hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : More rubbish from paysystems...

Forum Jump

More rubbish from paysystems...

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Corporate Member

More rubbish from paysystems...

Lastnite I noticed a payment got refunded to a client. We didnt authorise or get emailed about the refund it was just showing in our history for that day.

I just went in and queryed this in paysystems live support and their response was "the customer asked for a refund".

Is this normal?

The client pays and the payment is captured, we provide the goods and they simply have to ask paysystems for their moneyback without us hearing a thing about it? Sounds outrageous to me.

The support rep wasnt interested in answering me any further at this point...

Welldone paysystems you really are getting shitter by the day!

UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Ya, i've personally never used them, but have heard on several occasions of that happening, you should switch over to worldpay (if you can jusify cost) they don't allow that, and are very reliable from thier customers have told me.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: More rubbish from paysystems...

Quote:
Originally posted by UH-Matt
Lastnite I noticed a payment got refunded to a client. We didnt authorise or get emailed about the refund it was just showing in our history for that day.

I just went in and queryed this in paysystems live support and their response was "the customer asked for a refund".

Is this normal?

The client pays and the payment is captured, we provide the goods and they simply have to ask paysystems for their moneyback without us hearing a thing about it? Sounds outrageous to me.

The support rep wasnt interested in answering me any further at this point...

Welldone paysystems you really are getting shitter by the day!
Yes that’s what they do. They have refunded about $500 (About 6 months of recurring monthly payment) as per customer request Try to stay away from paysystems.

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Sponsored Links
Old
Corporate Member

We are in the process of getting our own merchant facility, I just couldnt believe the only answer they could give me was "the customer asked for a refund".

UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Yeah best option would be that and nowadays we need very tight rules against chargeback’s and related matters Just my opinion

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Old
Web Hosting Master

Yes Matt, PaySystems favours the customer and allows refunds with just a click. Can't really do much there. . .

Old
Dedicated & Managed VPS Gurus

Where as 2checkout does not. They will send you a "customer requests stop" report but the customer cannot get a refund via a button.

Old
Premium Member

In the merchant control panel(MCP).
You can add a reply for it and show the tos that is a monthly billing and you did provide the service or even the hard goods.

You must constantly keep on checking your MCP

Old
Web Hosting Master

They cancelled a payment to me recently after the order was 2 days old. Of course I had already sent the goods. That is a key service point for us.

Paysystems cancelled because the guys credit card was from Oz but he was in the Phillipines. High fraud risk. That was there only check. The guy was actually genuine. It would have been better if they asked us to take the responsibility...rather than them cancelling based on a single check point. Their fraud checking is actually a real joke to be honest.

This guy from Pakistan placed order after order with us (his credit card was from Japan and he said he was from Japan too. His IP was Pakistan though. Then I manually checked all his orders and names were changing...and credit cards were changing...BUT paysystems spotted none of this obvious behavior and captured the payments. I went in and manually cancelled them.

Warning...Third Party Payment processors are not great at what they do. They are providing a fairly run of the mill service for big bucks. In the main though they are a neccesary evil.

I am looking into Worldpay now because I need to get a bit more control on the situation.

Simon

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by theprimehost
Where as 2checkout does not. They will send you a "customer requests stop" report but the customer cannot get a refund via a button.
That is true and I hope 2CO doesn't change this system as it works well and fair.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Agreed, it sounds like paysystems have gone downhill fast, it seems if 2co is fine, paysystems has problems and vice versa, i'm gonna head for 2checkout though.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Laws
Agreed, it sounds like paysystems have gone downhill fast, it seems if 2co is fine, paysystems has problems and vice versa, i'm gonna head for 2checkout though.
Their sellers server was down for 9 hours the other day :-)

To be honest...whoever you go with you will have problems at some stage...it is just that 2checkout seem to have more than others.

Simon

Old
Web Hosting Master

PaySystems is BAD. STAY AWAY FROM this company.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I have heard moneybookers.com do not charge the chargeback fee from merchants. Its located in UK. I was wondering if it could do recurring billings..

http://www.moneybookers.com/merchant/en/index.html

Could be an excellent alternative to paysystems or other party processors..

Old
Web Hosting Master

Paysystems has expanded and therefore have changed some of their charges.

I think they'll focus less on their third party services and more on their merchant account services starting in the near future.

I guess a lot of web hosts like myself would have to find a new home.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted