Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: iNET Toolbar

Originally posted by adminME
    Anyone else think that is a horrible addition to the site?
    Nope. If I owned INET and had a portfolio of online assets, I'd be trying to tie them together with something like that.

Actually, before this thread, I never noticed it.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Chicken
    I didn't notice it either and to me that signals a problem, rather than a benefit... (but that's just me).
    Yeah, that could go both ways. It's not obtrusive to really notice, but IMO it's subtle enough to be effective.

Thumbs up here.

Originally posted by jsjohnst
    The toolbar uses 30 pixels of screen space. How is that a horrible waste of space?
    It's a crime against humanity damnit!!!

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the bar. It's perfectly unobtrusive and completely professional. Using that bar to tie in all the INET properties, is a great idea. Just don't take to heart some of the lesser informed comments.

Originally posted by b.m.2
    For all the complainers..............Who Cares?! It doesn't hinder anything and it doesn't change any way the forum operates. Your using the internet for God's sake, how can you not expect change? I just don't get how people can complain so much about something that is free! Give me a break!

If you had a network of related sites that you invested a small fortune in you would do the same thing. You can't ever miss a reasonable opportunity at promotion on the web and of all people web hosts should know that. Enjoy your free forum and stop complaining.
    Hear hear!!

Crikey Bob, ever heard of "edit post"?
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Originally posted by IHSL
    Crikey Bob, ever heard of "edit post"?
    I had a bit to say.

Wondering the same thing myself.

I take it Bob just likes to make sure that his points are all well read and understood.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    . . . unobtrusive and completely professional. . .
    That's the way I see.

It took this thread for me to notice it. But, I may have noticed it some day.

Now, once I know it's there, I can use it when I need to.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Gotta keep that post count ticking too.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Just don't take to heart some of the lesser informed comments.
    I think everything stated in this thread is essentially an opinion. How can anyone not be fully informed about their own opinions? We don't all agree on this one, it doesn't mean that any of us are wrong.

I agree that it's definitely practical. Saves me from those hard keystrokes or actually moving the mouse and risking fatigue to my wrist.

Conspiracy....

It was a plot....they paid the naysayers to come post here so we would all be sure to see the new toolbar.....

This is a bit like starting a crusade against a tv show or a movie....whereas it might have not been successful, the crusade guarantees publicity and everyone has to go see it to see what all the fuss was about.

As they say, I don't care what you say in the paper about me, just spell my name correctly.

I just love the irony that those who don't like it have insured all of us looking at it...even those who wouldn't have noticed.

My first thought when I saw it was "Ugh! this is horrible" but that was just my rebelious buck the man nature reacting!

In all honesty, I think it looks fine, it doesn't ruin the look of the site or anything and realistically, If I was running Inet, I'd be doing the same thing.

So no complaints from me!

If you guys think this is bad, you would have hated the skin pre-Ravio. You would be suffering from a 500 pixel tall text/image advertisement before getting to read content.

As for the colors, the silver looks perfect to me. The only colors in it are the yellow and blue. But then look at the rotating banner. Those colors/animations don't bother me a tad.

Of course, I'm speaking for Safari (Mac browser), so maybe this Spyware look-a-like theory holds some truth.

I think you are all weird...

Like a few others, I hardly noticed it, until I read the first post in this thread, and my brain started working...

I don't mind it. I know my bud visits yaxay, and such, so it will help him...
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

I didn't particulary like it either at first, but in reading this 6 page thread, I've not noticed it once.

I'm not really bothered about it anymore.

Would prefer it not to be there, but it doesn't really bother me, however if i had a banner running at the top, i think i'd have a different view, it does divert the eye a little.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Originally posted by Incognito
    Only 800 x 600? I thought you said it would be big......

I, like you, can't believe....well I can believe, just don't want to....the hullabaloo over a small bar at the top of the page. I tend to immediately upon opening the page, roll my cursor down one roll, so I might never have seen it. You should think all those who are overreacting-they are insuring it is noticed.
    I completely agree. It's a bar, as soon as you scroll down to read the post, it's gone. Find something new to whine about.

I very much doubt the toolbar will be changing looks.. The bar is supposed to provide a uniform look for all the iNet properties, so visitors can easily distinguish what they own...

I don't see people compaining constantly about sites like GameSpy
    Last edited by Mat Sumpter; 01-13-2004 at 11:14 AM.

They could do something cleverish and make it so if you click the grey bit on the left with the three circles in, the bar minimizes and add's a bit of info to your cookie so you don't see it anymore.

That way the people who keep complaining could just 'minimize' it and won't see it again, whereas visitors and people who couldn't care less will still beable to see it.

Personally, I'm not bothered

Looks fine to me. Dont see how people can have such an opinion over such a small thing.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Noticed it, IMO it looks fine. I don't feel its presence to be much of an issue if I'm honest. For some who don't like it they'll most likely soon mentally block it out, for some it might well serve as a useful link to some other good forums. Nothing in life can please everybody.
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

Thumbs up

Originally posted by DNHN
    They could do something cleverish and make it so if you click the grey bit on the left with the three circles in, the bar minimizes and add's a bit of info to your cookie so you don't see it anymore.

That way the people who keep complaining could just 'minimize' it and won't see it again, whereas visitors and people who couldn't care less will still beable to see it.

Great idea imo

Originally posted by DNHN

Come on now... and the end of the day it's an advert. If you go down that route, then you may as well have something to click to hide all the adverts on this website.

At the end of the day, they paid the $$$ to buy this site, and they are, IMO, rightfully entitled to advertise themselves on it. It's not like they have made a bunch of popup ads or anything overly intrusive, but instead a relatively discreet bar at the top that isn't too flashy or imposing. I just don't see the issue.
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

I'd cahnge it to blue to make it blend, then it would look nicer, but I don't have a problem with it. I like the fact that I can visit other sites in the network and accomadate myself to those forums or sites to. Good Idea. Bad Colors.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast