hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : merchannt account

Forum Jump

merchannt account

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2004, 04:49 AM

merchannt account

right now im using paypal's merchant tools for my customers to make payments on the hosting plans i offer. i know that its detering some potential customers from making purchases cause they have to go through paypal to make an order. can anyone recomment some good, cheap places that offer merchant tools that I can integrate directly into my site, so that customers can make credit card payments without having to go through a 3rd party. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Web Hosting Master

I believe the hitch to this is going to be what you mean by "without going through a third party". There are some inexpensive solutions that you could look into such as 2checkout and worldpay, if you do not want to deal with third party vendors like these, you are going to be looking at full merchant accounts which will run you anywhere from $20/month and up.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:15 AM
Web Hosting Master

www.cdgcommerce.com
Is your best bet.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2004, 01:49 AM
The E-Commerce Answer Guy

Are you U.S.-based or non-U.S. in origin, Mike?

Also, you may want to peek at the E-Commerce Forum here on WHT as there are a lot of discussions related to these topics there that might be helpful to you.

Best of luck in your search for the best merchant account provider for your needs! (and thanks for the kind words, Mstar!)

Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Old 01-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Web Hosting Master

CDGCOMMERCE.Com by far the best.

Old 01-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Texan at Heart

Since you are based in the US, you have more opportunities available. I would suggest checking out Paysystems if you need a third party processor.

However, you are constantly billing over $1,000 a month, consider a merchant account.

You have a few different to choose from, but your discount rate should be around 2.25%-2.35%. Also check to see if they consider hosting a high risk account - which means they might require either a deposit or a rolling reserve. If they do - keep checking. There are other processors out there whose underwriting bank do not require as such.

Understand as well that if you do get your own merchant account, you are looking for bother a payment gateway & a CC processor. You cannot have one without the other. The gateway connects you to a specific platform to verify the CC data. There is also usually a cost involved - $.30-$.35 per transaction when accessing the gateway.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
IDrive Launches Cloud-based Facebook Backup Web Hosting News 2013-11-25 13:29:42
Advanced Internet Technologies Launches Customer Management System Web Hosting News 2013-05-17 14:35:19
Web Host GeekStorage Opens New Office in Oklahoma, Names Account Manager Web Hosting News 2012-07-31 14:04:33
eApps Hosting Adds Personal Account Managers to New Affiliate Program Web Hosting News 2012-06-11 13:09:49
Hackers Use Social Engineering to Compromise CloudFlare CEO Gmail Account Web Hosting News 2012-06-04 10:40:16