UK Hosting Suggestions

I am currently needing around 600mb of disk space and also 13-15 GB data transfer / month and was wondering on suggestions for Good UK hosts.

My site is database driven and the reason I havent moved already is the hassle of moving the database and files. I would be appreciated if some suggestions of good hosting companys can be put my way and to PM me with any more specific details.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Hi,

If you are looking for uk hosting providers you could try http://findyourhost.co.uk and http://forum2.co.uk

Hi,

Take a look at www.findyourhost.co.uk - gives a good list of UK hosts. Also there is a forum where you could ask any questions.

Many hosts will also help you with the transfer of files and guide you through DNS changes to make the switch as simple for you as possible.
    Steve

Paul, you're just too fast!
    Steve

Originally posted by Vortex-Steve
    Paul, you're just too fast!

i remember my experience (about 3 months) with www.pickaweb.co.uk and it was quite a good one for the time, then i bought my own server. If you're looking for good uk hosting be prepared to pay a good amount of money, as uk hosting doesn't come cheaply.
    Anthony Bullock
    Freelance Website & Graphic Designer
    SiteLotus.com - Freelance Design Portfolio
    Follow me on Twitter

im looking at paying arounf £25 a months. Im sure i can find 500-600 mb space and 13-15 gb bandwidth for that. Its just finding reliable ones. Thanks for the above links so far guys

Phil
    - is this for 1 site or multiple sites ?
    - what adtabase and what version doe sit require ?
    - any specific features / software versions you need ?

There are a number of hosts that shoudl fit your bill, for high-end, low contention shared hostiong, a VPS or possibly even a low-spec dedicated server/ dediacted cobalt raq

As already said, try fyh and webhostchat.co.uk
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Take a look at http://www.jvds.com. Rus is a great guy and offers excellent VDS services.

i think you'll like these guys:

http://www.alivewww.com/unixhosting.php

i know i do.
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

Originally posted by Phil_B
    im looking at paying arounf £25 a months. Im sure i can find 500-600 mb space and 13-15 gb bandwidth for that. Its just finding reliable ones. Thanks for the above links so far guys
    thanks for the replys. I will be moving hosts in the next 2 weeks. Currently im having to buy extra bandwidth from my current host and its costing about £40 a month and I dont even have any control panel so moving is essential. I dont see the point in paying £40 if i dont even have a control panel.

I would need 20-25 gig of bandwidth as my site is inceasing in size all the time and certainly 600mb of disk space (maybe more).

I am considering beamhost.co.uk as they have a good plan running currently although speed is essential with my site. We are mySQL database driven any other suggestions are welcome.

I have been private messaged some but there maximum is 15 gig of transfer and that isnt sufficient even currently ( never mind in the long term ). Comments private messages welcome as I would like to get this all set up a week before i move.

Phil

You may want to check out www.clook.net - they have good reviews here on the WHT forums and have US and UK servers.

I'm with www.beamhost.co.uk and so far, I'm thrilled with the service and quality of service and support. The only thing I have a complaint about is the lack of ASP support, but everything else is there for me. Nice job beamhost!

clook looks very good. I think it will be between that and beamhost.

The thing im worried about is that the site might run slow due to traffic. ( currently there are 50 people on my forum ) and I dont want to have problems with slow loading and site lag.

Originally posted by Shrill
    You may want to check out www.clook.net - they have good reviews here on the WHT forums and have US and UK servers.
    Another vote for clook.net they are SOLID.

If you get the resellers account you get WHM (web hosting master) and cPanel control panels. Each of your domains gets it's own cPanel. Since this is a RESELLERS account you can offer hosting to 1 or 2 people charge them £10 per month to help offset the costs

Give karl or dean at kdawebservices.co.uk a bell, they will be able to sort you out, they come highly recommended here
    Ben Doherty
    Web Development Director
    Orbital Net Ltd - www.orbital.net – Leading UK Internet Solutions Provider
    Hosting | Colocation | Dedicated Servers | National ADSL | Leased Lines | Wireless Broadband

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned www.unitedhosting.co.uk as yet - got a few accounts with them, and very reliable. A very good reputation, too. Do a search of them here at WHT and you'll see how well they are thought of.