hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : VDI based hosts with reseller plans

Forum Jump

VDI based hosts with reseller plans

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2000, 07:34 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Lightbulb

Who offers reseller plans based on a VDI platform?
I know of ultraspeedusa.com, but who else is on VDI?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2000, 07:49 PM
Community Guide

Smile

I believe interserver.net and burst.net do.

Old 10-06-2000, 09:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

Also dids.com does (I believe they are still with VDI)... http://dids.com/resellers/index.php

Chicken

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2000, 04:31 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

A traceroute proves otherwise ... kinda

dids.com is with burstnet and burstnet is with vdi

sooo it is almost true

David

Old 10-07-2000, 06:49 PM

Post Clarification!

David,

Thanks for the post - though a bit inaccurate.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings David may have caused, please reference this recent thread on another board that started in the same manner:

http://www.webmaster-forums.com/foru...6&pagenumber=1

If anyone has questions about this, please direct them to my e-mail address and I would be more than happy to answer them. I don't visit this particular forum much but a fellow webmaster that knows what me and my firm are really about warned me of this thread.

Old 10-07-2000, 06:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

You know.. I couldn't find that link... I had a feeling I read that somewhere, but couldn't remember if it talked about dids or another VDI based host. I'm sure Chad is tired of answering this question (maybe not worth the discount for the IP's heh), and was going to email him this thread so that you could reply. I forgot to after looking through some of the other forums (got sidetracked, who would have thunk?).

Chicken

Old 10-07-2000, 07:14 PM

It is getting kinda frustrating Chicken ... But, it is in fact public information and people are free to make their own assumptions. I only hope that people would at least give us a shot instead of immediatly ruling us out over something that really has nothing to do with our services.

Anyway, things are being worked on to take care of this problem.

I appreciate your support Chicken.

Old 10-07-2000, 08:31 PM
Web Hosting Master

I'll shoot you the thread instead of looking for the old one next time. I'm sure by the time it comes up again, I won't remember (again, heh). You aren't the only one who has to deal with this. My server has IP addresses registered to tera-byte, and by doing traceroutes and IP lookups, you'd swear I was a reseller. I hate the fact that these things trace back to someone other than me, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it, and it seems to be the nature of the beast. Luckily, I don't host like you do. If I did, I'd probably have a BIG announcement on my site: NOT A BURST RESELLER!!!

No offense Burst-Sean, I just mean that if you are, you are, and if you're not, you're not. I'm sure Sean understands...

Chicken

Old 10-07-2000, 10:55 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Question

I wonder are there any other ways available to confirm if a host is a reseller under a company or just leasing their IP addresses etc. ?

I have no reason to doubt or believe weather dids.com is with burst.net or not

(it is actually in their best interest to deny this since burst.net doesn't exactly have the best reputation)

The only thing anyone can believe is object information. And in most cases traceroute is enough ... and now it seems there are many exceptions

soooo does anyone know of any other good alternatives to traceroute?

David

Old 10-08-2000, 12:18 AM

There really isn't a way to get 100% accurate information on whether a host is a reseller or not. You might try asking the host - some will be honest and some won't be.

It's unfortunate that people have to actually be this investigative in the first place. It really frowns down on the hosting industry. Consumers should be able to just look over a hosting firm's offerings, ask them some questions, and make a decision based on this information - and they should receive those services. Unfortunatly, all too many consumers have not received those services which makes it a common practice to try to get as much info about the company as possible now. And a lot of the time, that information really shouldn't be read into like a lot of people read into it (in my firm's case, the information that has been pointed out in this thread is accurate, but the assumptions about it aren't).

Whether you believe the information you find and what you make of it is completely up to you.

Old 10-08-2000, 01:37 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Thank you friends for the pointers, but are there any more VDI hosts?

One thing in common I have noticed while reviewing the reseller programs for mentioned companies is that all except BurstNet have very low discounts. How can a reseller make any money if the discount is just 25% of the regular price which is too high to start with? alabanza hosts offer much lower prices. I wonder why?

Old 10-09-2000, 01:45 AM

Wazeh:
>alabanza hosts offer much lower prices. I wonder why?

Not for long. With recent price increases, you will notice many Alabanza-based hosts prices increase as well.
-Scotto

Old 10-09-2000, 08:42 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Wazeh
Thank you friends for the pointers, but are there any more VDI hosts?

One thing in common I have noticed while reviewing the reseller programs for mentioned companies is that all except BurstNet have very low discounts. How can a reseller make any money if the discount is just 25% of the regular price which is too high to start with? alabanza hosts offer much lower prices. I wonder why?

Bandwidth for all Alabanza bazed hosts is high priced.

[Edited by sergio on 10-09-2000 at 09:12 AM]

Old 10-15-2000, 02:23 AM
Eternal Member

I can't think of any other VDI based hosts with reseller programs at the moment.. but when I know of one, You'll be the first to know!

*ahem*

Matt
mlightner@site5.com (VDI Based!)

- Really honestly wants to be a good WHT citizen but can never remember all the correct etiquette. Mods, sorry in advance

Old 10-15-2000, 03:09 AM
Web Hosting Master

HA! How in the world did I forget about Site5??? Sorry about that Matt

Chicken

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Hostway Adds Open-Xchange Email and Collaboration Suite to Cloud Reseller Platform Web Hosting News 2014-08-28 12:17:04
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 14, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:02
HostGee Introduces Reseller Hosting Program Web Hosting News 2013-06-12 11:02:08
Mega Cloud Storage Accepts Bitcoins, Hints at Email, Voice Services Web Hosting News 2013-02-19 11:25:37
Web Host LogicWeb Launches CloudLinux-Based Web Hosting Service Web Hosting News 2012-09-26 16:54:35