hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : Card Fraud

Forum Jump

Card Fraud

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru

Exclamation

Card Fraud

I have been having a lot of attempted card fraud lately on my site. A lot of it from Indonesia.

Modus Operandi: Address from US / AU. Domain names not registered or registered with no or incorrect contact information. Order is placed from different country than given contact address or through proxies of that country.

I was just wondering what quantity of fraud attempts a web hosting company has on average, say in a month.

What can we do about it besides ignoring or blocking these orders. Are there any governing bodies to which we can report misused IPs ?

nettigritty.com Web Hosting
TAMING THE WORLD WILD WEB

Sponsored Links
Old
Location = SoapBox

Our fraud numbers are around 1-2% of signups.

We just keep learning and tihtening up our processes - very few are slipping through now.

Keep plugging away - you can def report the fraud card number to the various providers (ie Visa, MC, etc...), but besided that, I dont think theres much you can do.

Old
Web Hosting Master

If you have real time card processing many of these fraudsters will target you. They will normally try to purchase big ticket items to see how much a card is good for knowing in most cases you will delete the authorization or sale. They then can use or sell the card saying it has this much available.

I would recommend just be very careful and check everyorder that comes in.

Sponsored Links
Old
Texan at Heart

You can also report it to Visa/Mastercard. They have the resources to investiagte CC fraud. You will need to contact your merchant account provider for more information

Old
Disabled

About %2-3 of my orders are fraudalent. 2Checkout.com and PayPal have caught them right away and reverse the order just as fast. We're really starting the scrutinize the orders that come through our systems now.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
More than Half of Internet Users Fear Financial Fraud when Shopping Online: Kaspersky Report Web Hosting News 2014-08-28 10:55:13
Irish Ecommerce Security Startup Trustev Raises $3 Million Web Hosting News 2013-10-30 13:18:18
Signifyd Launches to Protect Ecommerce Merchants from Fraud Web Hosting News 2013-10-16 16:37:48
SiteLock, WebsiteAlive, SecureBuy Launch Chat and Credit Card Processing Solution Web Hosting News 2013-08-27 15:11:32
Five Men from Russia, Ukraine Accused of Massive US Hack Web Hosting News 2013-07-25 14:44:22