Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

global-bill.com ??

anyone use this service? A search gave me no results, so i assume they are new. Offshore Merchant Account services.

www.global-bill.com

I'd never heard of them until the past 24 hours - over which period I've received 1 SPAM message for each of my 3 personal email accounts.

I've gotten seven spam emails from them. This does not make me want to work with them (the opposite, as a matter of fact).

Other than that, I haven't heard a thing about them.
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

They spammed me as well, 11 times to be exact all of which I reported. I agree with Lesli and would avoid using any company that likes to SPAM, just because they SPAM....

Yup, I just got SPAM from them today.

They seem to be from Hong Kong. The company that is.
    Hycloud is a Journalist, CEO, teacher, scientist, mathematician, engineer, economist, web developer, graphics designer, computer programmer, system administrator

I got 16 emails (spam) from them.

RMF

i got 1 spam from them

Did you guys only get an email from them after visiting their website?

I'll not visit this website just in case

Got 8 spam emails from them. Help desk was full of it

They only sent email to my addresses associated with any domain names (whois contact), therefor I believe they're gathering email addresses from the whois database.

RMF

Hmm... well, the spam my email that is posted on whois database, so I think RMF is right.

Nope, I never visited global bill before the SPAM.
    Hycloud is a Journalist, CEO, teacher, scientist, mathematician, engineer, economist, web developer, graphics designer, computer programmer, system administrator

I've never visited their site, and some of the emails came to Scribehost's domain contact - so, yep, they're scouring WHOIS records.

Some of the emails came in to the sales email address, though.
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

Domain visted? No.
    Reported to Spamcop? Yes.

Originally posted by snide
    I'd never heard of them until the past 24 hours - over which period I've received 1 SPAM message for each of my 3 personal email accounts.
    Yep, I got spammed under the disguise of a Newsletter/Ezine.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Spammed as well "_" First time heard of them, and will be the last. I will just blacklist the IP from my server "_"

I can't seem to get to their site... are you in the market for a merchant account?
    If you are I would not use them from what I have heard... however I am still very firm about how I feel about http://www.pay-line.com who I have been useing for awhile now great place (No I am not getting paid off to say this, I just really like their service)

Add me to the list of companies they've spammed

Exclamation global-bill.com is a scam...

their site looks great! don't believe the hype!

1) they claim to have been in business since 2000, and yet according to their domain name records, "global-bill.com was first registered in january of 2003!

2) they claim to be based in hong kong. but accrding to their domain name records, the domain global-bill.com by someone in oslo, norway:

Registrant:
    Web Administrator
    Boks 6358
    Etterstadt
    Oslo
    n/a
    N-0604
    NO

2B) ...also, a traceroute reveals they servers are hosted in the Ukraine!!

17 kl3662-4.dg.net.ua (213.186.193.4) 168.372 ms 164.862 ms 166.893 ms
    18 193.254.246.11 (193.254.246.11) 174.195 ms 173.811 ms 173.845 ms

3) their FAQ clearly states that they process online gambling transactions. (nothing wrong with that as a lot of valid bank process these type of transactions.) but global-bill publically states that they "code" all online gambling transactions as a "General Business Transaction". WRONG! i have not seen this since 2000. VISA and MasterCard have very few regulations. the ONE regulation that they inforce with an iron fist is that ALLL ONLINE GAMBLING TRANSACIONS MUST!!! BE CODED AS "GAMBLING" (Code#7995). If nothing else, the clearly in violation of VISA/MasterCard enforced regulations and are just asking to be terminated.

4) their customer service number is in fact a hong kong country/area code, BUT !! no one answers their phone - only a generic message that is THE SAME message that you get when you sign up for a J2.com premium account!! (J2 is a great service! you can get a phone number in a number of countries - including hong kong - for about 9.99 a month you don't have to live there, and you don't have to give them any personal information. very cool.) bottom line: global-bill is using J2 as a phone service. they don't ACTUALLY have a phone number in hong kong.

let's review: global-bill was "launched" in 2000 but didn't register their domain name until 2003. they use a cheap/anonymous phone service to "appear" as tho they actually have an office in hong kong, but the owner is registered to be living in norway and the servers are in the ukraine. oh yea! and they publical disclose they are in clear violation of visa/mastercard mandetory regulations.

but hey! they are having a special "end of year" promotion where the application is free! all yu have to do is send them US$2500 for the setup fee!! hey what a bargain.

conclusion: this is a scam. it is possible they are actually running a service. and it is possible it will actually work for a while. (i have no idea as i havn't tried it myself). but they WILL be shut down. why do i know? i have already reported the link to the VISA Abuse Board. if you give them your 2500.00, you just lost it.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

oasch!

I just got this spam too.
    Hostfolks Internet est. 2001
    VPS Solutions in 5 US and EU locations

Yesterday I got more spam saying that they had server problems and they also said it would be the last time they spam. Hopefully this is true.

RMF

I got spammed by them today as well. Never heard of them before this.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

I had heard of them before, but not sure how or where... but I remember when I got spammed by them I had already seen the site before
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

But... when you had seen the site before, was it from another earlier spam? Hehe.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Probably. I know a while back I was looking at a LOT of sites offernig merchant accounts though, so who knows.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

i would not jump to conclusions so fast

We run a couple of adult sites and have a global-bill merchant account are happy with them so far, cause they pay ontime and never missed a payment yet. Unlike those scums at epointprocessing who screwed us so bad and we've never seen a payment from them for the 3 months we processed with them.

I personally would not judge someone and call them scam just cause they use spam for advertising. I don't know any business that at one point or another did not think about using spam for promoting their site. Even we did it once - it just was not worth the problems and the costs associated with it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast