Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sadness and tears...

http://xtremepaintballcanada.com/van...opic=1544&st=0

That's one of the most beautiful thing I ever read in my life.
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

This is very touching and it's making me very sad. Wow, the guy is so generous and helpful. God bless the kid.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

There is only Canadians to do those type of things

That's an amazing story.

It's not working from here.... "Waiting for xtremepaintballcanada.com..."

What's it about?

-David
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

I am posting this on behalf of my son whom you see coming to visit this great site as fruit_loops. My son is 13 years old and very sick. He wants to play paintball but his disease wouldn't allow him. His friends play paintball while he is left at home in the mercy of pain.

Ever since he registered with this great site, no day would pass without him checking what's new with paintball in Canada. He reads them, both of us actually, and finds fun in reading them. He loves clicking on the flags to change provincial locations. He boasts of being able to know what's happening in paintball in different provinces just by clicking the flags. He loves looking at your markers tirelessly in the showcase.

2 nights ago, he checked the Live Chat feature but I remember him saying nobody was online. Then suddenly "Welcome" was sounded from his speakers. It was the Support Crew. Then they started chatting. The guy from the other end asked him how he was doing and my little man answered, "I have a headache". I remember the guy asking him questions about how frequent his headache occurs, what type of pain, what his age was and whether he has seizures. My son answered them truthfully. Then, the guy asked him if he was taking medicines and if he is, what medicines were they. My son listed his medicines then suddenly the guy said ... "You must be very sick buddy. Are you on chemo?" I started to wonder, how come a computer guy can be conversant in the medical field, too. Their conversation became so interesting until the guy said: "Correct me if I'm wrong and you may not answer my question if you wish. Did your doctor tell you that your seizures is caused by meningioma?" That totally stopped my heart and my suspicion that he might be a medical professional was proven right. A computer guy knows medical diagnosis just by interviewing? I thought, only kids use this site.

The guy asked my son if he can ask permission from me to phone him. Thinking why not, I gave our number. We had a chat and he was such a nice guy. Changing topics, he asked what presents he received for Christmas. Then asked my son what he wanted that he didn't get. He replied: "xbox. My nintendo is too old". The guy casually said, you'll have it pretty soon, don't worry. My 13-year old kid replied: I will work for it when I get well.

About 1 'o clock this afternoon, a lady knocked on our door with a big gift nicely wrapped. I asked where it came from and she answered me: open the box when I leave. At the sight of the big present, my poor son whispered: "this is the biggest present I have ever received". The lady introduced herself as "Stacey". According to her, they got our address from our phone number then left while we were still at the door.

When we opened the present, it's an XBOX! I found myself lost in tears while my son was so amused. I thought it was from a relative. It came complete with everything he needs: a wireless router, a wireless xbox adapter, 2 wireless controllers, 2 headsets, a prepaid xbox Live subscription for 1 year and 10 DVD games. More tears flowed from my eyes, I will never afford to buy my son these stuff. A card was enclosed: "This must be your missing gift. I hope this takes some of your pain away. It's all wireless so you won't bother getting up just to play. A technician will come by your place and hook you up with high-speed internet and make sure that you will be playing your xbox before the day ends. Tell your mom not to worry about anything. I already created your Gamer Tag and I will play online against you soon. Be sure to beat me. Get well buddy. Be strong. I'll always remember you. Pdx.Sierra (xtremepaintballcanada.com)". He was the guy my son had a chat with and must be one of the Support Crew.

About 3 'o clock, the technician came and brought with him a high-speed modem and hooked my little man's xbox and fixed our computer. With just a phone call the technician made, we got upgraded from dial-up to broadband prepaid for one year. He played a game with him before he left. He requested to keep the identities of everyone involved.

I'm in tears. I definitely am. We will never forget your kindness, sir. Please call us back. Thank you thank you. May the Lord help you and keep you safe always.

To you all who participate in this site, thank you. You all help ease the pain and hardships my son is suffering day in and day out. Thank you. Happy holidays everyone.

Originally posted by thedavid
    It's not working from here.... "Waiting for xtremepaintballcanada.com..."

What's it about?

-David
    Yeah looks like their server choked. Was about something a nice guy did for a boy with cancer.

... I didn't want to ruin it. Ya know, that'd be like stealing his thunder.

EDIT: okay ultime posted it.

God the forum has over 1500 guests + members on.
    And i think it just got overloaded, nothing loads now

I'm sure there are people of all nations that are very generous and charitable as well as kind hearted, etc..
    Though this incident is pretty rare to happen.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Wow - you don't see that kinda stuff all the time...

Nice story.

-David
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

Quite the story. I got to page 3, but now the server is hosed.

I don't believe this..if you read last couple pages someone kept posting (same person on different accounts prob)

All these posts said:

"Another dumbass jerk - ignore all

-SirMorf- "

I think they were negative replies edited by the mods.

Nice story though

You have read all the posts. As you get further through, you find out what else is being done for him. Including arrangements for proper medical treatment, a new computer, etc.

Would be nice to get a PayPal email where we can paypal him some funds.

Actually they asking that people don't donate money. It's already being paid for.

The person who started the chain of events has asked for people to donate to another child in need.

A example of the positive side of human nature and the good that can come from the internet.

Yes indeed, an amazing story.
    Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

I just read all the 45 pages.

The guy is awake, he was in comma.

that is just amazing man.. AMAZING
    "Let go, Let God"
    "He didn't lose his life on the cross, He gave it"
    "No matter which path you choose, you can only move forward"

Unbelivable story. I wish there were more people like Pdx.Sierra. They make this world a better place.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

That is incredibley generous of that guy. My family helped out a 4 year old boy with caner. My dad is friends with the guy (Named Jeff.) His son is also named, Jeff. This year, after all of his surgerys, all of his appointments and other things, they barley made it through Christmas. We bought "Little" Jeffy a goody box. We bought him a Playstation2, complete with 5 Games, a Computer Game (Some corny game, but hey, kids love it!) a few outdoor things he could play with, and some goodies for him. When "Big" Jeff opend that box with "Little" Jeff, "Big" Jeff cried in tears.
    I read that, and it brings back the pain that "Little" Jeff might not make it through his cancer. Our family spent the day on the lake with him, and "Little" Jeff was just so rambonxious (sp?), he just loved it.

Now I am in tears.
    Nick

Very touching....Tears came to my eyes,i replied to it

The Dude

God lives. God bless all who help.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I'm happy for him, hope he makes it.
    Those are some damn nice people
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Maybe Robert Marsh will chip in and help them with their monthly fees this month for EV1...I'm guessing they are going far over their monthly bandwidth allowance this month.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast