Originally posted by sightz
The icons on the current cPanel X themes make absolutely no sense whatsoever. For example. "chatroom" and "phpmychat" use the PhotoShop icon, and Manage OpenPGP Keys , Index Manager, and IP Deny Manager all use the Microsoft Access icon.
Yours are way better!
Thats exactly what prompted this little project of mine, all the dis organization of icons. I was sick of having everything all scattered about. Ive always thought the icons should be grouped by type.
I took out those scripts like cgi center, phpchatroom, forum, agora(how old is agora, does ANYONE use it?... serious question). Im going to add them back, with the exception of a couple that pose as security issues. Im going to make another little section called "scripts & ecommerce"
Im starting to get way hyped about this, lol.
So im giving myself a little todo:
rearrange certain icons that use the <cpanel if> feature so that if they are not supported on ones system there will be no empty spots in the icon sections. example
current, x = icons in the section (example section: domain management)
x x x x x
x x x _ x
x x x x x
_ x x x x
yes , i know this graph sucks, but what ill change it to is purely cosmetic so if you decide not have a feature like ssh or postgres the icons wont just be missing, they'll be on the outside of the row and look as if they never exsisted.
1. Add the ecommerce and scripts section, remove formail and replace with tar'd php script including instruction and example form. Mesh scripts together by type (havent decided how).
2. Hack in some features, like knowledge base, ticket piping so ticket system doesnt matter. general billing, sales, support stuff
3. ssh java applet: Completely get rid of this applet, offer up downloads from within cpanel such as putty, macssh, and of course openssh (why anyone wouldnt have a terminal on a *nix system is beyond me, but just to be thorough)
4. find a way to hack the status page, those tables are dog ugly and need to be changed.
5. Maybe add a downloads section, (if you supply the tools to your customers, it's easier to support them on those tools)
6. Replace the "documention" with flash tutorials that come with the skin
if anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know.
Im off to work, hopefully i can get alot of this done tonight