Thread: Server Admin

Server Admin

Server Admin Position.

Looking for a Cpanel / RHEL3 server admin for a temporary position. I have two new servers at Server Matrix and need them checked on for proper setup. DNS propagation is already underway.

They are setup the same.
    They need somebody with experience to check settings and answer some of my questions. Install some Perl Modules, make sure my SSL is installed correctly. Make sure the backup feature is setup correctly. Discuss the off server backup feature available at SM with me to decide if that is a good option. Discuss port upload speed option. Discuss setting up escalation procedure at SM and review my current process monitoring settings. Look into some email issues. Possibly install Zend optimizer. One server is experiencing some problems. It has had memory usage up to 90% twice today.

I need somebody that can be available for the first week on a 24/7 basis via some method so I can contact them for questions regarding the server. Prefer MSN messenger. After the first week, I would like the person accepting this job to be available for the next 3 weeks via at least email to answer my questions within a 24 hour timeframe. I am not looking for a server tutor course, but when I get emails from the server saying blah, blah, I would like some explanation of what is important and what isn’t.

Please PM me with experience history and payment request. I would prefer a set fee for this service, rather than a per incidence.

Regards,

Are you allowing for outsourced support/server admin companies to inquire?

We have a special currently running and are available 24/7.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Taylor
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

Hi Taylor,

That is fine. I will have to admit I am a little apprehensive becuase of receiving support from out source companies like BobCares in the past when I was a reseller with McHost. I am not looking for somebody to simply say ok, what is your login info, we will fix it and say their it is done. I would like my questions answered with why and why not type of answers. If your company provides that kind of support, than please tell me your offer.

Regards,

Trent

Thank you for all the offers. I have found a server admin.

Regards,
    Trent

Bobcares was really like that when taking care of the server?

Which one did you chose in the end?