thanks
Beau

Old 10-09-2000, 03:47 PM
Junior Guru

Re: Finally! The catch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Beauzeau
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. So is it not possible to "cap" a customers account so that they can not pass the bandwidth limit?

Also, is it possible with the alabanza panel to monitor the bandwidth? And is it possible to cancel a customers account in mid-month? If so, I could always just cut a customer off if their bandwidth looks like it's going to go over right?

Thanks
Beau
I don't think it is a good practice to cancel customer in midmonth.

Old 10-09-2000, 04:09 PM
Web Hosting Master

Beauzeau, it is just my opinion that if you are going to resell for an Alabnza host, why not do it with a reputable company? Check out recellar.com http://www.recellar.com/Reviews/revi...oseCompany.cfm under "MatrixCubed Internet Services", "ResellerMatrix" and "Recellar.com" (no, recellar.com is not a host, but there are comments there by MatrixCubed Sales)

Chicken

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Hosting.co.uk Launches Web Hosting Affiliate Program Web Hosting News 2013-01-07 14:35:54
Web Host ViUX Systems Launches Web Hosting Affiliate Program Web Hosting News 2013-01-02 12:19:33
Web Host SKGOLD Hosting Launches Affiliate Program Web Hosting News 2012-10-26 16:25:45
Web Host A Small Orange Revamps Affiliate Program with Cash Payouts Web Hosting News 2012-09-12 14:41:16
Web Host ITX Design Offers Higher Commissions for Affiliate Program, Free cPanel Web Hosting News 2012-08-13 18:39:36