hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Outrageous S&H from TigerDirect

Forum Jump

Outrageous S&H from TigerDirect

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Disabled

Outrageous S&H from TigerDirect

So I went to go purchase 128 Mb DDR RAM from TigerDirect while their special $15 rebate on Viking (used in Dell's) RAM was still active.. I got to the order page and then discovered it was $10.01 for S&H for ONE little stick of RAM?! TigerDirect bait and switch BS.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Did you overnight it?

Old
Web Hosting Master

I bet you chose their ultra-protect package, where they put it in a 10' x 10' box and fill it with 5 pounds of bubble wrap, and 7 pounds of packaging foam and ship it to you on a donkey.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I've never had a problem w/ their shipping ... you must have selected a higher cost shipping method.

Old
Disabled

There were no options to change shipping methods avail. No I did not have it overnighted

Old
Web Hosting Master

That is strange. I've never had an issue with their shipping either. Product always arrives very quickly as well.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I will never, ever again buy anything from Tiger Direct. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. They're just plain awful.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: Outrageous S&H from TigerDirect

Quote:
Originally posted by Vox Hosting
TigerDirect bait and switch BS.
It's not a bait and switch, but it is a rather high amount for S & H (which makes it unappealing to say the least). Obviously it does cost them money to pull, pack, and ship it. Maybe not quite that much, but places like BestBuy ship free, but that can't last long. I've bought a $2 item form them, and shipped free, they've got to be losing money (pack of blank CD-Rs).

• Chicken

Old
Web Hosting Master

Remember, it's Shiiping and handling someone has to process your order, get it, pack it, ect.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by is0lized
Remember, it's Shiiping and handling someone has to process your order, get it, pack it, ect.
I'm aware of that, it doesn't cost them that much to "handle" it. I'm sure they could easily do it for $5 or $6.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Outrageous shipping charges on sale or low-priced items is nothing new in the mail order computer parts industry. It's not quite as prevalant as it used to be, but it still happens often enough that you need to watch out. Tiger Direct, IMO, are a bunch of creeps anyway. I haven't done business with them for years, and never will again.

After being around the block several times, I now deal exclusively with newegg - their pricing is consistent and their shipping rates are always very reasonable. In fact, if you shop them carefully, it's often possible to build entire systems with no shipping charges whatsoever.

-B

Old
Web Hosting Master

Ordered quiet a few products from them, no problems yet..

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hostpath.com
I will never, ever again buy anything from Tiger Direct. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. They're just plain awful.
What happend on the third time?

"The only way to overcome fear, is to challenge it head on"
"The quickest way to get over a woman, is to get under another"

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Pricing tactics like that are common. The store offers a very good deal on acutal product (to get top rankings from price comparison sites), but makes money on the S&H.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

www.newegg.com

www.crucial.com <---- best ram ever

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
The IPO Road: GoDaddy’s Years-in-the-Making Preparation for Wall Street Web Hosting News 2014-06-20 14:18:19
Kim Dotcom Talks Digital Rights, Trans-Pacific Partnership in Wired Interview Blog 2013-11-20 11:53:29
UK Tech Blog Challenges CloudFlare, Web Hosts on Free Speech Blog 2013-08-12 10:32:52
New Go Daddy CEO Talks Opportunities, Direction Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:45
What's Inside Symantec's "Safe Cloud" Future Vision for Hosting Service Providers? Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:53