hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : Email processing

Forum Jump

Email processing

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 05:54 AM

Email processing

Hello everybody!

I would like to know if anybody using any kind of email processing scripts (or programs/services) for handling mails from online publisher ?

Example. A publisher sell my software. When somebody buy a program the publisher send a notification email to my sales@site.com address with customer information. Finally I have to send a registration code to the customer. I would like to automate this process on my website.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2004, 09:32 AM
The E-Commerce Answer Guy

Yes, this can definitely be done. You could setup a merchant account & gateway with someone and then have your gateway "pass back" the order details along with a sessionID of some kind after a successful transaction.

Then your script on your site could auto-generate or release the registration code to the customer. You'll of course want to employ some standard security methods to ensure that people don't try to spoof a "real" order in an attempt to get free software but beyond that... it is not too hard to setup the above.

Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Old 01-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Web Hosting Master

you should look into kagi.com, they have a service that pretty much allows you to do what you've asked without any custom code, providing your willing to actually provide a number of valid registration codes to them to distribute with the purchase.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Texan at Heart

You can even automate it even further And have it send them the registration code without you ever having to send the e-mail out. I just have to ask if your code is particular to the download or software or if you used just an algorithm? Or maybe you verify the registration code via your website when it is entered?

Old 01-15-2004, 10:59 AM

email processing

Thank you all for answers.

I will use several different publishers. So, I don't want to be connected with one of them. They all use the same method: sending a notification email.

I want to have ONE script (or something =) ) for parsing different emails from publishers. I know each publisher's email structure (first name, last name, email, ..). Parsed information will put to the database and registration code (generated using customer's device ID code) will be sent.

Any ideas?

PS: I don't want write, for example PHP script, by myself. I'm searching for already existing solution =)

Old 01-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Texan at Heart

Are these e-mails in the same format or do that use a different structure? If they are all in a different structure, you might need a few different systems. Set up an e-mail for each publisher. But if they could send something to your database to activate an e-mail - that seems like it would be faster.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google has Access to Incoming and Outgoing Gmail Messages According to Updated Terms of Service Web Hosting News 2014-04-15 12:24:10
Cloudmark Shares Strategies to Avoid Email Blacklisting, Improve Deliverability Blog 2013-05-31 14:57:24
1&1 Internet Launches Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2013 Plans Web Hosting News 2013-04-10 15:46:03
eleven Email Security Report Finds European Countries Top Spam Senders in October, November Web Hosting News 2012-12-13 10:05:37
Atmail Email Tools Get Boost from $2 Million Investment in Growth Web Hosting News 2012-11-21 14:25:41