Atrivo / Hostany

Is anyone other than me concerned with the mode of the announcement? Shouldn't an announcement of a sale come from the selling party? Although technically the announcement doesn't mention sale.

Not doubting Atrivo at all, it just seems to me that this is a dangerous way to do business. How is this different, from the knowledge we have here, from the Daniel "takeover" of NOC24? What prevents anyone from making such an announcement. I would certainly hope Atrivo finds a more certain way to confirm what has taken place, particularly since, by their own words, This was scheduled to take place on Feb 1st, but due to problem that arose today it will immediately take affect.

I'm thinking that the customers themselves were notified by the selling party. However I could be wrong

that you are i was not notified until my server went down and found out the exchange colo cut the power to the hostany cage until atrivo/emil talked to them. I have since talked to atrivo/emil and worked out all of my concerns.

Was the power cut the catalyst that caused the transfer to occur early?

What's with all these nasty, very poorly planned take-overs this week. Foonet, Hostany, ...

Considering the size of these companies, you'd expect them to put more thought into the matter, rather than leaving customers guessing until the last possible second.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

I was contacted by both HostAny and Atrivo even though I canceled like a month ago

Originally posted by Tazzman
    What's with all these nasty, very poorly planned take-overs this week. Foonet, Hostany, ...

Considering the size of these companies, you'd expect them to put more thought into the matter, rather than leaving customers guessing until the last possible second.
    In terms of the HostAny situation, Atrivo wasn't supposed to take over HostAny until February 1st, until the power issue happened. From what I can deduce, HostAny probably skipped out on some of the money they owed e200 Paul, and Atrivo took over early to get the servers back online, and the power back up. (That's just speculation, though). HostAny hasn't posted here in a while, so I'm assuming that that's why you only see Emil posting. Jeff said that he received contact from both parties, so that should be proof enough that this was a legitimate, planned sale (Not like the NOC24 takeover attempt, that would have been better for those customers, anyway ).

-Josh

Atrivo did everything to keep Hostany's customer going. If Atrivo didn't call up Exchange and Nlayer, you guys would all be left in the dark.

Is Hostany official out of business or they are venturing in other fields?

Good question

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Is Hostany official out of business or they are venturing in other fields?
    Weren't they a rather sizable CPanel reseller?

i herd from someone that they were very bad @ being a cpanel reseller aswell. im still happy with my server there
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

i wasnt too happy with the downtime but as i told emil at atrivo if nothing changes i will be more then very happy. The stability there has been quite nice for me specially for what im paying

I believe you will have good time ahead with Emil

I disagree, support @ atrivo is incredibly slow seems like a one man show. Took over 12 hrs to get a nic replaced just last week.

Hello,

Please keep in mind that we are not using Hostany Ticket System, which is where I believe you tried to request a reboot. NIC was replaced in less than 1 hour after soemone called. After NIC was replaced turned out to be the "Kernel" that the customer installed which involved some Watchguard causing nic to timeout.

As a dedicated server provider you do your best to provide a stable system / network. You provide a phone number that get's answered. You bring up a machine that the user brings down and still get critized.

Ohh well I guess that is human nature ;-)
    SF Dedicated Servers / Co-Location / Transit
    Company: Intercage Inc. - Atrivo (Emil Kacperski)
    E-Mail: emil@intercage.com
    Phone: 925-550-3947 / ICQ: 23531098

umm just out of curiosity why would you use hostany trouble ticket to request a reboot when all there servers come with apc switch.

my assumtion that Hostany (eric) just wasn't taking care of business. Atrivo (Emil) is the best thing thats happenned to Hostany's customers yet. He is on the ball, replies to requests and takes care of problems. He is also probably the reason Hostany's customers have been up this long. I am happy he took over for Eric and just hope Eric is completely out of the picture. I am going back to Hostany now that Emil has it and am looking forward to it. You will notice his phone number in his posts here and on his website. He answers the phone people - nice touch. Do understand that with the acquisition of Hostany Emil will be fixing Erics problems for some time things will smooth out again. If you search for Atrivo you will find very few bad posts, and some are to be expected due to user error and hardened attitudes. I hope the best for him, and hopefully you never hear me post again about thier services - that would be a good thing.
    Server$Hit.com Reseller/Hosting For Real People
    WebHostingAccess Trial Accounts Upon Request
    www.ForALaugh.com Get over IT Get over yourself
    Yahoo IM: concreteseller | Toll Free Support: 1-888-603-5305 | Like the Maytag repairman

Originally posted by Nessun
    umm just out of curiosity why would you use hostany trouble ticket to request a reboot when all there servers come with apc switch.
    There's a number of reasons why this would be:
    A> kernel isn't responding appropriately
    B> server is not coming back up
    C> The server had no APC port
    D> The server wasn't configured correctly on the APC port

The list could go on and on and on.

Was the (lack of) announcement bad? Probably, but you do what you have to do. I've dealt with Eric many times, and he's not an easy man to deal with. In fact, more than one time he's raised prices because he could for various customers. I've no doubt that's what happened here.

As I've said before. Emil is THE best thing that could happen to HA customers.. He's got great customer service skills, he's one of the better ones out there, most DEFINITELY 100x better than Eric, and I'm sure that any customer of HA would agree with that.

Any time companies merge there's going to be problems, issues. Give 'em time and I'm sure Atrivo will handle things well enough, Emil's always done excellent work.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

For the record Hostany was ran by some dude in Hong Kong that doesnt even live in the States. He subcontracted for someone to respond to his issues as they came up. This was a great move stop bitching!

You sure on that?

I talked with someone that has access in the e2000paul facility same as hostany/atrivo and the owner of hostany dont live in Hong Kong, and please watch the language!
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation, Dedicated Servers & VPS

Originally posted by Crucial
    I talked with someone that has access in the e2000paul facility same as hostany/atrivo and the owner of hostany dont live in Hong Kong, and please watch the language!
    Crucial, please actually get the correct information before you post. The discussion brought up was NOT about current ownership but PAST ownership. Please, reread the post.

HostAny was run by Eric Lo who WAS up until this last summer indeed in HK, China. I know this because of the numerous times clients have complained about getting ahold of him, and the time difference, etc. Yes, he DID move to someplace close to the DC in the summer, but he WAS in fact in HK for the majority of the HostAny life.

Is it CURRENTLY run by individuals in HK? No, Emil lives actually close enough to the DC to drive to it (obviously). I'm sure that by now he's started picking up a lot of the slack that Eric left behind, which is a very good thing.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

I recall about 6 months ago the owners of hostany where local not in HK. I dont know anything prior to the 6 months. The post by "NetwerkOne" states it was ran by owners in HK the whole time prior to Emil, I was just saying that was incorrect.

I think its in proffessional interests to keep these arguments off of Public forums. Just my opinion.

We are not arguing, It's an ethical conversation between well mature parties.